enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Harold_Oakland said:

We tried it on a couple of different days on laptop and smartphones and did not see the option for 765. 

Yes... that's so weird, so calling and going infopass are the only option, right?? I actually inquired SR twice, and today is 125days so I made an appointment of infopass to know what's going on. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

Did you keep a copy of what you sent?  The RFE is probably for something really simple.  

Question 16. Eligibility Code   This one seems to be a common cause.  For K-1 it is  (c)(9)

Did you sign the form?

Relax. It is just a little bump in the road, Probably something you can correct and send back the same day.

Thanks a lot, your answer already calmed a lot :) Yes I did make copies..hopefully I signed it :D

1 minute ago, sabellic said:

Yeah I just checked and it seems like it's gone! :/

thanks for reply:) do u think is it ok me to go infopass for i765?? I requesTed twice SR and today is 125days since I filed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, chicago1987 said:

A little less than 18 hours until our AOS interview tomorrow morning... so nervous yet so excited!

Good luck!! Let us know how the interview went!

Edit:

Quick question guys. Do you have to do the DL test even if you already have a DL in another country? :P

And would it be best to get the DL before the AOS interview? I got my SSN yesterday and was wondering about that.

Edited by Lena95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Lena95 said:

Good luck!! Let us know how the interview went!

Edit:

Quick question guys. Do you have to do the DL test even if you already have a DL in another country? :P

And would it be best to get the DL before the AOS interview? I got my SSN yesterday and was wondering about that.

I assume you live in Texas and you are from Germany, then you don't need to take the exam:

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/movingtotexas.htm

"Applicants who have a valid, unexpired driver license from another U.S. state, U.S. territory, or from Canada must surrender their out of state/country driver license and are not required to take the knowledge or skills exams. Texas also has license issuance reciprocity with France, Germany, South Korea, and Taiwan only. Applicants who have a valid, unexpired driver license from one of these countries are not required to take the knowledge or skills exams if they surrender their out of country driver license. However, if the applicant does not wish to surrender their out of country driver license, they must take and pass all required exams. The reciprocity only applies to passenger vehicles, not commercial vehicles or motorcycles.  Foreign licenses not in English or Spanish will need to have a translation service or their consulate translate the information on the driver license prior to arriving. This translation requirement also applies for marriage licenses."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, peterjk said:

I assume you live in Texas and you are from Germany, then you don't need to take the exam:

"Applicants who have a valid, unexpired driver license from another U.S. state, U.S. territory, or from Canada must surrender their out of state/country driver license and are not required to take the knowledge or skills exams. Texas also has license issuance reciprocity with France, Germany, South Korea, and Taiwan only. Applicants who have a valid, unexpired driver license from one of these countries are not required to take the knowledge or skills exams if they surrender their out of country driver license. However, if the applicant does not wish to surrender their out of country driver license, they must take and pass all required exams. The reciprocity only applies to passenger vehicles, not commercial vehicles or motorcycles.  Foreign licenses not in English or Spanish will need to have a translation service or their consulate translate the information on the driver license prior to arriving. This translation requirement also applies for marriage licenses."

Lucky. In GA, they don't even care about Canadian licenses at all, anyone out of the country must take the tests. Fortunately, I didn't have to surrender my Alberta license, so I'm keeping it as a souvenir...and it's still technically valid in Canada until next year anyways.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
18 hours ago, Rick & Apple said:

Did you keep a copy of what you sent?  The RFE is probably for something really simple.  

Question 16. Eligibility Code   This one seems to be a common cause.  For K-1 it is  (c)(9)

Did you sign the form?

Relax. It is just a little bump in the road, Probably something you can correct and send back the same day.

I thought I replied yesterday, but I don't see it now. Anyways, thanks a lot, I am eager to find out! But you made me calmer a little bit so thanks for that!

I have copies, I wrote c 9 as the code, and I do hope I signed it! :D We will see probably soon, when the mail gets here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, peterjk said:

Awesome!! Thank you very much!

Even tho im kinda thinking now if I should take the exams..cause in Germany DL's do not expire at all. They're valid for your entire life.

Edited by Lena95

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 hours ago, chicago1987 said:

A little less than 18 hours until our AOS interview tomorrow morning... so nervous yet so excited!

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got approve on the spot yesterday guys, field office is mount Laurel, PD is novermber 14 and I'm adjusting from J1 and overstayed a month... I'm at work now so I can't type the interview experience at the moment... but overall it was a nice chill young male officer and smooth interview.

Edited by nickstgc

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Guys!! I've been a silent reader here for a while. I applied for AOS through marriage to a USC, and I was an F-1 student before that. I sent my application  (concurrently filed I-765, I-130 and I-485) to the Chicago Lockbox it was received November 30th. I guess that's my PD? Not really familiar with all the terms yet. Lol. Anyhow, I just checked my case status *as part of my obsessive morning ritual* and it FINALLY UPDATED TO APPROVED!!!!!! I'm so happy!! I just wanted to post to encourage anyone with a similar timeline!!! Go on there and check. If it hasn't updated yet, here's hoping it will soon.

Good luck!!!!

PS: My receipt numbers begin with MSC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 minutes ago, nickstgc said:

Got approve on the spot yesterday guys, field office is mount Laurel, PD is novermber 14 and I'm adjusting from J1 and overstayed a month... I'm at work now so I can't type the interview experience at the moment... but overall it was a nice chill young male officer and smooth interview.

Congrats!!! ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

111 days and still no EAD. I'm beginning to get flashbacks of applying for K1 in March.

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Just had our AOS interview - very easy and pleasant. Only disappointing that in August USCIS mandated a gnorrhea test and our doctor did not complete it. Otherwise, we would have been approved on the spot. Holds up the process a bit unfortunately ... more waiting..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.