enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Any K1 filers with San Antonio as their local office got an interview date or waiver yet?

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good news here.  My wife woke me up at midnight to tell me we can finally see our case status for the EAD, and it's approved, card being produced.  The AOS and AP still show as errors when I track them.

11/23/17 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP

12/12/17 - NOA1

3/16/17 - EAD card being produced (113 days)

AOS

11.23.16 - AOS/EAD/AP Filed

12.12.16 - NOA1 Email

01.09.17 - Biometrics Appt

03.16.17 - EAD Approved/Card Being Produced

03.29.17 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card

04.21.17 - Green Card Received

ROC

02.01.19 - Filed

02.27.19 - NOA

April?       - Biometrics

01.15.20 - Approved/Card Being Produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys!

I got a quick question..me and my wife filed for AOS based on marriage from a tourist visa.

Our interview is on April 4th and I wanted to ask if its absolutely necessary to show multiple joint ownerships? Its because my social security should arrive within the next 2 weeks so we would only have 1 week left to take care of everything which seems kind of impossible with my wifes busy work schedule.

We already have a phone plan together with me as an authorized user.

The only thing we would be able to do is to hopefully open up a joint bank account but she will definitely put me into her personal bank account.

We definitely wont be able to show proof of us having a house or apartment together since our house is still under my wifes brothers name and the process of changing the names wouldn't go through by that time. We're also living at her parents house right now.

So the only thing we would really have in joint is the bank account.

Would that be enough 'joint' evidence? I'm very scared and nervous its not enough and they're going to deny me :(

Hi Lena,

So it is better to bring as many papers as you can. I have my interview scheduled for april 13th and I have been collecting everything, even furniture receipts that I bought with my husband. 

I am in a similar situation than your on regards the house. I am living at my In-laws second house but we are not paying for rent. So I asked my mother in law to write a letter stating that we are staying at her house and had that notarized. 

Also, there are a few banks such as capital bank that will not required you SSN to open an account. You can try to open the account, deposit some money, and ask them to write a letter stating the date, amount, and personal information from your wife and yourself. You can bring that letter to the interview since you will not have bank statements yet.

Aditionally, if your wife is working, she can add you to her dental, vision, and health insurance. My husband did that right after we got married and we printed the temporary insurance card from the insurance website. Someone from Human Resources also wrote a letter for us saying that on date XX I was added to his insurance as his first dependent. 

So there are several papers you can gather in the meantime. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 10/3/2017 at 3:30 PM, Backpackers said:

You can read interview reports in another section of the site:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=&cty=Philadelphia+PA&dfilter=5&topic=

I did the filter based on your location, but you can remove/change that to get an idea of the typical interview.

THank you so much!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

My wife is also on day 107 for EAD. She put in a second service request this morning and was told she would "hear something pretty soon".

We also did not receive any RFEs.

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Today (Friday) I received (by mail)  approval notice NOA 2 (I-797) for my EAD

Approved on 03/11/2017. 

At the same date USCIS ordered new card, but I still did not receive yet...

My I-485 is still pending. I am waiting for next action...(I-485 approval)

Is here anybody who are waiting for NOA2 with similar timeline?

(Detroit Field office)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hey Guys, I would have a question..

So we got our second RFE stating that our joint sponsor filled the household size data incorrectly..

They say: A household size of 0 or 1 is not acceptable. 

We live under the same roof, but we put 2 for ourselves, and he put 1 for himself. So do you think he should put 3, since we (me and my husband) live with him, even though with different incomes obviously?

Now that I was searching I saw this on the USCIS site:

• Household members are the spouse or other relatives who live in the sponsor’s residence, who are already supported by the sponsor and/or who will contribute income to the financial sponsorship of the principal immigrant and his or her family members.

...which makes me think...grrr..so he as the joint sponsor should have put 3 as the household size right or 2 because he is only sponsoring me?

We called the number they gave us in case we need help..and their answer was, they legally can't tell us. PFFFFFFFFFFFF thanks for your help..

Thanks...!

36 minutes ago, JuditMo said:

Hey Guys, I would have a question..

So we got our second RFE stating that our joint sponsor filled the household size data incorrectly..

They say: A household size of 0 or 1 is not acceptable. 

We live under the same roof, but we put 2 for ourselves, and he put 1 for himself. So do you think he should put 3, since we (me and my husband) live with him, even though with different incomes obviously?

Now that I was searching I saw this on the USCIS site:

• Household members are the spouse or other relatives who live in the sponsor’s residence, who are already supported by the sponsor and/or who will contribute income to the financial sponsorship of the principal immigrant and his or her family members.

...which makes me think...grrr..so he as the joint sponsor should have put 3 as the household size right or 2 because he is only sponsoring me?

We called the number they gave us in case we need help..and their answer was, they legally can't tell us. PFFFFFFFFFFFF thanks for your help..

Thanks...!

If he's a co sponsor, he should definitely be counting you. He is sponsoring you so from now on his household size is 2 until you get your citizenship etc like the i864 instructions say. Your husband would not be counted. 

Edited by p-ana

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 3/16/2017 at 10:00 AM, Davidblunt said:

How long are people finding it takes to receive your EAD/AP after getting confirmation it is approved?

Thanks.

Hi,

About 9 days. The status changed to "your card is being produced" and remained that status for 1 week before it changed to 'your card is mailed'. And the card is received in the mail box 2 days later.

ROC I751: LIN/NSC

Filed: May 30, 2019

Date Received: June 3, 2019

18 months extension received: June 6, 2019.

Bio Appointment Notice Received: November 1, 2019

Bio Date: November 15, 2019

Approval Date (web notice): June 10, 2020.

Notice of Card Being Produced: June 18, 2020.

Card Arrived in Mail: June 23, 2020.

Received combo card today! ?? 

I've been waiting for this for so long I don't even know how to react. I'm in a daze lol 

anyway GL to everyone else still waiting on it & GL to those few lucky ones that are scheduled for an interview already! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
11 hours ago, mnm0908 said:

Received combo card today! ?? 

I've been waiting for this for so long I don't even know how to react. I'm in a daze lol 

anyway GL to everyone else still waiting on it & GL to those few lucky ones that are scheduled for an interview already! 

Congratulations!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.