enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

Thanks.  Yes it was.  I hand wrote in my household size and they requested I redo page 4.  I guess I could call USCIS. 

We are flying to florida sunday and my husband is making me bring everything but the kitchen sink.  trump has him so concerned about deportation he runs scenarios by me everyday.

I got an RFE related to form i-864 too. They usually respond back to rfe's just a few weeks after but definitely giving them an extra push would help get the card quicker... so you guys are moving? Don't forget to change your address if you are, I'll be flying to Florida next week too lol. And ugh, Trump is ridiculous, but you guys are here legally so don't worry about deportation. Soon you will have your greencard and will be a US citizen before you know it! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, enxhi96 said:

I got an RFE related to form i-864 too. They usually respond back to rfe's just a few weeks after but definitely giving them an extra push would help get the card quicker... so you guys are moving? Don't forget to change your address if you are, I'll be flying to Florida next week too lol. And ugh, Trump is ridiculous, but you guys are here legally so don't worry about deportation. Soon you will have your greencard and will be a US citizen before you know it! :)

No just our delayed honeymoon/vacation.  

I know.  The RFIEs didn't seem to prolong others too much, but us for some reason have been put on back burner.  When filing I was wondering if my husbands I-601 waiver would cause any issues with AOS.  We got advice from our attorney on what to include in AOS documents.  I just wonder if that has anything to do with it.

2 hours ago, Dave87 said:

Today is day 103 for my parent's AOS. Nothing has changed since NOA1.

I've submitted 2 SRs for them and they get the typical response.

I-765 PD is 11/16/2016

Anyone from that week of November who still hasnt received their EAD?

All status still show as fingerprint fee was received, and case received. No RFE or RFIEs.

Hi,

Similar case here, 765 PD is 11/22/16 (my NOA is 12/07/16) and I haven't heard from them yet. I've put 2 SR, one after 75 days and the other one after 90 days. The only thing that comes to my mind is that they have a huge backlog to deal with, plus we had Thanksgiving holidays in NOV, what can delay even more the process.

Anyone else in this situation?

My I-485 shows the status ready to the interview.

Trying to control anxiety here. :)

Edited by jfrusa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dave87 said:

I-765 PD is 11/16/2016

All status still show as fingerprint fee was received, and case received. No RFE or RFIEs.

I also haven't gotten anything. I sent in 2 service requests because it doesn't hurt to do so :)

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Thanks.  Yes it was.  I hand wrote in my household size and they requested I redo page 4.  I guess I could call USCIS. 

We are flying to florida sunday and my husband is making me bring everything but the kitchen sink.  trump has him so concerned about deportation he runs scenarios by me everyday.

I'm never too worried bc we've taken the legal process, but there is a fear there for sure as this administration is very tough on immigration issues.

We live in Buffalo, NY and a couple weeks ago there was a whole big thing about 30 undocumented people being rounded up by ICE. So for kicks my husband was making joking comments about me being next (just to get a rise out of me.)  

Try and get him to relax.  I hope you're going to FL for leisure!  Enjoy the beautiful weather ?

26 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

No just our delayed honeymoon/vacation.  

I know.  The RFIEs didn't seem to prolong others too much, but us for some reason have been put on back burner.  When filing I was wondering if my husbands I-601 waiver would cause any issues with AOS.  We got advice from our attorney on what to include in AOS documents.  I just wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Oh, I see. That could be a possibility, I would still try and put in a service request for EAD though since they didn't mention anything in the RFE about the waiver, so I feel like you are okay on that aspect. And oh nice! Yeah we are doing the same. We might even cross paths there lol. Have a great time though! I fly in Wednesday, it's definitely a stress reliever from everything that's going on. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, enxhi96 said:

Oh, I see. That could be a possibility, I would still try and put in a service request for EAD though since they didn't mention anything in the RFE about the waiver, so I feel like you are okay on that aspect. And oh nice! Yeah we are doing the same. We might even cross paths there lol. Have a great time though! I fly in Wednesday, it's definitely a stress reliever from everything that's going on. 

Yes.  So looking forward to it.  going to Orlando and Miami.

I thought I put in service requests for all 3.  I'll have to go back and check that.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, LionessDeon said:

How long has it been since they received the response ? 

The received mine a month ago and still nothing. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

How long has it been since they received the response ? 

The received mine a month ago and still nothing. 

12/29/16

I just tried to put in a service request for the I-485.  It said it is not accepted because I am still within processing times.

The SR on EAD states it is in review/

11 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

12/29/16

I just tried to put in a service request for the I-485.  It said it is not accepted because I am still within processing times.

The SR on EAD states it is in review/

Hi,

Our timelines are very similar... You still waiting for the EAD, right? Same situation here.

Thank you

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jfrusa said:

Hi,

Our timelines are very similar... You still waiting for the EAD, right? Same situation here.

Thank you

Yes.  I guess they are just back logged. :clock:

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dave87 said:

I-765 PD is 11/16/2016

1 hour ago, jfrusa said:

Hi,

Similar case here, 765 PD is 11/22/16 (my NOA is 12/07/16) and I haven't heard from them yet. I've put 2 SR, one after 75 days and the other one after 90 days. The only thing that comes to my mind is that they have a huge backlog to deal with, plus we had Thanksgiving holidays in NOV, what can delay even more the process.

Anyone else in this situation?

My I-485 shows the status ready to the interview.

Trying to control anxiety here. :)

Same situation here, filed (accepted) 11/15 and still no EAD. Placed the 2nd service request yesterday, but I don't think it will do anything beyond the standard reply stating "your case is under review". 

Timeline

Well I'm sorry to hear you all are still waiting like me.

However, it does make me feel a bit better that others are still waiting too and it's not just due to my incompetence.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We received another status update on the I-765. The card has been mailed. No updates have been received on the I-485 since Biometrics were taken, and no update on the I-131 since NOA1

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.