enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, sabellic said:

That can't be the reason why, I didn't take my husband's last name just like lots of other people...

Yes, you are right. Thats stupid I know, :( haha. Late approvement makes me imagine ! Thanks for reply:)

16 hours ago, MiaTher said:

I doubt they are prejudiced to people who don't take their spouses name. I didn't take my husband's name either and my EAD took so long too but I don't think anyone knows exactly why EADs take time with some cases. I'm sure a last name is not the reason though. 

Thanks for warm reply! Hope you also have fast process:) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Vedz said:

Has any still waiting for there EAD CARD? It's been 122 days since they  receive my application.

117 days, no RFE, still waiting too :'( 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Got a job at a local supermarket and it pays quite well! I'm very happy and we are gonna celebrate with a movie date. :P I wish everyone luck on their job hunt and hope that those who don't have their EAD yet will get it soon (L)

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
15 hours ago, sabellic said:

Got a job at a local supermarket and it pays quite well! I'm very happy and we are gonna celebrate with a movie date. :P I wish everyone luck on their job hunt and hope that those who don't have their EAD yet will get it soon (L)

That's great! Congratulations and good luck :D

14 hours ago, enny101 said:

Received my combo card today.

Congratulations! :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
19 hours ago, mary514 said:

Yes, you are right. Thats stupid I know, :( haha. Late approvement makes me imagine ! Thanks for reply:)

Three Myths the Adjustment of Status Process by USCIS: 

Release Date: May 17, 2012

In reading some of the online immigration forums, we have noticed that there are a few myths on the internet about the adjustment of status, also known as the Green Card process. We hope this post helps to clear up any confusion you have about the process of getting your Green Card.

Myth # 1

USCIS must make a decision on your Green Card application (Form I-485) within 180 days after your interview.

There is no time limit on when USCIS must make a decision after an interview on an adjustment of status case. In fact, not all Form I-485 adjudications require an interview. This misconception may arise from the fact that USCIS has up to 120 days from the date of an applicant’s naturalization interview - not an interview for adjustment of status - to make a final decision on the applicant’s Form N-400. Even though there is no time limit to make a decision on an application for a Green Card, USCIS strives to adjudicate these cases within four months.

Myth # 2

You will get a decision on your Green Card application at the interview.

Often an applicant will not receive a decision on his or her adjustment of status application at the interview. Sometimes the Immigration Services Officer needs additional time to review a case and cannot provide the applicant with an immediate decision. This is especially true if additional information is requested at an interview or if additional documents are submitted at the time of the interview. There are a number of other reasons why a decision cannot be made at the interview, such as having to wait for a visa number to become available, or the need to complete security checks.

Myth # 3

In marriage-based adjustment of status cases, a wife must take her husband’s last name.

A married woman may choose a legal married name (take her husband’s surname), a legal pre-marriage name (keep her maiden name), or any form of either (for example, hyphenated name, maiden name and husband’s surname). USCIS does not require a female applicant to take her husband’s last name.

If permitted by law, a man can also take his wife’s surname, adopt a hyphenated combination of his name and his wife’s surname, or the couple may choose a hybrid of their surnames.

6 hours ago, Kestutis said:

Three Myths the Adjustment of Status Process by USCIS: 

Release Date: May 17, 2012

In reading some of the online immigration forums, we have noticed that there are a few myths on the internet about the adjustment of status, also known as the Green Card process. We hope this post helps to clear up any confusion you have about the process of getting your Green Card.

Myth # 1

USCIS must make a decision on your Green Card application (Form I-485) within 180 days after your interview.

There is no time limit on when USCIS must make a decision after an interview on an adjustment of status case. In fact, not all Form I-485 adjudications require an interview. This misconception may arise from the fact that USCIS has up to 120 days from the date of an applicant’s naturalization interview - not an interview for adjustment of status - to make a final decision on the applicant’s Form N-400. Even though there is no time limit to make a decision on an application for a Green Card, USCIS strives to adjudicate these cases within four months.

Myth # 2

You will get a decision on your Green Card application at the interview.

Often an applicant will not receive a decision on his or her adjustment of status application at the interview. Sometimes the Immigration Services Officer needs additional time to review a case and cannot provide the applicant with an immediate decision. This is especially true if additional information is requested at an interview or if additional documents are submitted at the time of the interview. There are a number of other reasons why a decision cannot be made at the interview, such as having to wait for a visa number to become available, or the need to complete security checks.

Myth # 3

In marriage-based adjustment of status cases, a wife must take her husband’s last name.

A married woman may choose a legal married name (take her husband’s surname), a legal pre-marriage name (keep her maiden name), or any form of either (for example, hyphenated name, maiden name and husband’s surname). USCIS does not require a female applicant to take her husband’s last name.

If permitted by law, a man can also take his wife’s surname, adopt a hyphenated combination of his name and his wife’s surname, or the couple may choose a hybrid of their surnames.

Thank you so much letting me know:) 

You are awesome!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys.

It's a little more than 1 week to go until our interview so we are trying to get everything ready.

But I have some questions. 

On the interview letter it says that we have to submit evidence for the I-864 form for each of my sponsors (unless already submitted). One of the things they are asking for is letters from each current employer to verify the pay rate etc. For my wife we already included it when we filed. So we dont have to submit another one, right? Is it absolutely necessary for my co-sponsor to get an employment letter? We actually just needed the co-sponsor cause my wife couldn't show tax returns from the last 3 years. 

And they also want evidence of my sponsors and co-sponsors citizenship. We already submitted a copy of my co-sponsors birth certificate..we got an RFIE for that. Do we have to take another copy or do we have to show the original at the interview?

And do the tax returns from 2016 have to be the originals or can we just make copies of all pages and take them instead of the originals?

Do we also have to show pay stubs for the past 2 months from my co-sponsor?

Then they are asking for all documentation establishing my eligibility for lawful permanent resident status. What does that mean? I dont know what we have to show for this?

And for the I-94 I can just go online to the website and print it out, right? Cause I dont have one yet.

Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by Lena95

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline
1 hour ago, mary514 said:

Yes, I called twice. It hasn't been changed anything yet. How about you?

I summited 2 Service requests and about 3 weeks from the last SR, I got online update on 120th day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys.

It's a little more than 1 week to go until our interview so we are trying to get everything ready.

But I have some questions. 

On the interview letter it says that we have to submit evidence for the I-864 form for each of my sponsors (unless already submitted). One of the things they are asking for is letters from each current employer to verify the pay rate etc. For my wife we already included it when we filed. So we dont have to submit another one, right? Is it absolutely necessary for my co-sponsor to get an employment letter? We actually just needed the co-sponsor cause my wife couldn't show tax returns from the last 3 years. 

And they also want evidence of my sponsors and co-sponsors citizenship. We already submitted a copy of my co-sponsors birth certificate..we got an RFIE for that. Do we have to take another copy or do we have to show the original at the interview?

And do the tax returns from 2016 have to be the originals or can we just make copies of all pages and take them instead of the originals?

Do we also have to show pay stubs for the past 2 months from my co-sponsor?

Then they are asking for all documentation establishing my eligibility for lawful permanent resident status. What does that mean? I dont know what we have to show for this?

And for the I-94 I can just go online to the website and print it out, right? Cause I dont have one yet.

Thank you very much in advance!

Yes you should take all the documents you submitted, originals and copies, just to be prepared. My lawyer advised to take employment letters OR pay stubs from the last two months to show that the income is still current, so take whichever one you can get. Did you make copies of the entire package you sent? Take that with you. I know you already submitted everything they asked for but they will want to see the originals.

Documents establishing your eligibility means your marriage certificate, passport, and proof of your legal entry into the country (passport stamp and/or I-94), and yes you can print your I-94 online, make sure you print a couple or make a copy of it so you can keep one (my IO kept my original). It's also important to take ALL original birth certificates, of you, your wife, and your sponsors, they will want to see them, and the translations of it if one is not in English. If you have the original tax returns take them. They may not want to keep any original documents but they want to see them, and think about it, it's better to be prepared and have the documents ready to show them instead of telling them you didn't bring them with you, which might cause them to not approve you on the spot so they can wait for you to submit what they initially wanted to see. So in short, YES take all original documents of what you initially submitted. And don't forget about photos! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.