enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Submitted AOS for spouse nov. 7. He received his employment auth. card 15th of Feb. 
still waitiing for that inerview notice. been checking online (though, i know that might be updated after actually receiving the actual mail). 

have yall received anything regarding your interviews yet?

Edited by nohemi reyes

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, sdewani said:

hi...my husband has applied for AOS...we sent ours in end of Nov. he got his work permit and AP combo card thing in the mail last Saturday March 18. His case number starts with MSC. and we are local to philly. any idea how long it takes to get green card?  I checked processing times but I cannot figure it out...any help would be super appreciated!

Hey there,

Please look at my timeline. I have my interview schedule for april the 13th and I am local to Philadelphia too. So you probably will be getting some new about your interview in the next couple of weeks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys!

I have an important question.

Tomorrow at 1pm my wife and I are going to file our taxes jointly. 

She says she wants me to put as a dependent. 

Can she do that? Cause I think she can't since she's my sponsor and shes suppose to pay for me either way. And we also have a co-sponsor. 

I hope someone can help us out cause we don't want to do anything wrong in the tax return since USCIS is pretty strict. 

Thank you guys!

29 minutes ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys!

I have an important question.

Tomorrow at 1pm my wife and I are going to file our taxes jointly. 

She says she wants me to put as a dependent. 

Can she do that? Cause I think she can't since she's my sponsor and shes suppose to pay for me either way. And we also have a co-sponsor. 

I hope someone can help us out cause we don't want to do anything wrong in the tax return since USCIS is pretty strict. 

Thank you guys!

A spouse can never be a dependent.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just wanted to share that I received my greencard today :D

I'll be going to the SS office on Monday to get my SSN. 

Congrats to everyone getting their EADs, interviews, and cases approved recently :dance:  and good luck to everyone still waiting! Hang in there. ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Suss&Camm said:

A spouse can never be a dependent.

Thanks a lot!

40 minutes ago, MiaTher said:

Congrats to everyone getting their EADs, interviews, and cases approved recently :dance:  and good luck to everyone still waiting! Hang in there. ?

Congratulations!!! Thats awesome!! :dancing:

Hey guys, I went to infopass because of late combo card finally. (I called SR twice) I'm not sure if visiting there helps or not.

When I went there, uscis employee asked to me why I didn't follow my husband's last name staring my case papers through a computer, so I answered that my passport is still valid ,and I don't want to make complicated situation when I travel. Then, he asked to me if I am going to be a US citizen. I said that "I'm not sure yet." Then, he told me that you need to wait a while. I also asked what is the reason, but he didn't tell me. Then, he said he just sent a mail to NBC office for requesting your case. 

While I came back to home, I was feeling desperate and confused since I couldn't get exact answer from them. I can't understand why my i765 takes so long time. A lot of people who filed after me already got EAD. I even didn't get RFE. Do you think the reason my EAD card has been late is not following my husband's last name? I have a few age gap with my husband's,  but our marriage is real not fake! 

Edited by mary514

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
1 hour ago, mary514 said:

Hey guys, I went to infopass because of late combo card finally. (I called SR twice) I'm not sure if visiting there helps or not.

When I went there, uscis employee asked to me why I didn't follow my husband's last name staring my case papers through a computer, so I answered that my passport is still valid ,and I don't want to make complicated situation when I travel. Then, he asked to me if I am going to be a US citizen. I said that "I'm not sure yet." Then, he told me that you need to wait a while. I also asked what is the reason, but he didn't tell me. Then, he said he just sent a mail to NBC office for requesting your case. 

While I came back to home, I was feeling desperate and confused since I couldn't get exact answer from them. I can't understand why my i765 takes so long time. A lot of people who filed after me already got EAD. I even didn't get RFE. Do you think the reason my EAD card has been late is not following my husband's last name? I have a few age gap with my husband's,  but our marriage is real not fake! 

That can't be the reason why, I didn't take my husband's last name just like lots of other people...

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, mary514 said:

I doubt they are prejudiced to people who don't take their spouses name. I didn't take my husband's name either and my EAD took so long too but I don't think anyone knows exactly why EADs take time with some cases. I'm sure a last name is not the reason though. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, MiaTher said:

Congrats!

10/3/16 Married in NYC!

11/4/16 Mailed forms to Chicago lockbox via FedEx

11/7/16 Paperwork received at lockbox

11/22/16 NOA Received via Text/Email

12/15/16 Biometrics complete

02/06/17: EAD card Being produced

02/09/17: EAD card mailed

02/16/17: EAD card received (with typographic error)

02/17/17: EAD Typographic error E-Request sent

02/21/17: EAD Correction application with documents mailed to NBC

02/24/17: EAD Packet signed by USCIS

03/14/17: Text/Email NOA

03/21/17: Hardcopy NOA received

03/25/17: Mailed out I-131

04/10/17: Biometrics repeated for EAD I-765

04/21/17: i-131 Expedite request

05/10/17: I-131 Approved at Infopass appointment

06/12/17: Local congresswoman contacted

06/19/17: Documents sent to congresswoman 

06/20/17: i-765 EAD Card is being produced

06/24/17: NOA hard copy received

06/26/17: EAD Card in hand

09/13/17: AOS interview

09/13/17: Green Card produced

09/15/17: Green Card mailed

09/18/17: Green Card in hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vedz said:

Has any still waiting for there EAD CARD? It's been 122 days since they  receive my application.

I received approval notice on my 120th day

3 hours ago, Vedz said:

Has any still waiting for there EAD CARD? It's been 122 days since they  receive my application.

Yes, me, I'm still waiting. Today is 130days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.