enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, htfaust said:

You don't need a reason, but you still have to be inspected at reentry and it's at discretion of the CBP officer whether or not to parole you in.

Ugh that Just makes me want to wait until I get the GC ? I wouldn't want to risk anything.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey guys :) I'be been kinda ghosting this page looking at your timelines to see if someone with similar timeline that I have got approved :) my EAD card was approved yesterday that's why I decided to share good news with you guys for those who are still waiting..

my timeline- applying from k1

11/10-package sent

11/28-noa 1

1/14- rfe for I-485

1/24- response for rfe

3/15- AP was produced 

❤️

Edited by Vickyxd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys!

I got a quick question..me and my wife filed for AOS based on marriage from a tourist visa.

Our interview is on April 4th and I wanted to ask if its absolutely necessary to show multiple joint ownerships? Its because my social security should arrive within the next 2 weeks so we would only have 1 week left to take care of everything which seems kind of impossible with my wifes busy work schedule.

We already have a phone plan together with me as an authorized user.

The only thing we would be able to do is to hopefully open up a joint bank account but she will definitely put me into her personal bank account.

We definitely wont be able to show proof of us having a house or apartment together since our house is still under my wifes brothers name and the process of changing the names wouldn't go through by that time. We're also living at her parents house right now.

So the only thing we would really have in joint is the bank account.

Would that be enough 'joint' evidence? I'm very scared and nervous its not enough and they're going to deny me :(

How long are people finding it takes to receive your EAD/AP after getting confirmation it is approved?

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, mnm0908 said:

I will be going to DMV Monday! Woot woot! I hope I can simply renew my DL from last yr. I got it with (DACA)  so I won't have to wait for a driving test and stuff. Anybody know? 

Depends... over a year expired??

http://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/renew-license.php

Expired Driver's License

Do NOT drive if your IL driver license or motorcycle license has expired.

If your IL driver's license has been expired for 1 year or less, you are still eligible for renewal.

If you let your Illinois driver license stay expired for more than 1 year, you cannot renew your IL driver license online and you may be subject to additional testing requirements.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got the EAD card today in the mail! YAY!!

Had the quickest visit ever to the SSA and got my name change. I'll tackle the DMV tomorrow :D 

1 minute ago, htfaust said:

Had the quickest visit ever to the SSA and got my name change. I'll tackle the DMV tomorrow :D 

horraayy! :D

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

Depends... over a year expired??

http://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/renew-license.php

Expired Driver's License

Do NOT drive if your IL driver license or motorcycle license has expired.

If your IL driver's license has been expired for 1 year or less, you are still eligible for renewal.

If you let your Illinois driver license stay expired for more than 1 year, you cannot renew your IL driver license online and you may be subject to additional testing requirements.

It's under a year so that should be quick! ?

33 minutes ago, htfaust said:

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!  

My husband seriously doesn't understand how much this means to me! I'm so glad everyone here does! :D

I showed him this forum yesterday and he was like just like oh that's cool . ?

Edited by mnm0908

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys!

I got a quick question..me and my wife filed for AOS based on marriage from a tourist visa.

Our interview is on April 4th and I wanted to ask if its absolutely necessary to show multiple joint ownerships? Its because my social security should arrive within the next 2 weeks so we would only have 1 week left to take care of everything which seems kind of impossible with my wifes busy work schedule.

We already have a phone plan together with me as an authorized user.

The only thing we would be able to do is to hopefully open up a joint bank account but she will definitely put me into her personal bank account.

We definitely wont be able to show proof of us having a house or apartment together since our house is still under my wifes brothers name and the process of changing the names wouldn't go through by that time. We're also living at her parents house right now.

So the only thing we would really have in joint is the bank account.

Would that be enough 'joint' evidence? I'm very scared and nervous its not enough and they're going to deny me :(

I'd say do everything you can to get as many shared bills or accounts as possible. If you guys have been living together for a long time they may ask you why you don't have bills together, especially if you both work. But if you have legit reasons/explanations as to why you don't, then you'll be fine. Definitely get a joint bank account, and you being on her personal account is a good idea too. The phone bill is good too. I'm sure they'll understand if you guys are living with her parents, just be prepared to answer questions regarding the reasons and how the living situation is on a daily basis and how the process of you guys moving in together went. If you guys have a sponsor you'll likely be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MiaTher said:

I'd say do everything you can to get as many shared bills or accounts as possible. If you guys have been living together for a long time they may ask you why you don't have bills together, especially if you both work. But if you have legit reasons/explanations as to why you don't, then you'll be fine. Definitely get a joint bank account, and you being on her personal account is a good idea too. The phone bill is good too. I'm sure they'll understand if you guys are living with her parents, just be prepared to answer questions regarding the reasons and how the living situation is on a daily basis and how the process of you guys moving in together went. If you guys have a sponsor you'll likely be fine.

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, we will definitely do our best to get as much as possible. Thats fine if they would ask that question..im not working right now cause I got my EAD about 1 week ago and im still waiting for Social Security. I'm not even sure if im gonna be working until we have the interview:/ 

Thank you so much..im a bit more calm about the whole house thing now. I was literally freaking out lol

Yuup we do have a joint sponsor which is her sister and she also lives in her parents house.

I'm hoping everything will be fine :S 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Lena95 said:

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, we will definitely do our best to get as much as possible. Thats fine if they would ask that question..im not working right now cause I got my EAD about 1 week ago and im still waiting for Social Security. I'm not even sure if im gonna be working until we have the interview:/ 

Thank you so much..im a bit more calm about the whole house thing now. I was literally freaking out lol

Yuup we do have a joint sponsor which is her sister and she also lives in her parents house.

I'm hoping everything will be fine :S 

Alright. Like I said if you have legit explanations they'll understand. Also, since you don't have many bills together, you will have to compensate for that with information about how much you know about each other and your relationship. At my interview the officer was particularly interested in hearing about the dates. Dates of when you two met, for how long you dated, when things got serious, what kind of dates you went on, when you moved in together, when you got married, when you got engaged, etc, and what you do at home. (My interview story is a couple of pages back if you'd like to read it to get an idea of what all to expect). 

Just remember to not be nervous and you'll be ok.

Good luck and let us know how it went! ?

P.S And print lots of pictures especially with family and friends to show at the interview. 

Edited by MiaTher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.