enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks!  I just don't want to

do anything wrong at this stage.  

Wasn't expecting such quick turnaround, as it was not that easy to find work in Ontario.  I'd send out close to 100 resumes and maybe get 1 call back. 

Sent out 5 and have started the interview process with 2.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

Does anybody know how soon you show up in the DHS e-verify database/system? 

I got the update that my card was being produced on Friday, and so I started looking at jobs yesterday, and have had some incredible luck with next day interviews. 

I feel like the one place will be formally offering me a position on Thursday when I go in for a second interview.  I was upfront and told them I don't have the physical card yet, and neither place seemed concerned with that.  I assume I should have the card by end of next week.  That would be 10 business days.  

Trying to logically convince myself that I would show as eligible in their system, but that's just my excitement.

That's really awesome!!! Congrats!

How long did it take from the day you applied to when they called you for an interview?

I started applying last Friday and I don't know what to expect haha. Let's hope they call! So far I applied to 4 different jobs.... I'll keep applying. The more, the merrier, I assume... ?

Edited by MSchacherer

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MSchacherer said:

That's really awesome!!! Congrats!

How long did it take from the day you applied to when they called you for an interview?

I started applying last Friday and I don't know what to expect haha. Let's hope they call! So far I applied to 4 different jobs.... I'll keep applying. The more, the merrier, I assume... ?

I sent out about 8 resumes to postings and 2 responded same day for phone interviews with face to face the next day (today) and I have second interviews on Thursday and Friday.   

This has never happened before in my life.  The first company I interviewed with said it's difficult for them to fill the position bc there is a shortage of qualified candidates in my field, so she usually has to take people with no experience and it doesn't always work out.

Send out as many as you can for

jobs in your field - never hurts to have options :-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

I sent out about 8 resumes to postings and 2 responded same day for phone interviews with face to face the next day (today) and I have second interviews on Thursday and Friday.   

This has never happened before in my life.  The first company I interviewed with said it's difficult for them to fill the position bc there is a shortage of qualified candidates in my field, so she usually has to take people with no experience and it doesn't always work out.

Send out as many as you can for

jobs in your field - never hurts to have options :-)

Smart move!' And that is awesome!!! It was a super quick turn around. What is your background?

So funny! As I was reading your response, I got an email from a company with which I applied yesterday! They want a phone interview! Hahaha you brough me good luck ;).

Good luck with the next interview!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MSchacherer said:

Smart move!' And that is awesome!!! It was a super quick turn around. What is your background?

So funny! As I was reading your response, I got an email from a company with which I applied yesterday! They want a phone interview! Hahaha you brough me good luck ;).

Good luck with the next interview!!

I work with title insurance and legal claims as a result of those.  It's a pretty niche market even within real estate law. 

Congrats on the interview!  So happy to see everyone progressing ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Today is day 103 for my parent's AOS. Nothing has changed since NOA1.

I've submitted 2 SRs for them and they get the typical response.

I-765 PD is 11/16/2016

Anyone from that week of November who still hasnt received their EAD?

All status still show as fingerprint fee was received, and case received. No RFE or RFIEs.

Hi everyone. Quick question- Will my interview be delayed if I change my address from North Carolina to California? My priority date for I-485 is November 21st. My current status is -

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

We don't want to travel back to Charlotte just for an interview but we don't want it to be delayed either by changing address to California.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, luckylady said:

I don't have an interview date yet but I am trying to prepare for it anyway. I am wondering about showing co-mingling of finances. We do not have a joint account and am wondering if thats a problem? Each of us has a separate account ( i got one when I came here for studies). Is it extremely important to have a joint account? Also, i saw that some people say that their spouses have added them to some bills. How does that work? Does that mean that you are now paying that particular bill? My husband is the one paying the bills and says he doesn't know if it makes sense to add me and show USCIS since I am not currently working and can't really pay the bills. So far I have been added to his health insurance and he will add me to his credit card. I don't know how else to show financial co-mingling. Someone kindly advise. Thanks.

Joint bank accounts and bills is what USCIS takes into consideration, because generally married people share many types of accounts and bills, so yes it will help your case. If your name is added to a bill it doesn't mean that you are now paying for it, it just recognizes you as the other main account holder besides your husband, and shows uscis that you are living together. It doesn't matter if you aren't paying for bills, it's still helpful to add your name on them. Phone, water, electricity, car insurance, internet, cable, etc, all these are bills your name can be added to. Good luck! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dave87 said:

Today is day 103 for my parent's AOS. Nothing has changed since NOA1.

I've submitted 2 SRs for them and they get the typical response.

I-765 PD is 11/16/2016

Anyone from that week of November who still hasnt received their EAD?

All status still show as fingerprint fee was received, and case received. No RFE or RFIEs.

15 minutes ago, enxhi96 said:

Hey everyone ! I hope you all are doing well. Have the majority of you gotten EAD now? And has anyone done interview or gotten their green card yet? 

Haven't heard a word since they received our RFIE response on 12/29/16.

No EAD or AP.  Put in a service request and got the generic "It's under review" response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Havent heard a word since Dec 7th. The Biometrics was over a month ago. Houston Office

K1 Journey

04/22/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX

04/27/16....Delivered at Dallas, TX

04/29/16....USCIS Receive Date (Printed on NOA1)

05/02/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

05/09/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

07/12/16....NOA2 Approval Text & Email received (74 days)

07/16/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received (4 days from text)

07/28/16....NVC Received Case (16 days from text)

08/01/16....Consulate Received Case

09/30/16....Interview

10/04/16....Visa Received

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

11/18/16....Packet mailed to Chicago Lock Box, IL

40 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Haven't heard a word since they received our RFIE response on 12/29/16.

No EAD or AP.  Put in a service request and got the generic "It's under review" response.

Was your RFIE in regards to i-864? I heard some people called and put in a successful service request. Or you could try contacting your district congressman for help. Hoping you get the combo card soon!! 

38 minutes ago, cricketman said:

Havent heard a word since Dec 7th. The Biometrics was over a month ago. Houston Office

Did you put in a service request yet? Sometimes they are a push forward due to office lagging. Good luck!! Keep us updated ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, enxhi96 said:

Was your RFIE in regards to i-864? I heard some people called and put in a successful service request. Or you could try contacting your district congressman for help. Hoping you get the combo card soon!! 

Thanks.  Yes it was.  I hand wrote in my household size and they requested I redo page 4.  I guess I could call USCIS. 

We are flying to florida sunday and my husband is making me bring everything but the kitchen sink.  trump has him so concerned about deportation he runs scenarios by me everyday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, enxhi96 said:

Did you put in a service request yet? Sometimes they are a push forward due to office lagging. Good luck!! Keep us updated ?

No haven't done that....maybe I should try that

K1 Journey

04/22/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX

04/27/16....Delivered at Dallas, TX

04/29/16....USCIS Receive Date (Printed on NOA1)

05/02/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

05/09/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

07/12/16....NOA2 Approval Text & Email received (74 days)

07/16/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received (4 days from text)

07/28/16....NVC Received Case (16 days from text)

08/01/16....Consulate Received Case

09/30/16....Interview

10/04/16....Visa Received

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

11/18/16....Packet mailed to Chicago Lock Box, IL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.