mycase17

I-751 November 2016 Filers

1,900 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, MHZ said:

According to October 2016 Forum, 

California Service Center (40 applicants, 14 approved - 35%)

They have a more updated list for CSC. It is now 16 approved, 40%

N400 Timeline

Applied Online 06/17/2018

NOA Generated 06/17/2018

NOA Delivered by Mail 06/21/2018

Biometrics Notification Online 06/22/2018

Biometrics Letter Available Online 06/26/2018

Biometrics Letter Arrived Home 06/28/2018

Biometrics Walk-In (originally scheduled 7/13)  06/29/2018

Interview Online Notification 4/25/2019

Interview Letter Received in Mail 05/02/2019

Interview 05/31/2019 (approved on-site)

Oath Ceremony Scheduled Notification on Website-06/04/2019

Oath Ceremony Letter Available Online-06/05/2019

Actual ceremony scheduled for 07/10/2019

US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys; 

My application (like many of us) was transferred to a local office. 

Do you know if this processing time applies to our application?  If so, that's such a looooong time!

5abe9226a773f_ScreenShot2018-03-30at2_37_06PM.png.8d6198100d27786ea2b3772bcddb29ab.png

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

10 minutes ago, Michelle13 said:

Hi Guys; 

My application (like many of us) was transferred to a local office. 

Do you know if this processing time applies to our application?  If so, that's such a looooong time!

5abe9226a773f_ScreenShot2018-03-30at2_37_06PM.png.8d6198100d27786ea2b3772bcddb29ab.png

unless you receive a physical mail notice that your case has been transferred to local office, your application is still at CSC. It was a system glitch and lot of people in forum said that our case was just moved from one location to another location within CSC. Anyway CSC is half-way through October 16 cases, so we should be next :) 

Hi everyone. 

Husband is a November 2016 filer. We got a notice online that our case was transfer to local office March 5 2018 then nothing not even in mail. The USCIS website is very confusing. Does anyone know what cases CSC is at. Is it October or September?

Thanks

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, roselyn2014 said:

Hi everyone. 

Husband is a November 2016 filer. We got a notice online that our case was transfer to local office March 5 2018 then nothing not even in mail. The USCIS website is very confusing. Does anyone know what cases CSC is at. Is it October or September?

Thanks

Based on the October 2016 thread, it looks like they are towards the end of October 2016 cases.

It takes 17.5 months to finish 50% of the cases, so Nov. 2016 cases should be addressed towards mid-April.

ROC (CSC)

• 11/21/2016 - Package sent
  • 11/22/2016 - Package received
  • 11/29/2016 - Check cashed
  • 11/30/2016 - Two NOA1 letters received (NOA1 date: 11/22/2016)
  • 12/08/2016 - Bio-metrics appointment letter received
  • 12/22/2016 - Bio-metrics appointment (12/09/2016 - early walk-in)
  • 02/25/2018 - We received your case
  • 02/26/2018 - We received your case
  • 05/18/2018 - Status changed to New Card Is Being Produced

On March 22nd, I received a letter from the local office in Indianapolis to appear, with my spouse, for my I-751 interview on 28th March. I spent days on gathering more evidence of bona fide marriage and went in on 28th. I was scheduled for 10 AM but got there at 9:30, turned in my appointment letter and was called in to a room for interview at 9:45 with the SAME IO who did my N-400 interview. 

he had my file in front of him and it was a bulky one since I had sent in a lot of evidence. Interview only took 5 minutes, he asked questions regarding my application ( dates, places, etc.) and then said he would recommend for approval. He also mentioned that since my N-400 interview was already done, I will not be receiving my green card and basically will be receiving a letter for my oath ceremony between 30-60 days. 

So, now I'm waiting for that letter, which is MUCH, MUCH better than waiting for an interview. So I believe depending on the workload at the local office, they are processing I-751 November 2016 filers, especially who were eligible and applied for N-400. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
26 minutes ago, genghiz said:

So, now I'm waiting for that letter, which is MUCH, MUCH better than waiting for an interview. So I believe depending on the workload at the local office, they are processing I-751 November 2016 filers, especially who were eligible and applied for N-400. 

Excellent.

When was your initial N-400 interview?

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

21 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

Excellent.

When was your initial N-400 interview?

My N-400 interview was on 14th February. During that interview, IO stated he could not approve my N-400 due to my I-751 pending and he would schedule another interview with me and my spouse in order to process that. 

Do you have any updated on your oath ceremony?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 minute ago, genghiz said:

My N-400 interview was on 14th February. During that interview, IO stated he could not approve my N-400 due to my I-751 pending and he would schedule another interview with me and my spouse in order to process that. 

Do you have any updated on your oath ceremony?

Thank you for answering.

I have yet to receive any updates on the oath ceremony. The people at the field office told me that it was an IT issue with their ROC approval system, and that's why we were being held on an approval for that part of the journey. I find it hard to believe, but hey, what can I say.

I am indeed being proactive, so I did take a few actions to see if anything can be done. Ultimately, I'm trying to focus on the fact that I am pretty much done and am just waiting to be processed; this helps.

I'll keep everyone posted in the meantime if something were to change.

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I filled my ROC in Nov 2016 and since I was eligible I filled for N400 in November 2017. I received an interview date and had it on April 3rd. The officer said that my case was different, because they were working with both the ROC and the Naturalization, and they only give them so much time, she won't be able to approve me right there. So she asked me a lot of questions and then took my test and gave me a piece of paper saying I passed the citizen test, but it can't be approved yet, because she has to review the ROC first. She said that if they need anything, they would let me know. But it's so frustrating not having had both these things together. 

58 minutes ago, JimyAnita said:

I filled my ROC in Nov 2016 and since I was eligible I filled for N400 in November 2017. I received an interview date and had it on April 3rd. The officer said that my case was different, because they were working with both the ROC and the Naturalization, and they only give them so much time, she won't be able to approve me right there. So she asked me a lot of questions and then took my test and gave me a piece of paper saying I passed the citizen test, but it can't be approved yet, because she has to review the ROC first. She said that if they need anything, they would let me know. But it's so frustrating not having had both these things together. 

What is your noa1 date ? Also did your spouse come along with you ? Did they interview your spouse as well ?

59 minutes ago, JimyAnita said:

Also which is your field office ?

Timeline

What is your noa1 date ? Also did your spouse come along with you ? Did they interview your spouse as well ?

My NOA date for my ROC is Nov 12 2016. The NOA for Citizenship is Nov 5, 2017 (My timeline is up to date). My husband came with me, but I went to the interview alone. When she told me that we would work on both cases, I told her that my husband was outside and she said "It's ok, if we need him, we will call him", but we never did. 

Also which is your field office ?

San Diego

10 hours ago, JimyAnita said:

It's frustrating but believe me, almost everybody's in the same boat. Only so many people were approved for N-400 while their ROC was pending. I wasn't lucky either. The same exact thing happened to me, but the IO did schedule an interview 35 days later and approved both N-400 and ROC after doing ROC interview. That's just how it is. Hang in there--it should happen soon!

Timeline

It's frustrating but believe me, almost everybody's in the same boat. Only so many people were approved for N-400 while their ROC was pending. I wasn't lucky either. The same exact thing happened to me, but the IO did schedule an interview 35 days later and approved both N-400 and ROC after doing ROC interview. That's just how it is. Hang in there--it should happen soon!

it is, because first of all, why would they work on the citizenship first? Second, I had understood they would work on both files TOGETHER! It doesn't make any sense to have 2 interviews, to lose a whole day off work again, etc. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.