mycase17

I-751 November 2016 Filers

1,900 posts in this topic

Just now, shradhak said:

Bin deeq when did you submit your RFE? Is CSC processing your case? I submitted my RFE in June and still waiting for interview to be scheduled. 

I didn't receive any RFE !! My case was transferred from CSC to my local office on May, 2018 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Bin deeq said:

I didn't receive any RFE !! My case was transferred from CSC to my local office on May, 2018 

My case was transferred to my local office in first week of July right after I sent my RFE. So I assume 1.5-2 months before I get my interview notice! 

Timeline

I'd like to share what happened with me so that nobody else makes the same mistake. I sent my RFE and waiting to my interview to be scheduled. My mailing address is my inlaws family home in Jersey and my husband and I live in manhattan. My Mother in law is away and the mail was at the neighbors and I missed my interview. I got the letter 2 days after the scheduled interview. In the meantime I was checking status online which it did not update also sent them a case out of processing time request on Sept 25th. On oct 15th I got an email saying interview waiting to be scheduled not mentioning that the interview was indeed scheduled for the 17th! USCIS does not update cases online as they should and the information we get on the phone/email is not reliable. Look out for those letters-don't be dumb like me! I went to the office today and the lady was very nice. They made me fill out the interview notice on which you can give a reason to reschedule and said it will be rescheduled. There's a 30 day grace period after you miss you I751 interview before they deny your case.

Hi everyone,

I had my ROC interview October 17 and I felt it went well. IO said she had enough information for the decision and she would review with supervisor and If everything ok I should receive the notification that day for the approval of my case. Haven't gotten the notification yet (its been a week).

I called them and the last notification in their system is from June when my case was transferred to NBC. There was no online update with the date of my interview online. So I guess I will not receive the online update with approval...

Its been such a long process (23 months), I just cant wait to have some official paper/email/notification stating im approved.

thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 hours ago, Losi said:

I still didn’t get any updates...nothing since my case was transferred in May ((( feel like I’m only one left ....

Me too

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got the best news at 7pm.

"New card is being produced."

So happy!!!!! Its been 2 years since applying for ROC

Sending the best energy for all those who are still waiting

Edited by AH&JH

13 hours ago, AH&JH said:

Congrats!! :) 

Did you have any RFEs or interview?

2 hours ago, tootiespookie said:

Congrats!! :) 

Did you have any RFEs or interview?

I had RFE (May) and Interview (October).

I filed jointly but got divorce a year later, so my application was still pending while my divorce was happening. I switched for divorce waiver while in the interview.

Edited by AH&JH

2 hours ago, AH&JH said:

I had RFE (May) and Interview (October).

I filed jointly but got divorce a year later, so my application was still pending while my divorce was happening. I switched for divorce waiver while in the interview.

Would you mind sharing more info? What was the RFE for? What did the IO ask you at the interview?

On 11/8/2018 at 5:41 PM, AH&JH said:

Congrats 💃

Finally, after almost exactly 2 years. I receive my GC this past Friday (November 16). If the list is still getting updated, could someone please mark me there as approved? thank you! best luck for everyone still waiting

On 11/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, tootiespookie said:

Would you mind sharing more info? What was the RFE for? What did the IO ask you at the interview?

RFE was requesting divorce decree and asking if I would like to amend petition to divorce waiver.

Interview, IO asked about my marriage and about why I got divorce (and questions regarding my reasons for getting divorce). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.