mycase17

I-751 November 2016 Filers

1,900 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok guys so..

As most of you know I applied for my i751 ROC NOV/2016. N400 UNDER 3YR RULE NOV/2017.

I got letter ROC was transferred to NBC in May.

June I got interview for N400 scheduled for today.

Today I went to my interview with my spouse (We live in LA all papers were filled in LA also)

We arrived at the building, got transferred to a different room, then we waited about 40 minute (Yeah I know, kinda long.)

A very nice and young latina USCIS officer called my name to enter the interview room, I said does my husband has to come in? She said no if we need him we call him.. I said ok

As we walking to the room she told me ''I wont be able to approve your n400 interview today because your I751 is still pending.)

So when we sat down, I told her, it has been pending for 22 months, can't we do an interview now with my spouse? She said Yeah I know, Unfortunately we are very back logged with those I751'S and we are very limited in the number of officers who can interview for it and adjudicate these petitions.. Let's go ahead with you n400 and if I can I will try to ask the office to interview you today for I751 if not you will go home and wait for notice about it...

Frustrating to be honest with you guys.. but what could I say or do?

So we went ahead with n400, first she went through my application and asked some basic stuff, then she asked if I have any joint papers with my spouse, I said yes, I left her IRS joint transcripts, joint bank statements/ electricity/ internet/ trips. 

She put it all in her desk and then asked simple question to read and write.

Then she asked me 6 questions - What is the name of chief of justice? How many members are there in the house of representatives ? How many years we elect a representative? and 3 more questions, I passed, then on to yes and no...

So she left all docs in her desk and told me to wait with my spouse outside cause if they could interview for i751 they would. If not she would tell me.

5 minutes later she came out and said'' Our officer is backlogged today, but he said you prob wont need interview just a look at your case, I will leave the docs you brought today for him to look and wait to receive a notice from us at your mail about it.''

So it seems kinda positive in my opinion, It seems as all the officer needs to do is look at my case and send me my hopefully approval and oath date..

Yet why couldn't them get it done while I was there?

I don't get it... But I am not about to argue with them lol

I will try to schedule an info pass for a stamp on my passport and if by then I haven't heard anything I will ask them to double check my case.

I have a paper says I passed the test but decision can not be made yet.

If you have any advice to me please give.

I did mention that September new rule to her, she kinda giggled and told me '' that new policy is yet under review'' Seemed like as she was saying it won't really go through but IDK.. Thought I would mention here.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 1:08 PM, MHZ said:

As of 10:30 am today, I am a US citizen 

Hi Dear.

I am not sure, But your case seems to be the same mine., So might you tell me  have you ever got the email or mail says that:

" Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on 11/30/2016. You have also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time "

Is that mean I need to take the interview for ROC as well?

Thanks 

Rgds

TRUNG THANH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Trung Pham said:

Hi Dear.

I am not sure, But your case seems to be the same mine., So might you tell me  have you ever got the email or mail says that:

" Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on 11/30/2016. You have also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time "

Is that mean I need to take the interview for ROC as well?

Thanks 

Rgds

TRUNG THANH

I didn’t get that email but it says you will have a combined interview.

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
18 hours ago, MHZ said:

I didn’t get that email but it says you will have a combined interview.

Thanks for responding.

" It says mean s/o in the USCIS office or on their  phone?

On 7/16/2018 at 3:29 PM, bahamamama234 said:

Ok guys so..

As most of you know I applied for my i751 ROC NOV/2016. N400 UNDER 3YR RULE NOV/2017.

I got letter ROC was transferred to NBC in May.

June I got interview for N400 scheduled for today.

Today I went to my interview with my spouse (We live in LA all papers were filled in LA also)

We arrived at the building, got transferred to a different room, then we waited about 40 minute (Yeah I know, kinda long.)

A very nice and young latina USCIS officer called my name to enter the interview room, I said does my husband has to come in? She said no if we need him we call him.. I said ok

As we walking to the room she told me ''I wont be able to approve your n400 interview today because your I751 is still pending.)

So when we sat down, I told her, it has been pending for 22 months, can't we do an interview now with my spouse? She said Yeah I know, Unfortunately we are very back logged with those I751'S and we are very limited in the number of officers who can interview for it and adjudicate these petitions.. Let's go ahead with you n400 and if I can I will try to ask the office to interview you today for I751 if not you will go home and wait for notice about it...

Frustrating to be honest with you guys.. but what could I say or do?

So we went ahead with n400, first she went through my application and asked some basic stuff, then she asked if I have any joint papers with my spouse, I said yes, I left her IRS joint transcripts, joint bank statements/ electricity/ internet/ trips. 

She put it all in her desk and then asked simple question to read and write.

Then she asked me 6 questions - What is the name of chief of justice? How many members are there in the house of representatives ? How many years we elect a representative? and 3 more questions, I passed, then on to yes and no...

So she left all docs in her desk and told me to wait with my spouse outside cause if they could interview for i751 they would. If not she would tell me.

5 minutes later she came out and said'' Our officer is backlogged today, but he said you prob wont need interview just a look at your case, I will leave the docs you brought today for him to look and wait to receive a notice from us at your mail about it.''

So it seems kinda positive in my opinion, It seems as all the officer needs to do is look at my case and send me my hopefully approval and oath date..

Yet why couldn't them get it done while I was there?

I don't get it... But I am not about to argue with them lol

I will try to schedule an info pass for a stamp on my passport and if by then I haven't heard anything I will ask them to double check my case.

I have a paper says I passed the test but decision can not be made yet.

If you have any advice to me please give.

I did mention that September new rule to her, she kinda giggled and told me '' that new policy is yet under review'' Seemed like as she was saying it won't really go through but IDK.. Thought I would mention here.

I had the exact same situation at the LA office today : passed the N400 but since I 751 is pending the officer (she) couldnt provide a decision : My ROC date is Nov 18th 2016 : what about you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, jerrygarcia said:

I had the exact same situation at the LA office today : passed the N400 but since I 751 is pending the officer (she) couldnt provide a decision : My ROC date is Nov 18th 2016 : what about you?

I ended up having approval of n400 and oath ceremony scheduled already without further hearing from my ROC.. my officer was really nice she saw that my husband was there with me, she saw how many times I asked to have combined interview and how many docs I brought... I guess she became moved also for the fact I could not go to my home country when my dad died of cancer...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, Trung Pham said:

Thanks for responding.

" It says mean s/o in the USCIS office or on their  phone?

Most likely in their office. You should get a notice in the mail

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

Hello fellow november filers,I've been following this thread for many months now.I changed my username from jaimeruva to jaime1984,anyways I am super duper excited because this morning I got an email from uscis saying that as of july18th they are producing my card and that it should arrive in no later than 120 days!!!!! words cannot Express how I feel it's been well over 20 months of waiting finally over🤩🤩🤩🤩time to celebrate🍻🍻🍻🍻

Here's my timeline for everyone that's curious.

Filed on November 15th 2016,

Biometrics on December 4th 2016,

Received the transfer to local office glitch on February 25th 2018,

Received an RFE on May31st 2018😥

CSC received my response to RFE on June26th 2018,

AND TODAY JULY19TH 2018 RECEIVED THE WE ARE PRODUCING YOUR NEW CARD AND WE WILL MAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU GAVE US.

I am beyond words, this has been a great support group through out this entire loooooong process, and for the remaining November 2016 filers that are still waiting all I can say is there's always light at the end of the tunnel no matter what the situation is, hang in there you're time will come!!!!

9 minutes ago, J@ime1984 said:

Hello fellow november filers,I've been following this thread for many months now.I changed my username from jaimeruva to jaime1984,anyways I am super duper excited because this morning I got an email from uscis saying that as of july18th they are producing my card and that it should arrive in no later than 120 days!!!!! words cannot Express how I feel it's been well over 20 months of waiting finally over🤩🤩🤩🤩time to celebrate🍻🍻🍻🍻

Here's my timeline for everyone that's curious.

Filed on November 15th 2016,

Biometrics on December 4th 2016,

Received the transfer to local office glitch on February 25th 2018,

Received an RFE on May31st 2018😥

CSC received my response to RFE on June26th 2018,

AND TODAY JULY19TH 2018 RECEIVED THE WE ARE PRODUCING YOUR NEW CARD AND WE WILL MAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU GAVE US.

I am beyond words, this has been a great support group through out this entire loooooong process, and for the remaining November 2016 filers that are still waiting all I can say is there's always light at the end of the tunnel no matter what the situation is, hang in there you're time will come!!!!

OMGOD JAMIE!!!!! IM SO HAPPY TO HEAR. I WAS WONDERING ABOUT YOU. GOD IS GOOD. MY TURN IS NEXT!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP AND SUPPORT WITH THE RFE INFORMATION. ENJOY MY FRIEND 

26 minutes ago, Val2014 said:

OMGOD JAMIE!!!!! IM SO HAPPY TO HEAR. I WAS WONDERING ABOUT YOU. GOD IS GOOD. MY TURN IS NEXT!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP AND SUPPORT WITH THE RFE INFORMATION. ENJOY MY FRIEND 

Hey val I hope you're doing good!!

Thanks for the good words I know you're next cause after approximately 20 days of CSC receiving my response to RFE.they approved my case, so I'm hoping you get approved early next week let me know!🙏

hey everyone I just checked my account online and my status changed to we approved your case!!!!! exactly what I was waiting for 2 days ago it was we order your card,but now I'm convinced it's for sure can't wait to have the 10 year green card in my hands🤗Can someone tell me how long it took them to actually get the card after card production/we approved your case message?? thanks everyone!!

Filed: Timeline

I am also a late November 2016 filer...  The only notification that I have ever received besides the February glitch was the notification that my case was transferred to NBC "in order to speed up processing" becasue I filed for N-400, and that notification was sent in May... I contacted USCIS inquring the status and they said the reason my N-400 is delayed is because my I-751 hasn't been approved yet. This is very frustrating! I wrote to my state senators for help and so far haven't received any responses from any of them either. I am only a few days away from submitting outside of normal processing time inquiry so I guess I will do that to see what happens. Anyone has other advises about what else I should do at this point? Highly appreciated.

8 hours ago, J@ime1984 said:

hey everyone I just checked my account online and my status changed to we approved your case!!!!! exactly what I was waiting for 2 days ago it was we order your card,but now I'm convinced it's for sure can't wait to have the 10 year green card in my hands🤗Can someone tell me how long it took them to actually get the card after card production/we approved your case message?? thanks everyone!!

I have heard 1-2 weeks? I'm one of the unlucky ones and haven't received mine since I was approved in April.   Congratulations on your approval!! I hope you get your Green card soon. 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

11 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

I have heard 1-2 weeks? I'm one of the unlucky ones and haven't received mine since I was approved in April.   Congratulations on your approval!! I hope you get your Green card soon. 

thanks for the quick reply, but your saying you got approved back in April and still no card in hand WHAT?????? I'm sure you've called uscis right? what have they told you? That's unheard of

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.