Cnance

Very confused. Approved with no interview?

10 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm a little confused here. I applied for our I129F in the end of August, and here i am today, with an I-797 NoA stating my fiance is approved and its valid from 10/27/2016 and 02/26/2016. She didnt go to the Mexico embassy for an interview, and she hasn't done a medical examination. She was an Au Pair here in the US for 2 years and that ended last July this year, so maybe that had something to do with it? Im just looking for some help. because to me, it sounds like she could come here tomorrow and that seems to good to be true.

Am i missing something?

I understand that, but why does this NoA say this is good from 10/27 until 2/26? I know that there is only one Embassy in Mexico that handles these things, but it doesnt list any information about that embassy or any contact information to figure out what is going on.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

It's not your place to contact the embassy in Mexico.....NVC will send it there and they will schedule the interview....that date is for how long that case is valid......CHILLAX

If you know nothing about the rest of the process, you may want to start looking around in the Mexico forums to find out what to do next.

But yes, your NOA2 is simply that the PETITION was approved. You have until Feburary to have the interview at least scheduled, if not, you can ask for an extension on it. EVERYONE gets four months from the time of approval for the NOA2 expiration time. Ours was June 2nd to Oct 2nd.

Research the next step for your country. For example, for Canada, once we confirm that our consulate has the case, we e-mail the consulate everything they ask for in Packet 3. From there, the consulate emails us packet 4, and we're free to schedule our interview and medical. Every country is different, find out how it works for Mexico.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

There basically 3 main stages of immigration...

1. Petition/Application

2. Interview

3. Entry (Entering the US)

An immigrant can get denied at ANY of those stages. You should really spend some time and research ALL steps related to your visa journey. Use the guides and search feature on this site. This is a life changing complex process and you should educate yourself with as much knowledge as possible.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.