dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I received a checklist requesting a document which I have already submitted. The horrible part is that all the checklist is in English except when it come to the last paragraphs in the last page it come in strange language.

Anyone has something similar???

Same thing happened to me... I had a checklist for the police clearances which I knew was going to happen, but they also asked for "5 -marriage certificate" and "6 -marriage termination" which we had sent to the NVC initially (they are the same docs that the USCIS accepted and approved). The text describing what was needed for the police clearances were normal and readable. The marriage documents looked to be in Greek letters but appears to be the Symbol font. If I import the PDF into Word, the only way i get the text that they originally sent is to change the font to Symbol. The lawywer called the NVC and they confirmed it was only a font problem. They asked us to re-send the marriage/divorce docs and explain why we were sending them again.

l did a symbol to roman character conversion by hand and figured out what the symbol fonts translated to... It basically said that they couldn't accept the documents we sent and directed us to go to https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html for more information. It also mentioned that if the docs were not in English, they needed to be tranlated with a statement saying that the translation was accurate and the translator was competent to translate.

We had waited 5 weeks plus 4 days from the original scan date to get the checklist. A couple weeks after that, we sent them the police clearances and the marriage/divorce info again. The scan date for that info was Sept 28.. It's been in supervsor review since Nov 10 which they put me in after I called them when it hit 6 weeks. I called yesterday (Nov 22) and nothing had been reviewed yet. Really hoping to get the CC soon and not another checklist...

I see you had an expidite at the NVC. I have one as well but an emergency didnt come ip until we were already at 8 weeks processing. So our case was sent straight to the consulate and they have it since Friday afternoon. In your experience how long after they received your case at the consulate did you receive your interview date?

The embassy received the packages 1 week after expedite granted and I got email about interview 9 days later

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

The only way to know for sure is to call them a few days after it has arrived. I also received an email a week later telling me what my scan date was but not everyone receives an email so I wouldn't rely on that method for information on your case. The best way to deal with the NVC is always to call.

Same date as mine!!

Wahoo I think we were also at USCIS same timing - will be thinking if you!

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Wahoo I think we were also at USCIS same timing - will be thinking if you!

Oh we started in February with Nebraska and were 164 days there waiting for approval.

Back then I had hoped that it would be nice to be finished by Thanksgiving but it has taken 10 months and 1 day to get to interview from sending I-130. I suppose I should be thankful it's not quite the 'one year' that is often quoted as a total processing time.

Haven't seen my husband since June 4, so I'm getting anxious now.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Today is our 6 weeks and one day (well it was actually yesterday but, you know, Thanksgiving and all). My husband called the NVC this morning and we got put into supervisor review! Yay! Hopefully not long now until case complete... :)

Oh we started in February with Nebraska and were 164 days there waiting for approval.

Back then I had hoped that it would be nice to be finished by Thanksgiving but it has taken 10 months and 1 day to get to interview from sending I-130. I suppose I should be thankful it's not quite the 'one year' that is often quoted as a total processing time.

Haven't seen my husband since June 4, so I'm getting anxious now.

Haven't seen mine since July 6th. He's spending Xmas with me in England though! :D He'll be here in 10 days!

I think my case is going to get very close to the one year mark. We started at end of Feb.

Today is our 6 weeks and one day (well it was actually yesterday but, you know, Thanksgiving and all). My husband called the NVC this morning and we got put into supervisor review! Yay! Hopefully not long now until case complete... :)

What is your scan date. Today is our 6 weeks still no cc yet

What is your scan date. Today is our 6 weeks still no cc yet

October 12th. Have you been put into supervisor review yet?

Our scan date is October 14. They have not put our case to supervisor's review they said technically I'm still on the 6 weeks time frame. I'm planning to call them again later and Monday. They cannot escalatell it coz were still in the 6 weeks time frame... SMH

Our scan date is October 14. They have not put our case to supervisor's review they said technically I'm still on the 6 weeks time frame. I'm planning to call them again later and Monday. They cannot escalatell it coz were still in the 6 weeks time frame... SMH

Yeah, they gave us the same spiel. They'll do it on Monday, for sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.