dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

I think if no checklist case will be completed. They send to supervisor review if case didn't get look at by six week. My six week will be this Thursday but they already started reviewing. I am hoping no checklist.

Our 6 weeks is this Friday, when I called today they said to wait couple more days to finish the review and I should receive and email and if I don't receive any email they said to call back Monday. I am hoping that we don't get any checklist as well.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I received a checklist requesting a document which I have already submitted. The horrible part is that all the checklist is in English except when it come to the last paragraphs in the last page it come in strange language.

Anyone has something similar???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just called NVC. Still no changes. This time she said to call back Monday. Which makes sense given my scan date 10/17/2016. I asked her if she could put me on Supervisor review, she said it didn't look like there was a reason to be put on Supervisor review. I was hoping to get on there sooner than later. I am anxious now and I am wondering if they see something flagged on others cases that causes them to be put on Supervisor Review.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The magical precious 3rd N/A plus wrong name corrected on the CEAC website finally!!!!!

Wife will confirm by phone when off work GOD's will.

Scan date 5/10 on Supervisor review 18/11

And cc on 22/11 as we hope!

Yaaaaaaaaaahhhhhoooooo!

I have not been that happy in awhile ...damn that consuming exhausting process ...

Thank you all guys for the support and unconditional help you provide

Wish the best for all of you.

Congrats.

I have the same scan date as yours, hope to hear good news soon:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats.

I have the same scan date as yours, hope to hear good news soon:)

thank you.

Yes, in fact I checked for you once I saw my N/A thing to see if you had anything.

Did you check the CEAC website?

I wish u happiness sooner :)

Edited by Ayman taha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thank you.

Yes, in fact I checked for you once I saw my N/A thing to see if you had anything.

Did you check the CEAC website?

I wish u happiness sooner :)

Yes i checked but no magical 3rd N/A:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Still waiting in NVC I had to resend the I-864 because I added the all three names (wife and two daughters) on the same affidavit of support for the CR-1/ CR-2 applications but I was informed now that I had to send a separate one for each application. It was scanned (two of the three all three were mailed together) I-864 were scanned in Nov 7th after arriving to the NVC Nov 4th. I called and was informed now it can take up to another 6 weeks to be reviewed. :crying:

I guess they will not be here before this Christmas. :cry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

That's too bad, sorry to hear that.

I really think that the NVC should have 2 lines. The 6 week wait for the 1st time though and maybe an 'express' line of maybe 2-3 weeks to limit the pain of families being separated for so long.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks,

I agree there should be a better way. I mean my case was received Sept 16th 2016 at the NVC.

I also think they should have more on the website to give you the status of what is happening instead of calling every time and waiting for long periods of times

Timeline

Yes i checked but no magical 3rd N/A:(

Keep doing and dnt lose hope

GOD's will you gona have it soon.

Let's say by Monday because tomorrow is off.

Timeline

What is that magical 3rd n/a? Sorry I'm such a nooob lol

In the CEAC website page where you have the fees, documents and forms.

Everybody always have two N/A's in front of the documents boxes and two paid boxes in front of the fees if you made the payments already.

It was noticed by almost everyone that once the AOS fee changes from paid to N/A this means a case complete so u call and confirm.

I hope that made any sense lol

Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

I just submitted my DS-261 with the understanding that I can do this either before or after the AOS payment since both DS-261 and AOS are activated around the same time anyway. But when I submitted the DS-261 without first paying the AOS fee, I could no longer access the payment for AOS and it now displays the standard error that you would see when the system is in the process of invoicing your IV ("This This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted.") Husband called NVC and the operator said it wouldn't be activated again until we receive our welcome letter, which is in 4 weeks.

What's happening? Any help or idea would be much appreciated!

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.