dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Sorry to ask if that has been discussed before... I mailed the AOS + IV package recently. Tracking says it got there on Monday the

14th.

I haven't heard anything from NVC. Should i be expecting an email and how soon? Or the only way to find out is to call them?

Thanks a lot!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think it's 6 weeks irrespective of the number of pages. I had an employment visa, and they literally only had 4 pages to review as opposed to CR1 category and it still took them 8 weeks.

Did "Affidavit of Support Fee" in your case change from Exempt to N/A post CC?

USCIS
I-140 sent: 06/15/2016
NOA1: 06/17/2016
I-140 approved: 09/21/2016
Received hard copy NOA2: 09/23/2016
Sent to NVC: 09/28/2016

NVC
NVC Received: 10/07/2016
Case # and IIN#: 10/22/2016
DS-260 Completed: 10/22/2016
IV Fee Invoiced: 10/27/2016
IV Fee Paid: 10/27/2016
Sent IV Package: 11/04/2016
Scan Date: 11/08/2016
Supervisor Review: 12/20/2016
Case Complete:1/9/2017

Embassy
Interview Date:3/16/2017
Visa Approved:
Visa in Hand:

I was told the same thing :( I'm so upset!! They said and January is slim chance too bc a lot of embassies are full in January! I hate nvc! I wish they would let us gather our documents ourselves and take care of it without them just delaying the process even more

I wouldn't believe what you hear about that. The people who answer the phones have no idea which embassies are busy and which aren't. Whilst some embassies have waits of several months (UAE springs to mind), Western Europe is not like that. Our embassies are quiet because almost all visitors travel on the VWP so there are very few appointments needed for tourist visas, which frees up the time and resources for immigrant visas. We also have lower numbers of people wanting to immigrate.

I was initially told when I got case complete that I wouldn't get a December interview and was also given the "busy embassies" party line.

When is my interview? December 6.

Hey everyone! Sorry to ask if that has been discussed before... I mailed the AOS + IV package recently. Tracking says it got there on Monday the

14th.

I haven't heard anything from NVC. Should i be expecting an email and how soon? Or the only way to find out is to call them?

Thanks a lot!

The fastest way to find out is to call them. They will eventually email you but it will take over a week. Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Did "

Affidavit of Support Fee

" in your case change from Exempt to N/A post CC?

For some reason, mine was always n/a, so while everyone talked about 3 n/a's I was all confused as I already had 3 n/s to begin with.

14th.

Thanks a lot!

We never got an email, or any written response from them. My lawyer told me not to expect anything. Best to call, my husband only just found out our scan date when he called on Monday.

Filed: Timeline

We never got an email, or any written response from them. My lawyer told me not to expect anything. Best to call, my husband only just found out our scan date when he called on Monday.

We also never got an email that they received our documents. I discovered the scan date via telephone. They could save themselves a lot of phone calls if their system was sending out emails (or noting in CEAC) that the documents had been received and were awaiting review.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Finally received the "case complete" email this morning, 8 days after I confirmed it with NVC by phone. Now just waiting for the appointment date.

Hi everyone, HELP

Anyone had checklist email sent after confirming cc by phone?

we couldn't really understand so we are having our lawyer to check

while we will schedule your case for interview

they said that we need to submit w2 form financial evidence for 2015

however we did send it with the package ... ( for info my husband and i lived in S korea so the tax for 2015 from korea are included and we also sent them a letter from his new employer in US with his annual salary)

they are also stating TO not send anything back to NVC and to just give all the doc to the visa applicant who should present them to officer during interview

Anyone had this before :(((

Dating from : June 1st, 2012
Marriage: December 31st, 2015
File I-130: Feb 23rd, 2016
NOA 1: Feb 26th, 2016 (Nebraska)
File I-129F : March 21st, 2016
USCIS Timeline
2016/02/23: Sent I-130
2016/02/26: Priority Date (Nerbraska Service Center)
2016/02/29: Received "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation"
2016/07/05: Case Approved (Approval Notice)
2016/07/08: I-129F Fiance petition decision letter (applied for both however after approving I-130 the i-129 was rejected
NVC Timeline
2016/08/11 : Received (ACL)-Case and Invoice number from NVC
2016/08/12 : AOS and IV fees Payment Proceed by our Lawyer (Status Showing PAID online)
2016/09/16: Package sent to NVC
2016/09/16: File arrived at NVC
2016/09/23: Received NOA (Scan Date)
2016/11/02: 6 weeks NVC
2016/11/04: NVC Supervisor transfer
2016/11/17: Case Completed (confirmed by phone)
2016/11/18: Email confirmation with W2 checklist to bring the interview date
2016/11/23: Case Complete Letter
2016/12/20: Medical
2017/01/09: Interview Date (Jan 9th 8:30 AM)
VISA Approved
Received VISA

Hi everyone, HELP

Anyone had checklist email sent after confirming cc by phone?

we couldn't really understand so we are having our lawyer to check

while we will schedule your case for interview

they said that we need to submit w2 form financial evidence for 2015

however we did send it with the package ... ( for info my husband and i lived in S korea so the tax for 2015 from korea are included and we also sent them a letter from his new employer in US with his annual salary)

they are also stating TO not send anything back to NVC and to just give all the doc to the visa applicant who should present them to officer during interview

Anyone had this before :(((

I am in the same situation with a transcript. Case complete and then got a check list but they are letting me bring it to interview rather than send it to the NVC and wait goodness knows how many weeks for them to review it.

I included the tax return in the package but they want the transcript at interview. Do you still have a copy of W2 that they want?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

the date they get your AOS and IV packets of documents.

I sent my aos packet first and they received it on oct 4th they my husband sent the rest and recived it on the oct 14th does it mean my scan date is oct 14?

I am in the same situation with a transcript. Case complete and then got a check list but they are letting me bring it to interview rather than send it to the NVC and wait goodness knows how many weeks for them to review it.

I included the tax return in the package but they want the transcript at interview. Do you still have a copy of W2 that they want?

Well i guess taking it to interview is a way better than sending it back to NVC , which is good for us

but what transcript you are talking about?

Am sure my lawyer has it or my husband ~ but it's just frustrating as they didn't really mention what's wrong with the submitted one..

Or maybe they lost it????? can this happen?

I sent my aos packet first and they received it on oct 4th they my husband sent the rest and recived it on the oct 14th does it mean my scan date is oct 14?

The best way is to call and ask ..

Dating from : June 1st, 2012
Marriage: December 31st, 2015
File I-130: Feb 23rd, 2016
NOA 1: Feb 26th, 2016 (Nebraska)
File I-129F : March 21st, 2016
USCIS Timeline
2016/02/23: Sent I-130
2016/02/26: Priority Date (Nerbraska Service Center)
2016/02/29: Received "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation"
2016/07/05: Case Approved (Approval Notice)
2016/07/08: I-129F Fiance petition decision letter (applied for both however after approving I-130 the i-129 was rejected
NVC Timeline
2016/08/11 : Received (ACL)-Case and Invoice number from NVC
2016/08/12 : AOS and IV fees Payment Proceed by our Lawyer (Status Showing PAID online)
2016/09/16: Package sent to NVC
2016/09/16: File arrived at NVC
2016/09/23: Received NOA (Scan Date)
2016/11/02: 6 weeks NVC
2016/11/04: NVC Supervisor transfer
2016/11/17: Case Completed (confirmed by phone)
2016/11/18: Email confirmation with W2 checklist to bring the interview date
2016/11/23: Case Complete Letter
2016/12/20: Medical
2017/01/09: Interview Date (Jan 9th 8:30 AM)
VISA Approved
Received VISA

Well i guess taking it to interview is a way better than sending it back to NVC , which is good for us

but what transcript you are talking about?

Am sure my lawyer has it or my husband ~ but it's just frustrating as they didn't really mention what's wrong with the submitted one..

Or maybe they lost it????? can this happen?

The best way is to call and ask ..

All they told me last i called is they received the last packet on October 14. Im assuming that is my scan date? I guess i have to call then and ask

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

All they told me last i called is they received the last packet on October 14. Im assuming that is my scan date? I guess i have to call then and ask

Yep, option 3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I called this morning and was told my case is under document review so they said anyday I should have CC! I hate waiting!!!!!!! I want CC :(

I called them on November 15 and they told me same things, my scan date on sep 27, Texas services center. Yours?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.