dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

Congrats!!

Scan date two days behind me, little jealous :( did you so a supervisor review or not?

That means your could be completed by tomorrow or Friday. I was put in supervisor review at 5 weeks. ( so they say) I don't even know if it really even goes to a supervisor to be honest. Keep calling them. You might get it by Friday!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

On your summary information page when you log in to CEAC.

The 1st NA is gonna be under this:

"

Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence"

The 2nd NA is gonna be under this:

"

Civil

Documents"

The 3rd NA is supposedly gonna show up under:

"

Affidavit of Support Fee"

And supposedly it does not show up for those who filed electronically. I don't have mine yet, was told hopefully by the end of the week... scan date Sept 30th, 6 weeks ended on Friday Nov 11th. Was put on supervisor review as of monday morning - the 14th, at 7am-ish.

I am calling them every day. If there's nothing by the end of this week, time to resort to USCIS tactics - file ombudsman complaints, send letters to senators and congressmen, etc.. I've started this process in January and it looks like my wife will not be here in time for the holidays. Thank you DACA for grinding everything to a halt...

Thnx a lot, but what does this 3rd N/A means ? Does it mean that the case complete or what ? Should i get it before or after the interview and medical exam ?

Thnx a lot, but what does this 3rd N/A means ? Does it mean that the case complete or what ? Should i get it before or after the interview and medical exam ?

People seem to notice it shows up before you get an email saying your case is complete. When people see it they call and the person on the phone says it's complete. It hasn't been confirmed, but it has been a consistent finding on the forums.

Hey guys!

I'm new to VJ and can't believe I've only just discovered it! Better late than never! Can't tell you how lovely it's been reading this thread, it's so encouraging seeing what everyone has to say and knowing that there are others going through the same painful wait that we are. My lawyer's been telling me to just sit and wait and not interfere, that there's nothing I can do help my case :angry: ...We went ahead and called the NVC anyway, because it seems to me like doing nothing is the worst thing we could possibly do.

We didn't get any notice of the scan date from them before, but have now found out they received everything on 12th October. So we're at 5 weeks now and unfortunately weren't lucky enough to go to supervisor review early. We'll try again next week though! :)

That means your could be completed by tomorrow or Friday. I was put in supervisor review at 5 weeks. ( so they say) I don't even know if it really even goes to a supervisor to be honest. Keep calling them. You might get it by Friday!!

Supervisor review at 5 weeks is lucky! wonder if that helped.

Just called and they said it is "under review" as we speak...fingers crossed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ashaa since you are from Pakistan and I am from same region will not give me much hope. My six week will be 24th which is Thanksgiving. Seems like I will have to wait like another month. My scan date October 13th.

I am also from pak. Scan date 05/10.

Called today and was told to call on friday because representative said thursday midnight will complete my 6 weeks. I hope we all get cc soon:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am also from pak. Scan date 05/10.

Called today and was told to call on friday because representative said thursday midnight will complete my 6 weeks. I hope we all get cc soon:(

5/10 was Wednesday, today midnight is your six weeks ... Just like me ... I would recommend you calling again tomorrow if you can ... I hope the best for both of us.

5/10 was Wednesday, today midnight is your six weeks ... Just like me ... I would recommend you calling again tomorrow if you can ... I hope the best for both of us.

One of the callers tried to "argue" with me about when 6 weeks was for me. She tried to say it was on a Friday when my scan date was a Wednesday. I tried to politely say "My scan date was a Wednesday, so exactly 6 weeks would be a Wednesday not Friday". She sounded a little annoyed that I corrected her, but put it under supervisor review. I called first thing the next day to make sure she didn't just mess with me because she was annoyed. In retrospect though I should have just said "Okay", hung up and recalled.

Timeline

One of the callers tried to "argue" with me about when 6 weeks was for me. She tried to say it was on a Friday when my scan date was a Wednesday. I tried to politely say "My scan date was a Wednesday, so exactly 6 weeks would be a Wednesday not Friday". She sounded a little annoyed that I corrected her, but put it under supervisor review. I called first thing the next day to make sure she didn't just mess with me because she was annoyed. In retrospect though I should have just said "Okay", hung up and recalled.

Your idea sounds better indeed.

I am not the one who makes the call though so I wonder about how much a call cost? Time and money aspects ... My wife is so dead busy and be on hold for an hour or something, as I have read many times here, is not really affordable for her...

Your idea sounds better indeed.

I am not the one who makes the call though so I wonder about how much a call cost? Time and money aspects ... My wife is so dead busy and be on hold for an hour or something, as I have read many times here, is not really affordable for her...

Ya I call from my office while I'm doing charting on a computer so I can leave my phone on speaker and sit on hold and write some notes. Doesn't cost any money for me.

The shortest wait times I tend to experience is right when they open (7am ESTish). I get to my office around 7am CST so after an hour I'll usually call. However I have noticed less friendly people at that hour than in the afternoon. Not sure why.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ashaa since you are from Pakistan and I am from same region will not give me much hope. My six week will be 24th which is Thanksgiving. Seems like I will have to wait like another month. My scan date October 13th.

I was thinking like you. Just stay calm and cheer up!!

NOA 1: 01/28/2016

NOA 2: 06/09/2016

NVC Received case from USCIS: 08/18/2016

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 09/06/2016

Pay AOS Bill : 09/07/2016

Send AOS Package : 09/16/2016

Submit DS-261 : 09/15/2016

Receive IV Bill : 09/13/2016

Pay IV Bill : 09/13/ 2016

Send IV Package : 09/16/2016

NVC received package: 09/20/2016

Scan date: 09/21/2016

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : ??????

Case Completed at NVC: ????

Timeline

Ya I call from my office while I'm doing charting on a computer so I can leave my phone on speaker and sit on hold and write some notes. Doesn't cost any money for me.

The shortest wait times I tend to experience is right when they open (7am ESTish). I get to my office around 7am CST so after an hour I'll usually call. However I have noticed less friendly people at that hour than in the afternoon. Not sure why.

Good for you, international calls can bring a whole city bankrupted here :) and my wife work is a hands-on job so it is hard to do that early.

Probably still half-asleep, did not have coffee or breakfast and wondering why on earth those people are calling that early :) believe me I know, I worked as customer care for few months :D

I truly pray for the best of luck for everyone here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Finally case complete!!! Kinda. I just wanted to at least say it hehe. Our case was sent to the consulate in Peru today. The status says in transit but no 3 N/A's. Either way I am beyond grateful that the consulate is accepting our missing certs which were judiciary and penalty records. We would have been approved at 8 weeks and 4 days. Ugh what a long anoyhing journey that was at the NVC I cannot imagine having to wait another 8 weeks for approval. Hopfully we'll get a December interview!

CR-1 Time lime Peru to Miami! Currently living in Peru with my husband.

I'm Cuban-American Husband is Peruvian

9/13/15- met my husband while I was working here as a Nurse

11/29/15- He proposed! :luv:

12/19/15- Our civil wedding (excited to have our religious ceremony with family in the US) :wub:

3/7/16- Sent our packet

3/11/16- NOA 1

Lots of impatient waiting! :bonk:

7/22/16- NOA 2 (I could not beleive my eyes!)

8/1/16- Case sent to NVC

8/12/16- NVC received (I had to call to get supervisor to send welcome letter)

8/19/16- was when I called NVC to figure out if they received it

8/22/16- Received case number

8/23/16- Paid AOS

8/26/16- DS-261

9/1/16- Paid IV

9/6/16- DS-260

9/8/16- sent both packets

9/9/16- NVC received

9/12/16- NVC scanned

10/11/16- Received false checklist DS260 missing- they said it was mistake

10/25/16-Supervisor review

11/1/16-Expedite approved when documentarily complete

11/10/16-Checklist-we pleaded with consulate to just accept our case and review missing documents diring interview

11/16/16- Case Complete and sent to consulate- Finally- this was the most exhausting wait :dead:

11/23/16- Interview date received :dance:

1/4/17- Interview not before christmas but at least we got one!

0/0/17- Visa received

0/0/17- POE fee paid

0/0/17- Travel to US POE Miami

0/0/17- SS# received

0/0/17- Greencard received

In the home stretch!!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

How dusty is my package at NVC right now? Sooo dusty. Hope someone sees it on their way to the break room. That employee will make my day and will be announced the real MVE, Most Valuable Employee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.