JimJesDuma

I-129F November 2016 Filers

3,358 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
*** Note: Don't panic ****

This is an OLD post that I dug up from facebook group.

Just found it amusing.

Jim

Fil2usa Visa Services

USCIS California service center closed due to "plumbing issues". Maybe they were using the K1 visa petitions as tissue paper, they sure haven't been working on them.

USCIS California Service Center Closed Due to Plumbing Issues

On Monday, March 25, 2013, some customers were notified of delivery delays to the USCIS California Service Center (CSC). The delays were the result of a temporary closure of CSC due to plumbing issues. The CSC will remain closed on Tuesday, March, 26, 2013. Deliveries will resume once CSC reopens. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide updates as they become available.

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

1 hour ago, Nico22 said:

my Receipt date is November 17 but my notice date is November 22nd. hmmm i don't to get my hopes up that i'll get approve by this month. There still a lot of cases out there that haven't touch yet.

Our receipt and NOA1 dates are the same.  I'll keep you in-mind as more people get approved.  Good luck to us all!

K-1 Visa Journey

11/14/2016: K1 Visa Application Mailed To Dallas Lock Box

11/17/2016: K1 Visa Application Received Date

11/22/2016: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/22/2016: Received NOA1 Text and Email - USCIS California Service Center

11/23/2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail

02/07/2017: Received NOA2 Approval Online - 77 Days From NOA1 Date

02/11/2017: Received NOA2 Hard Copy In The Mail

03/03/2017: Case Received By NVC

03/08/2017: Called NVC And Received Case # and Invoice # - CEAC Website Shows Case Is "Ready"

03/09/2017: Downloaded Packet 3 From Canadian Consulate Website - Emailed Packet 3 at 12:30am PST

03/09/2017: Received Return Email Packet 4 at 1pm PST

03/09/2017: Scheduled Interview Per Packet 4 Instructions

04/19/2017: K1 Visa Interview At Montreal US Embassy - Visa Approved - 148 Days From NOA1 Date

04/26/2017: CEAC Status Changed From "Administrative Processing" To "Issued"

04/28/2017: Visa In Hand

05/28/2017: POE Peace Arch Crossing - Blaine, WA USA - Experience Was Very Friendly And Welcoming

07/14/2017: Wedding Day

AOS Journey

08/19/2017: AOSEAD, AP Mailed To Chicago Lock Box

08/29/2017: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

08/30/2017: Received NOA1 Text and Email For AOS, EAD, AP

09/05/2017: Received NOA1 Hard Copies In The Mail For AOS, EAD, AP

09/19/2017: Biometrics Completed

09/26/2017: USCIS Website Shows "Interview Ready To Be Scheduled By USCIS"

11/20/2017: Received EAD and AP Approval Letters

12/04/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

12/07/2018: Received Text notification AOS interview has been scheduled

01/09/2019: AOS Interview Date - Approved

01/17/2019: Green Card In Hand

ROC Journey

10/11/2020: Petition For ROC Window Opens

10/17/2020: Petition For ROC Mailed To USCIS Phoenix

10/20/2020: Petition For ROC Delivered To USCIS Phoenix

11/04/2020: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/04/2020: Received NOA 1 Text and Email

11/10/2020: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail For ROC

11/12/2020: Online - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

06/22/2021: Online - ROC Approved

07/02/2021: 10 Year Green Card In Hand

Timeline
46 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:
*** Note: Don't panic ****

This is an OLD post that I dug up from facebook group.

Just found it amusing.

Jim

Fil2usa Visa Services

USCIS California service center closed due to "plumbing issues". Maybe they were using the K1 visa petitions as tissue paper, they sure haven't been working on them.

USCIS California Service Center Closed Due to Plumbing Issues

On Monday, March 25, 2013, some customers were notified of delivery delays to the USCIS California Service Center (CSC). The delays were the result of a temporary closure of CSC due to plumbing issues. The CSC will remain closed on Tuesday, March, 26, 2013. Deliveries will resume once CSC reopens. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide updates as they become available.

LOL! That's funny. ??

Good luck to all of you November and late October filers this week - fingers crossed for lots of activity over at CSC, and plenty of good news for you guys. Does anyone else find themselves wishing the weekends away so that the weekday case working can get back in action?!

Here's to an even more productive week at CSC

01/18/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/05/17 - NOA2 (100 days from NOA1)

05/19/17 - NVC received and case number assigned

05/26/17 - Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'

05/30/17 - Medical

05/31/17 - Consulate received 

07/13/17 - Interview, APPROVED!

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

07/22/17 - POE Newark, successful

08/02/17 - Married

08/23/17 - AOS filed (incl. EAD and AP)

08/31/17 - NOA1 date on AOS packet

09/21/17 - Biometrics appt

10/16/17 - Online tracker says 'Ready for Interview'

11/09/17 - EAD and AP approved

11/16/17 - EAD/AP combo card arrived

12/19/17 - Green card interview

12/22/17 - RFE received (medical had been lost)

01/23/18 - Green card in production

Timeline

it's Monday again!!!!! Let's see how the CSC will roll this week :) Goodluck!

11/14/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/17/17 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/22/17 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC - Notice Date

11/26/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Maagiclady said:

I know i told all of you before that I am a November I-130 , but have been following this thread instead because it is active and filed with you all in a similar boat of waiting for NOA2 and getting closer to your loved ones and marriage. 

I am already married and was waiting along with you.  

TODAY  I RECEIVED AN EMAIL OF APPROVAL FOR MY NOA2 !! 

I am hoping this week to see the same announcement from the majority of you ESPECIALLY JIM  ??

Congratulations! Looks like this thread brought you luck ? Wishing to get that lucky notice from USCIS this week to every member of our small community. 

Our case reached Moscow today and status has been changed to READY for the interview. I'm excited and afraid at the same time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all! Got my NOA2 on 1/23 and preparing documents to send to my fiancee as per guide here. How do I pay K1 fees for Department of State? At this point, do we just wait for notification from the embassy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I realize this is a little off-topic, but has anyone tried to take advantage of the RapidVisa's Money Back Guarantee?
I've have been having an extremely unpleasant experience. 

As soon as I realized what they are offering in terms of service, I asked them to refund my initial payment of $163. 

This was  2 weeks or so after initial contact, which is within their 30-day coverage period. Instead, they later charged me $163 twice more!!!!!

I had explained to them, in a letter, that for me personally, their service caused me to delay my K1 petition preparation.

Following further complaints, I did get a refund, but only for one of those $163 payments. Then, I called them again several times, and, my phone calls were always followed by very intimidating messages telling me basically to get lost.

Then, I filed a credit card dispute, and, I've just received an email from them saying that they've referred my case to a collection agency!!!

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

• 01/03/17 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
  • 01/04/17 --- Delivered at Dallas lockbox
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 text and email 
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 date on hard copy notice
  • 04/28/17 --- NOA2 notification
  • 05/16/17 --- NVC received date
  • 05/17/17 --  NVC case # 
  • 05/19/17 --  NVC file on transit
  • 05/22/17 --- Embassy Instructions via email
  • 06/20/17 --- Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ben747 said:

Hi all! Got my NOA2 on 1/23 and preparing documents to send to my fiancee as per guide here. How do I pay K1 fees for Department of State? At this point, do we just wait for notification from the embassy?

Do you mean fee for DS-160 form?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

Do you mean fee for DS-160 form?

Not sure, I was just following the guide and wondering what is the next step after NOA2. What fees comes after that? Other than getting a case#, do we have to do anything else with Department of State?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ben747 said:

Not sure, I was just following the guide and wondering what is the next step after NOA2. What fees comes after that? Other than getting a case#, do we have to do anything else with Department of State?

After the NOA2 you can gather the information needed for the beneficiary such as I-134 form with the supporting documentation ( tax return, letter from your employer showing salary, time of employment their and your in good standing, deposit history from last 12 months signed by a bank officer, and recent pay stubs from your job ). You will need to get that info to your fiancée (e) and they will fill out DS-160 ( believe it is $160 USD ). Can set up medical exam actually before DS-160 and once all that is set can ask for interview appointment from embassy of beneficiary's country

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, ben747 said:

After you got your case # (which will begin with MOS) you can track your case here. When its status changes to READY, it means your documents are in Moscow in the consular. Do not wait anything from them, there is no Packet 3 in Russia.

Please, have you fiancee carefully read this (in Russian). Also, check the US Embassy in Russia web site for the most precise list of required documents https://ru.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/.

You fiancee must fill in the DS-160 form (yes, for non-immigrant visa).

How to pay visa fee  http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-paymentinfo.asp You can do it online using your bank card. Wait till the next working day after you make a payment, then it shows in the system. K1 visa fee is $265.

To schedule her interview your fiancee must register here

And don't forget about her medical exam, information is here (in Russian). Medical fee is $240 (must be paid in RUB in cash during the actual exam).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, kasu06 said:

I realize this is a little off-topic, but has anyone tried to take advantage of the RapidVisa's Money Back Guarantee?
I've have been having an extremely unpleasant experience. 

As soon as I realized what they are offering in terms of service, I asked them to refund my initial payment of $163. 

This was  2 weeks or so after initial contact, which is within their 30-day coverage period. Instead, they later charged me $163 twice more!!!!!

I had explained to them, in a letter, that for me personally, their service caused me to delay my K1 petition preparation.

Following further complaints, I did get a refund, but only for one of those $163 payments. Then, I called them again several times, and, my phone calls were always followed by very intimidating messages telling me basically to get lost.

Then, I filed a credit card dispute, and, I've just received an email from them saying that they've referred my case to a collection agency!!!

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

RapidVisa is a scam company, because of their fishy terms of service... (IMHO) 

One you gave them you credit card # - you're pretty much on the hook. Now to fight back it'll take more effort and time than just giving them those $163...

In comparison hiring attorney to work on your k-1 visa is equivalent to booking flight tickets directly with your airline, while websites such as RapidVisa is equivalent to booking airline tickets cheaper on third party websites.. sure you might not run into any problems, but as soon as you need to change/cancel something their terms/conditions work against you.

Thank God there is VJ which allows you save money by bypassing attorney/RapidVisa headache.

Be cautious.. you still might get charged $163 a few more times... what did their advertising said? Easy 6 payments of $163? (easy meaning for them easy to steal your $$$)

Edited by vogann

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 10-30-2019:  I-751 packet received
  • 12-??-2019:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 01-??-2020:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 03-10-2020:  Biometrics completed
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-28-2020:  Case status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced” 
  • 05-29-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Approved”  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.