JimJesDuma

I-129F November 2016 Filers

3,358 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Chi&Clint said:

I think the gorvement just care about if you pay enough tax for them hehehe. A social brother of me still passed the interview whilst his fiance lost her job for months and she was staying at home taking care of their new born baby. The CO asked him: DId you knwo your fiance doesn't have a job right now? How can she support you while you are there? He said: That's why I need to be there to help her, I will find a job. The CO: You promise me?. He said: I promise. Then the CO approved his visa :) 

That is nice! Sounds like I-134 was not needed in his visa interview.

Was he also able to AOS while the US citizen is not working?

I heard that the intending immigrant's income can be used in I-864. So I suppose if he filed EAD (valid for 90 days) first with a fee as soon as he arrived in the US, then found a job, then filed AOS and another 1-year valid EAD, it is possible. 

Edited by goodlulck52

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, j N j said:

Truer words have never been spoken ;)

Welcome to the thread Jon.

Have you filed the I-129F yet?

If so you might as well fill in your VJ timeline.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=223375

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

It is 8 PM PST yet? How about now? Now? Now? ......now? 

Just need to make sure I did not get approved tonight so I can have another nice long depressing weekend...LOL

Jim

Rooting for you, Jim

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Reboot1 said:

Yup I will be leaving, tentatively, from Vancouver BC on the 24th, NOA2 or not. Don't like these Friday nights without my Filipina LOL.

haha. just up the road from me. Vancouver is a wonderful city in the Summer. Winter...not so much.

you are leaving the day I'm coming back. See you over the ocean then.

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

What? Your fiancee is a Filipina too? ahaha all this time I thought she was Chinese.

I was just in Davao earlier this month.

Enjoyed the Crocodile Farm. Didn't stay for lunch though :D

Jim

Yes,was there too, it was some experience, my first time there.She look Filipino on picture.   

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

haha. just up the road from me. Vancouver is a wonderful city in the Summer. Winter...not so much.

you are leaving the day I'm coming back. See you over the ocean then.

Jim

Reminds me of that old expression....how was it...."two airliners passing in the night"...or maybe that was ships, don't quite remember LOL.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

Welcome to the thread Jon.

Have you filed the I-129F yet?

If so you might as well fill in your VJ timeline.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=223375

Jim

thanks for the welcome..

I havent filed yet, I have my tix to go to PI at the end of April. i will file when I get back..

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Reboot1 said:

Reminds me of that old expression....how was it...."two airliners passing in the night"...or maybe that was ships, don't quite remember LOL.

same difference...LOL

34 minutes ago, goodlulck52 said:

I heard that the intending immigrant's income can be used in I-864. So I suppose if he filed EAD (valid for 90 days) first with a fee as soon as he arrived in the US, then found a job, then filed AOS and another 1-year valid EAD, it is possible. 

That's (generally) inaccurate. The point of the I-864 is to ensure the immigrant will not become a public charge. In order to qualify to be a joint sponsor, you must either be a USC or have worked 40 quarters (10 years) legally within the US.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
27 minutes ago, j N j said:

thanks for the welcome..

I havent filed yet, I have my tix to go to PI at the end of April. i will file when I get back..

Great plan.

Where in the PI is he or she from?

My fiancee is from Negros.

I see you are in Tampa, I used to go to college in Ft. Lauderdale. Your other half will appreciate the warmer weather there.

I assume you know what documents to bring with you to get started on the I-129F.

Bio data forum G-324a and letter of intent to marry for them to sign.

TGIF

Jim

Wow so many marrying Filipinas! Haha. ?

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Enjoy the PI everyone! I haven't been back home in almost a year :(

Missing everything, the traffic in Manila the most! :P

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Hey guys, what if... and please here me out, one night (particularly tonight) , every one on this thread all got NOA2(that's still waiting) wouldn't that be great.. just wouldn't it...aawww weirdly, my fiancé doesn't care if I just packed up and moved to him, but I can't, ????? so he patiently suffers because this is what I want!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.