• The freedom of speech
    • The quality of American products
    • The working environment
    • None of the above
    • All of the above
    • Something else

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What a foreigner likes/dislikes about America has everything to do with how America compares to what he/she left. It's silly to expect foreigners from India to have the same impression of this country as a foreigner from Canada or Germany.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
What a foreigner likes/dislikes about America has everything to do with how America compares to what he/she left. It's silly to expect foreigners from India to have the same impression of this country as a foreigner from Canada or Germany.

Who said that they would have the same impression? B)

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Germany: Sent out oodles of applications for months. Nothing.

America: I have been here 8 days and have already been to three interviews this week. I have a strong feeling I will be offered two of the jobs. The other one I had to turn down.

Gee, let's think about what I like about the US better...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Freedom of speech....................you can never take that for granted. :thumbs:

I did NOT vote for the food................having been to my wife's country of Turkey several times, I can say for certain that I DEFINATELY prefer the food that the Turkish people eat , compared to ours. American food is way too fattening and there are too many "fast food " restaurants. People here in America don't eat as healthy,.....not enough fruits and vegetables . In Turkey, the emphasis on the kinds of food people eat, is the exact opposite.

Once, when I got off a ferry in Istanbul, at the area where they unload passengers, there was a small stand that was serving baked fish sandwiches, and I bought one. They served it with vegetables etc...

I only wish I could find such things so readily available where I live now. Instead, all I see are wall to wall fast food restaurants like Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Arby's.....etc.....

I can only imagine if one were to get off of a ferry in New York, what they would find. Probably a "hot dog" stand, or some other junk food......

There's a reason so many people in this country are not as fit and as healthy as others....................and MUCH of the reason, starts with the kinds of food we eat here.

Edited by MPGGPM

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
I did NOT vote for the food I can only imagine if one were to get off of a ferry in New York, what they would find. Probably a "hot dog" stand, or some other junk food......

There's a reason so many people in this country are not as fit and as healthy as others....................and MUCH of the reason, starts with the kinds of food we eat here.

Excellent point not only the type of Food Americans Eat but the portion sizes are outrageous.

Because America is A wealthy nation we consume more than we truly need. We drive more , walk less, & Are driven or motivated by the mighty $, so therefore spend more time trying to earn enough $ to match our consuming hoarding lifestyles.

Americans live beyond their means, majority of Americans are deeply in debt.

So having to work , work to pay down all that spending, where is the time for exercise?

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

My hubby !!!

07/06/2007 -AOS-EAD mailed

07/08/2007 -AOS-EAD received in chicago ( DAY 1)

07/16/2007 - NOA1 received I-485 + EAD + I-130( DAY 8)

07/18/2007 - Biometrics received Scheduled 08/08/2007 ( DAY 10)

07/30/2007 - Both I-130 + EAD touched ( DAY 22)

08/08/2007 - Biometrics taken me + my daughter ( DAY 31)

08/08/2007 - Both I-485 + EAD touched ( DAY 31)

08/16/2007 - Touched I-765 ( DAY 39)

09/13/2007 - EAD card ordered ! ( DAY 67)

09/24/2007 - EAD card received ! ( DAY 78)

09/29/2007 - got Interview letters in the mail ,interview NOV 20 ( DAY 83)

1.png

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzYmU2luY2UrQU9TK2Fycml2ZWQrYXQrVVNDSVMmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMiYxMCZjJjAmOCY3JjIwMDcmOSY1MiY1NTU4NjkwMDExODc3MTQ2NTkuJw==.gif

Hubby to be :)

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My hubby!!! the people, i've met loads of nice friends here, the food here is good but the portion size is outrageous........reeses peanut butter cups yummmmm (drool) The weather is great but by gawd its way to hot for a wee scot like me to handle.........heat exhaustion so far...been hiding indoors with the a/c running!!

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

most are new to me...the people, culture, food, language and more.

what i like here of course, the reason why im here -- mah husband!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I voted something else, why?

Well, The People, I like people from Brazil better, we're warmer, I think.

The food, I like brazilian food better, actually, I like japanese food best of all, but still, brazilians eat fresher, meatier, nicer.

The cars, I like japanese and european cars better than american ones, but cars in America are cheaper and nicer than in Brazil, so that's a good thing, I guess.

Public transport, have only seen the public transport of Mesa, AZ, and that was inexistent, here in Puerto Rico it's also inexistent and I truly miss how I could get anywhere by myself back home, and here I depend on a car to do it.

The President, ahem, I'll just skip this one, I mean, I don't like my President either.

The freedom of speech, I like to think it's the same as back home, I don't see this whole "Freedom of Speech" as being exclusive of US.

The quality of American products, well, let's face it, american products are now made in China, heck, pretty much the whole world's products are made in China. I dunno what you meant by american products.

The working environment, can't talk about that since I am in PR and unemployed.

So what do I like about US? I like to think that once Luis and I move to Florida we'll have more opportunities.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

swing clubs... :P

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:lol::lol::lol:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Which public transport ??? :P

I like the open space, how huge the country is and the fact that whatever you wear, look like or do, people don't look at you funny!

Oh and yes, the hubster of course! :whistle:

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher