DA BOMB

Just had to share this....

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
I noticed that many airlines have only Mr and MRS as an option. I tried to book my flight to Israel and Elal airline was giving me only these 2 options. Thankfully i found a cheaper flight and didn't have to go through that headache of MRS :)

I can be such a spaz. Well I was kinda on a roll as I tried to purchase the tickets online but since I had to split them up to pay ...I realized I couldnt do that without my son being listed as an adult then paying a higher fare. I was pissed to begin with ...the 1st rep was real great then I got all worked up again after seeing the Mrs. Somebody slap me.

Mrs doesnt always imply marriage. I am very sure the people at the USCIS realize by now that airlines use mrs instead of ms.

It doesnt? I thought thats what it was for.

In wikipedia in says it can also be used as title of respect, as in a unmarried nannie.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all,

Anyone know if fiancee's birth certificate is needed when I submit the K-1 visa application to USCIS?

I checked the VisaJounry K-1 guide and it seems that I only need my birth certificate (or certificate of naturalization). It doesn't say anything about fiancee's birth certificate at all.

I heard fiancee's birth certificate is needed during the interview ONLY. Is that true?

Thanks!

Hormones...always the scapegoat.

Hey...hormones are responsible for *lots* of emotions! ;)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

The entire world is turning into a bureaucracy. Whatever happened to the good ol days when customer service was just that, customer service instead of customer run-around :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
The entire world is turning into a bureaucracy. Whatever happened to the good ol days when customer service was just that, customer service instead of customer run-around :angry:

Customer Service? What's that? Nowadays it's all about how we're inconveniencing them...not the other way around (when *they* are responsible I mean)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline
I noticed that many airlines have only Mr and MRS as an option. I tried to book my flight to Israel and Elal airline was giving me only these 2 options. Thankfully i found a cheaper flight and didn't have to go through that headache of MRS :)

I can be such a spaz. Well I was kinda on a roll as I tried to purchase the tickets online but since I had to split them up to pay ...I realized I couldnt do that without my son being listed as an adult then paying a higher fare. I was pissed to begin with ...the 1st rep was real great then I got all worked up again after seeing the Mrs. Somebody slap me.

Mrs doesnt always imply marriage. I am very sure the people at the USCIS realize by now that airlines use mrs instead of ms.

In wikipedia in says it can also be used as title of respect, as in a unmarried nannie.

Then im stupid. Where were you before I bought the damn tickets??!! (Hormone bomb heading your way)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Don't get me wrong it USUALLY implies marriage, but at the same time im' not sure one can 100% know that someone is married from it. Plus you have to think the people at immigration must have seen that the airline only have a MRS or MR selection by now.

Then im stupid. Where were you before I bought the damn tickets??!! (Hormone bomb heading your way)

Filed: Timeline

Customer Service? What's that? Nowadays it's all about how we're inconveniencing them...not the other way around (when *they* are responsible I mean)

I normally pride myself on getting the most out of customer service...I hate the runaround...my fiance on the other hand drives me nuts. He's so laid back and accepts what they tell him as the final answer. Oh hell no! Gimme that phone!

Edited by MRS BILLY BONG

That is crazy! Usually BA is fairly good with the customer service... I know what you mean about 1st, I always fly dressed up hoping I'll get bumped up, ya doesnt work :) I had a dream the other night about a flight to the UK that was SO nice, all 1st class, super cheap, great service, free booze, the works! Go fly my dream airline, they're great ;)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline

I normally pride myself on getting the most out of customer service...I hate the runaround...my fiance on the other hand drives me nuts. He's so laid back and accepts what they tell him as the final answer. Oh hell no! Gimme that phone!

LOL, my adorable husband is the same way! He knows not to let me have the phone....I *will* find a way to get satisfaction. Towanda comes out sometimes, when necessary. ;)

(Towanda....character from the move Fried Green Tomatoes)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
So I booked my tickets yesterday for another trip to Scotland before I'm too big to fly. Well after arguing on the phone with the British Airways rep I finally got her to let me pay for 3 tickets with two credit cards. (Sounds easy doesnt it? NOT) Ok ...so I jump on ba.com to check out my itineraries and wouldnt ya know it they put me down as a "Mrs". :angry: Now I'm sure this is no biggy but I'm using this itinerary and ticket stubs as proof of ongoing relationship at the interview and even though its a simple typo I freaked out, called BA and sat on hold for 45 minutes just to keep the sky from falling. When the new rep told me it would take 48 hours to change the stupid typo I copped an attitude with her and asked her to send me email confirmation of the intended change. (document document ARGH!!) People...I seriously think Im losing my mind over this visa process!! I need to get a grip.

Oh dear, my friend works for an airline and she told me that if you are very nice and sweet, the airline workers will help you. She said they will go out of their way as long as the customer is nice and doesn't cop an attitude. She told me if someone gets snotty or belligerent that they, (the airline workers) will not help at all and sometimes will mess you up. She said it is not only her airline but all the airlines are like that. So my advice is to stay calm through it all, pour it on thick, (even though you'd rather tell them to go to #!#@) and hope that they will be helpful.

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

2006 Lived together in US for 6 mos

Jan 2007 -got engaged

2007 Living together until April

March 19, 2007 -sent I129-f

March 20, 2007 -package received at CSC stamped"USCIS RECEIVED"

March 26, 2007 - NOA1 approved

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

June 27, 2007- NVC forwarded packet to Denmark

January 10, 2008-Interview at the Embassy

January 18, 2008-Visa Approved

February 14, 2008-Got married in Texas

March 2008- received SSN

April 2008-ASC/Biometrics Appt.

April 2008-Notice that case was transferred to CSC

May 2008-received EAD

November I485 Approved-Permanent Resident Card will be here in 3 weeks!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Oh dear, my friend works for an airline and she told me that if you are very nice and sweet, the airline workers will help you. She said they will go out of their way as long as the customer is nice and doesn't cop an attitude. She told me if someone gets snotty or belligerent that they, (the airline workers) will not help at all and sometimes will mess you up. She said it is not only her airline but all the airlines are like that. So my advice is to stay calm through it all, pour it on thick, (even though you'd rather tell them to go to #!#@) and hope that they will be helpful.

This is absolutely correct! Being nice goes a long ways! Throwing down the attitude doesn't do a bit of good. As having 2 businesses myself, I do not put up with anyone's attitude. I don't believe in "the customer is always right". It's too bad that people still believe in that mumbo-jumbo phrase. :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Timeline

Ah, but what do you do when THEY cop an attitude with you first? That has happened to me before, totally uncalled for and believe me...my southern belle status went out the window on that one. If they want sweetness and kind words, they damn well better give the same in return. After all, it's my money for the ticket that in some way pays their salary.

Timeline
Ah, but what do you do when THEY cop an attitude with you first? That has happened to me before, totally uncalled for and believe me...my southern belle status went out the window on that one. If they want sweetness and kind words, they damn well better give the same in return. After all, it's my money for the ticket that in some way pays their salary.

If a worker starts off with an attitude with you at first, call him on it and ask him why before you decide to unload on him. Better yet, say to him, "I'm fine today. How are you?" He may be having a bad day. He may have just soiled himself, someone probably gave him a bad time on the phone, etc., and his esteem could be pretty low at the moment. We never know what another person is feeling when we can't look them in the eye. Maybe just by asking him something simple, it will break the rudeness and they will respond better to you. I know it works for me! ;)

If it continues, go right over his head to a supervisor or CEO. Grab the employee's name if you can to report it. ####### does roll downhill.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hormones or not, thanks for the Laugh! Enjoy your trip and your visit. Just r-e-l-a-x. That is what life is all about (Im seriously just telling lies here since you are..uimmm hormonal....I never relax...but for you.....r-e-l-a-x... :whistle:

Bobbie

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Timeline

Hey Miss BB...Since you're going to Scotland. Could you do me a favor and take something for me? I need my Bay City Rollers CD signed! S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NITE! :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina