devistatedwife

US Citizen wife possible victim of marriage fraud

89 posts in this topic

I disagree with this point alone. I actually spoke to my now husband on Skype when he was in Denmark for 5+ hours a day. We still talk for hours a day because we like to talk. :thumbs: I actually think the less time spent talking is usually a red flag.

To me there is a diffrence on texting all day, than skyping for 10 hours a day! But with him in grad school, and me working two jobs, I do not have 5 hours a day to do anything! And getting off work at 2am his time, it makes it impossible to have 5 hours!

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

To me there is a diffrence on texting all day, than skyping for 10 hours a day! But with him in grad school, and me working two jobs, I do not have 5 hours a day to do anything! And getting off work at 2am his time, it makes it impossible to have 5 hours!

The point was that you said being on skype so long is a red flag.

Many couples prepare meals, eat and sleep with skype on and that is a good thing.

If you both don't have the time then you don't have the time which is different.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

We managed to find a lot of time just based on our schedules and doing stuff together on skype. I clearly recall even cleaning the bathroom on skype! We still do a lot of stuff together and our dining room and kitchen are a central hub of talking and family time because I often am spending a lot of time in there when we are all together. My husband used to leave for work in Denmark super early in the morning and get back in the afternoon, so it was a more feasible schedule. Sometimes I think we have less time together now because he gets home a little later, we have a house to work on, another kid, and his volunteer stuff.

The point was that you said being on skype so long is a red flag.

Many couples prepare meals, eat and sleep with skype on and that is a good thing.

If you both don't have the time then you don't have the time which is different.

This. Often it is the a red flag as in the scammer can't speak on Skype because maybe they've got a secret family or are stringing several foreigners at the same time. That isn't always the case, but you'll see a lot of marriage fraud cases in which the couple spent little time video calling each other.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Personally I hate phones, video and Skype, my fiance tried but with me mostly works better writing and I do write a lot, he tries to be in Facebook chat with me lots of time, I know his internet is not always working and it's slow too, I don't know how he manages to be with me but he does yet it's never enough for me, lol

So each case is different. I visited my fiance 4 times but there are some people visiting just once, short words and small communication yet they stay in the marriage for life. It all depends how serious and responsible we are about the marriage. My main worries now is my fiance arriving and me trying to be very nice and supportive to him in the new life and country for him as well to make him feel free as for a man is not easy to be dependent.

What I see it's the thing of 2, nothing is a red flag if there is a good will and honesty

Tasha

Timeline

What you've described in your husband's behavior are the exact definitions of a narcissist/sociopath. They do have split personalities. They start with the nice & loving personality to manipulate people into doing what they want, then when the victim catches on and stops giving in, out comes the evil twin. They can flip it on & off like a light switch. There is no cure for sociopathy/narcissism, it is a mental disorder and no amount of counseling will ever change it. The best thing anyone can do when they realize they are the victim of a sociopath is to get as far away from that person as soon as you can. It is hard to let go of someone you love, but you need to take care of yourself and your children first and foremost.

Good luck to you.

Correction NPD or Narcs, it is not mental illness, It is a personality disorder. Yes it's sociopathic in nature but it comes from the way a child was socialized as a child. There is no pill cure, it is very, very hard to treat. If the person is in denial and unwilling there is no cure but if they are willing then there is a treatment that has been effective it's Psychotheraphy. But this is no light thing that a non professional can help with. I agree getting far away as possible is best.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Main thing is: protect yourself and your children. Don't make the mistake of talking to this man again, thinking he's going to change. He won't.

I know you have an Order of Protection, but somebody who would say things like that isn't going to care, so be vigilant about your and your children's safety.

If you're too nervous to call the FBI, at least try to talk to someone at the police department, and ask for help beyond the Protection order. We read stories in the news about things like this all the time, so we certainly don't want you or your kids to be one more horrible story in the news. Get help. Right away.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Timeline

Correction NPD or Narcs, it is not mental illness, It is a personality disorder. Yes it's sociopathic in nature but it comes from the way a child was socialized as a child. There is no pill cure, it is very, very hard to treat. If the person is in denial and unwilling there is no cure but if they are willing then there is a treatment that has been effective it's Psychotheraphy. But this is no light thing that a non professional can help with. I agree getting far away as possible is best.

It's part of the Cluster B Personality Disorders. You are correct, it's not a mental illness and it's only treatable if the person willingly commits to psychotherapy. Medication doesn't work. All too often once a person gets into therapy when pressured to change or face themselves they turn on the therapist and/or quit therapy. A lot of professionals won't even take on a personality disorder patient. My ex wife was a combination of Histrionic, Borderline and Narcissistic in that order of degree of level. She will never change. As many have said, he is not the person you think he is. The man you fell in love with was never there to begin with. He only showed you that personality to get what he wanted. Many times I said to my ex. "You are not the person you think you are" not knowing that she had a personality disorder until much later.

Hello. Here's my situation. Met my husband on facebook, I saw him and sent a him friend request. After a few months we started chatting. After a few days he proposed to me, and i accepted after about a week of persistence, and meeting him on skype.

Is that right? He proposed to you after only a few days of chatting online?

Thanks for all the opinions. I have taken them into consideration. Don't worry I've taken care of this problem he's already returned home & wont be coming back!!! You can close this thread now. I am in counselling and working on my recovery from this sad situation. Thanks again everyone!

You need to inform the authorities immediately if he is making bomb threats.

I agree. He never made bomb threats he was just joking but I thought it wasn't funny. Don't worry he is back home now & will be sending me divorce papers. I am getting couseling and taking time for myself, I'm really not in the mood to move on right now. I need to heal from this emotional hell. Thanks for everyone's support! This thread can close now.

Thanks for all the opinions. I have taken them into consideration. Don't worry I've taken care of this problem he's already returned home & wont be coming back!!! You can close this thread now. I am in counselling and working on my recovery from this sad situation. Thanks again everyone!

So sorry you had to go through this, but happy you're taking care of yourself now. Sending lots of love and positive energy to you. All the best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread closed as requested by the OP.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.