Captain Ewok

This forum is for Case Filing, Progress Reports & and Congrats Posts :)

76 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pleased to annouce today the arrival of my wife and son' s I-797, Permanent Residency, Employment Authorization, and Travel NOA documents. We sent the AOS documents Nov 9, 2009 and received the good news 11 days later. Now it's on to the biometrics, followed by work authorization and permanent residency. Looking at other posted timetables I hope we're done before January. No idea about the interview at this point.

I have to admit that I botched the orginal AOS documents so bad I ran back to FedEx hours later and found the package before it was sent. I spent another week and had an attorney check everything and then resent it all. Glad I double checked myself. Its not worth an RFE or redo.

Our journey started on CherryBlossoms.com over two years ago, and from Butuan City, Philippines to Minneapolis it was a long and difficult journey!

Good luck everyone!

Thanks VJ

• 1 month later...
To help organize the K-1 Forum this new sub-forum was created to give a people a place where they can share their story and Journey along the way to getting their K-1 Visa. :)

very new here,We've just sent our K1 packet last December 24 2009 right before Christmass,upon checking USPS it was received at CSC last December 28 2009,patiently waiting for NOA1 to arrive through mail,we are both praying for positive response and good things to happen as the new year start.Good luck and God bless to all of us...

THANK YOU SO MUCH OUR GOD ALMIGHTY FOR EVERYTHING ,WE PRAY UNTO YOU WITH YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST AND MARY OUR MOST LOVING MOTHER.PRAISE GOD...

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline
To help organize the K-1 Forum this new sub-forum was created to give a people a place where they can share their story and Journey along the way to getting their K-1 Visa. :)

Captain I have a question.My future wife and I want to marry in the u.s.a she is from the Philippines I was told to go K-1.How do I start the K-1 and where do I go to get the forms.In other words how do I start this all and what will we both need..Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Captain I have a question.My future wife and I want to marry in the u.s.a she is from the Philippines I was told to go K-1.How do I start the K-1 and where do I go to get the forms.In other words how do I start this all and what will we both need..Thanks

im not the captain but at the top of this see example forms? there is everything and all the information you need.....u can also go to the Philippine thread for more detailed explanation of what you need for your fiances country........good luck on your visa journey may it be swift and problem free

sara

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys (sorry for my English, this is not my first language)

I just get done with all the paperwork for the K-1 fiancée form and My interview date in Montreal is the 19 of May. In the documents to bring overthere, it say to make a copy of everything. I did make one for police certificate, passport, alls de forms and birth certificate. Do I really need to make a copy of the evidence of support (all the taxe paper)?

Tank you :)

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi was an ofw from kuwait for 7 years.i stayed for a year now in philippines coz i study.and now my fiancee wants to get me from here thru applying fiancee visa.one of the requirements is to have police certificate but the police certificates in kuwait are available only to persons physically present in the country who apply in person.what should i do?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

uscis:APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the happy dance!!!!!!:dance: Less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa and Edgar's timeline:

10.10.09- Met fiance in Barcelona

01.15.10- He visited in Tampa for 9 days

04.01.10- Trip to Barcelona for 10 days

05.28.10- Sent I-129F to VSC

06.02.10- Received I-129F

06.07.10- NOA1 dated

06.09.10- Check cashed

06.11.10- Received hardcopy NOA1

06.11.10- "touched"

06.28.10- "touched"

06.28.10- APPROVED!!!! confirmation via email and sms

07.01.10- received by NVC

07.02.10- received hardcopy NOA2

07.07.10- packet left NVC for Madrid!

07.12.10- Madrid received petition

07.29.10- received packet 3 finally!

07.31.10- Visit in Tampa for 23 days!

10.13.10- INTERVIEW!! PASSED :)

11.24.10- POE!

12.11.10- MARRIED in Kauai!!!!

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hello all - n00b here.

I am curious about this; I notice many of you got your Noa1 and 2'd very fast, like weeks after filing the I-129f. I filed mine on July 19 and just received my "notice of delivery receipt" dated July 30. How did you all get so lucky?

I think that it depends onthe country of your fiance and how organized your paperwork was and if you included everything needed. Also, if you had a lawyer do it, maybe they didnt send it in as fast as you thought.

Good luck!

-Jamie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My Fiance is planning to drop off his requested forms from the check list on Monday September 6. Does anyone know how long it will take after that before he gets an interview? He went for the medical today and will have the sealed medical info in one week?

K1 Visa

Service Center :Vermont Service Center

Consulate :Haiti

I-129F Sent :2010-06-04

I-129F NOA1 :2010-06-12

I-129F NOA2 :2010-07-02

NVC Received :2010-07-06

NVC Left :2010-07-23

Consulate Received :2010-08-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-08-31

Packet 3 Sent :2010-09-15-10

Packet 4 Received : 9/28/10

Interview Date : 10/07/10

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 10/16/10

US Entry : 10/19/10

Marriage : 10/30/10

Comments : HAPPY...HAPPY...HAPPY

Processing: 4 Months and 2 Weeks (What is your Country's Processing time?)

Estimates/Stats :My I-129f was approved in 20 days from your NOA1 date.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How come all you guys are so easy going? I am very frustrated about the length of time they have been taking on my visa. Well, over 140 days, is just making me itchy all over. Not even a request for further evidence. June 15 is the date of the first notice, not a thing since.

thanks, just needed to vent.

Jim

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How come all you guys are so easy going? I am very frustrated about the length of time they have been taking on my visa. Well, over 140 days, is just making me itchy all over. Not even a request for further evidence. June 15 is the date of the first notice, not a thing since.

thanks, just needed to vent.

Jim

Don't just feel frustrated. Do something. On December 15, their time is UP. On THAT day, call them. Ask to speak to am immigration officer. Write to your Congress member and both Senators. Stand up for your rights as an American citizen.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I checked my mail and OMG there it was our NOA2 !!!!!!

Want to talk about the best X-Mas present ever I almost started to dance LOL

Best Wishes to everyone and hope you get this good news for X-Mas !!

There was no updates or email to let me know in advance it is dated for

Dec. 15th

• 1 year later...

Can I ask what is the service center of Indiana filers?

Thank in advance for the response.

I am just wondering because we sent the packet to Texas so I would like to make sure what's our service center. :(

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry I am new at this and need help. I met a woman in Jamaica while on vacation in 2009. I spent the rest of my vacation with her and then came back a month later for her birthday. In June 2009 we filed for a simple visitors visa for her and she was denied on the basis on one question about a person she does not know. Now, after both of us giving up and dating other people realize there is only one person for us. We have rekindled and yet never lost touch with each other and want to be together.

People have told me to come to Jamaica and marry her and that it's easier to get her here in the US than to try and bring her her and marry her in the US. Any opinions? Please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.