Captain Ewok

This forum is for Case Filing, Progress Reports & and Congrats Posts :)

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
We have our interview date. March 24th!!! WOOO!!!! :dance:

OI AMIGA,,, BARABENS.... O MEU TIMELINE E QUASE IGUAL O SEU SO Q EU MANDEI PRO NVC..E ATE AGORA NADA DE NOA 2 ....VI Q SUA ENTREVISTA NO RIO DE JANEIRO ESTA PRA MRAÇO ..PODERIA POR FAVOR ME DAR ALGUMA NOTICIA DE COMO FOI QUANDO ACONTECER??????????OBRIGADA E SUCESSUSSSS ...JESUS DE ABENÇOE..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

OI AMIGA,,, BARABENS.... O MEU TIMELINE E QUASE IGUAL O SEU SO Q EU MANDEI PRO NVC..E ATE AGORA NADA DE NOA 2 ....VI Q SUA ENTREVISTA NO RIO DE JANEIRO ESTA PRA MRAÇO ..PODERIA POR FAVOR ME DAR ALGUMA NOTICIA DE COMO FOI QUANDO ACONTECER??????????OBRIGADA E SUCESSUSSSS ...JESUS DE ABENÇOE..

Wow, I am so happy for your...I sent ours out the end of Sept. 08 got a receipt date of Oct. 08 and nothing there after! Congrats :thumbs:

Carmen Guillet

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, I am so happy for your...I sent ours out the end of Sept. 08 got a receipt date of Oct. 08 and nothing there after! Congrats :thumbs:

Hi!

I'm new here and I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Me and my fiance applied for the K1 visa too last December 30, 2008 and we got our NOA1 last January 5, 2009. I just have a question, I'm not sure if you've encountered this already. I live in the Philippines and I have two copies of my birth certificate. I only found out this last January too when I try to get it from the Census coz I was trying to have my papers ready when we get approved. I've been using this late registered birth cert for 25 years and when I try to get another copy, they gave me a different one (which they said was the original and I have to use) which has a different birth place. I already have a passport which has "Caloocan" as a birth place and the one we submitted for the K1 has "Caloocan" info too. But the original birth cert has "MANILA" and I'm trying to fix it now coz they wont give me the late birth cert anymore which has "Caloocan". My question is, will this affect our application? Will this be ground for denial? I'm thinking if ever we get approved and I have to go to the US Embassy here in the Phil, I have to change my passport info and present a copy of my birth cert which has "MANILA". Please help. :( Your replies will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
To help organize the K-1 Forum this new sub-forum was created to give a people a place where they can share their story and Journey along the way to getting their K-1 Visa. :)

Hi Captain Ewok,

My fiance has submitted the I-129 form on Feb 2nd 09 and received NOA 1 on Feb 10th.I would like to visit him with my tourist visa in June for 10 days.Would that be a problem for the process of the visa?

Thank you.

Cheers!!!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi, getting ready to file petition to bring my fiance from england, and as i understand from this site the support documents are better not filed with the initial petition

My real question is that i am monetarily pretty poor, haven't filed taxes for several years, and my only real possession is 30 acres in VA where i live and am building gardens and a healing center

I have met a wonderful woman who lives in England, can easily support herself, and for some reason i don't understand, but am grateful for(some might call it love, fate, karma), has decided to sell her house and come here to live with me. We are totally together in our habits and beliefs, and i have no doubt we can make a wonderful life together

she has visited my land, living my primitive lifestyle for a month, and i recently returned from living with her for ten weeks

like i said, she can easily support herself, but my assets would never pass muster(although i would never take government aid), how much of a hassle is this going to be and what hoops will we have to jump through when she goes for the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, getting ready to file petition to bring my fiance from england, and as i understand from this site the support documents are better not filed with the initial petition

My real question is that i am monetarily pretty poor, haven't filed taxes for several years, and my only real possession is 30 acres in VA where i live and am building gardens and a healing center

I have met a wonderful woman who lives in England, can easily support herself, and for some reason i don't understand, but am grateful for(some might call it love, fate, karma), has decided to sell her house and come here to live with me. We are totally together in our habits and beliefs, and i have no doubt we can make a wonderful life together

she has visited my land, living my primitive lifestyle for a month, and i recently returned from living with her for ten weeks

like i said, she can easily support herself, but my assets would never pass muster(although i would never take government aid), how much of a hassle is this going to be and what hoops will we have to jump through when she goes for the interview?

probably never get a k1 visa for her unless you can get someone to co-sponsor for you.dont aplly for gov assis,,that would kill youre chances,,if no co-sponsor you would probably have to get married first then apply for the marriage visa,,good luck

Timeline

probably never get a k1 visa for her unless you can get someone to co-sponsor for you.dont aplly for gov assis,,that would kill youre chances,,if no co-sponsor you would probably have to get married first then apply for the marriage visa,,good luck

I'm really looking for comments from someone with direct experience--obviously an alien with no personal wealth is not a candidate without support here, but this woman can easily finance both her, her daughter and me, what is the difference if the money is in my account or hers?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm really looking for comments from someone with direct experience--obviously an alien with no personal wealth is not a candidate without support here, but this woman can easily finance both her, her daughter and me, what is the difference if the money is in my account or hers?

to them it will make a difference, as the rules state you must make 125% of the poverty limit for the household of your size to be able to bring her. Your option really is to get a co-sponsor, because even being married you still need to prove that income, they are picky on that one. If you have someone who makes above the limit for your household size and is willing to co-sponsor, it doesnt matter how much you make, but as far as I know its the only way this would work.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

to them it will make a difference, as the rules state you must make 125% of the poverty limit for the household of your size to be able to bring her. Your option really is to get a co-sponsor, because even being married you still need to prove that income, they are picky on that one. If you have someone who makes above the limit for your household size and is willing to co-sponsor, it doesnt matter how much you make, but as far as I know its the only way this would work.

i want to thank you for your inputs, i didn't want to state amounts, but if she was moving here with say several hundred thousand dollars do you think the support issue from my end might be waived? i have land and gardens that i own free and clear worth about 100k$, as well as some minimal income, but as far as making 20k$ a year, i just don't have it, my mother's retired and my brother's getting out of the construction business(we all know what housing starts have been like recently) and i would really like to find someone who has had to negotiate this challenge without the use of a cosponsor --oh, i believe the 125% rule applies to the 834, the 134 is just 100% of poverty, 134 is filed with k1, 834 filed after marriage for conditional residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They won't wave the financial responsibility without a sponsor, doesnt matter how much she can make or how much she moves with, the financial end is excluding her assets. And while the minimum is 100% for k1, some consulates look for the 125% then anyway, and even if you dont have to have that now, if you dont have the support in place for the AoS, she won't get her conditional. I don't believe I have seen a successful applicant who has gone ahead with little income and no sponsor, but if you want to see if someone has its probably better to post this question in the main k1 forum under its own topic, as most people don't read the stickies other than for the information in the first couple posts. Good luck to you!

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.