onofre

Nebraska CS to California...How bad is it?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, like a family, we get annoyed and snap at our younger brothers and sisters too - so that seems like a pretty accurate analogy :)

I would be happy if people read the guides after first reading the INSTRUCTIONS provided by the government on the actual forms!!!! Even if they are sometimes confusing, some careful reading and staying calm help a lot in knowing what kind of questions to ask here.

The OP here asked a question that isn't going to come up on the instruction forms. But I think people still react based on sifting through lots of questions that are.

We're just all a bunch of stress-cases, right?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
You guys take this forum thing way too serious :blink: Maybe some day i'll be helping out a new Vj member who is worried about his/her K1 and answering some "dumb" questions but it will never annoy me in such way like some people. This site is for a specific purpose: to help others, just like it says under VisaJoruney.com "YOUR FAMILY IMMIGRATION COMMUNITY" i cant imagine when a family member asks you for help, lol!

You should be taking it serious as well. That's the point of it all! If you don't want to take this life-changing situation seriously, then why bother trying to bring your fiancee here? Is she not worth it? Is this not a serious enough situation for you and her? I saw you yesterday trying to help a new VJ member. I complimented you on it.

The only annoyance with the questions is that if you had taken the time to read any of the helpful information on this site, you wouldn't have to post the same question 3 times in 1 hour, "How much is the fee again?". All the threads you have started, we can all see and read right in your member profile. I've started 3 threads since joining here. It was to ask questions about things the guides did not cover. That was about self-employment for my situation. Yes, this site has a specific purpose to help others. But does this site have the specific purpose for everyone to provide answers to almost every question on the forms for another person? We are a community here. When we see someone is not trying to shortcut every little thing and they ask a question, people here are more than happy to help out.

Listen, I thought it would help you out having a little motivation. I can't give to you what you don't want. Take the shorter path if it suits you. Best of luck! :wacko:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Well said then :thumbs: and my apology. I guess I had some kind of flash back when old timers snapped at me because I "annoyed" them and to think it was my first and only time to post back then. :lol: After that, I followed their rules "READ THE GUIDES" and learned and now, kind of giving out advices to those who are somewhat "lost" with the whole thing.

Peace! :luv:

Mae

Bingo! I couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbs:

No need for apologies. Maybe this guy will see what you've written and it will give him inspiration to do the same :yes:

You guys take this forum thing way too serious :blink: Maybe some day i'll be helping out a new Vj member who is worried about his/her K1 and answering some "dumb" questions but it will never annoy me in such way like some people. This site is for a specific purpose: to help others, just like it says under VisaJoruney.com "YOUR FAMILY IMMIGRATION COMMUNITY" i cant imagine when a family member asks you for help, lol!

There, there... don't take as seriously as well. I was just saying that when I was a first timer here, old timers snapped at me because I posted a "dumb" question without reading the GUIDES. When I read your post and thought altimixdj was kind of "harsh" to you, I suddenly remembered when I was in your position. VJ is indeed a community of helpful people but you will still need to do some reading and exploring to learn more about VISA journey.

You will be fine! Just keep it cool! :thumbs: And good luck with your own life's journey!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline
There, there... don't take as seriously as well. I was just saying that when I was a first timer here, old timers snapped at me because I posted a "dumb" question without reading the GUIDES. When I read your post and thought altimixdj was kind of "harsh" to you, I suddenly remembered when I was in your position. VJ is indeed a community of helpful people but you will still need to do some reading and exploring to learn more about VISA journey.

You will be fine! Just keep it cool! :thumbs: And good luck with your own life's journey!

Mae

Hi Mae,

You may as well save some energy typing out psalms of inspirational visa forum advice on this one. Reading everything and understanding the responses, I've come to understand one clear, universal truth. You can show a child what toilet is and how to use it. But it's up to the child if they want to remain in the diaper or not. There are other analogies. But you get the point. ;)

I am just going to let the dude be and watch how other people are going to respond to questions he will ask. :D

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You should be taking it serious as well. That's the point of it all! If you don't want to take this life-changing situation seriously, then why bother trying to bring your fiancee here? Is she not worth it? Is this not a serious enough situation for you and her? I saw you yesterday trying to help a new VJ member. I complimented you on it.

The only annoyance with the questions is that if you had taken the time to read any of the helpful information on this site, you wouldn't have to post the same question 3 times in 1 hour, "How much is the fee again?". All the threads you have started, we can all see and read right in your member profile. I've started 3 threads since joining here. It was to ask questions about things the guides did not cover. That was about self-employment for my situation. Yes, this site has a specific purpose to help others. But does this site have the specific purpose for everyone to provide answers to almost every question on the forms for another person? We are a community here. When we see someone is not trying to shortcut every little thing and they ask a question, people here are more than happy to help out.

Listen, I thought it would help you out having a little motivation. I can't give to you what you don't want. Take the shorter path if it suits you. Best of luck! :wacko:

Thats ok, no hard feelings here, we're all in the same position here looking for the same thing. When I said that "taking this too serious" I meant about posting and replying questions and not about the K-1 process, of course she's worth it. Just to be too harsh to others and if its really a dumb question, then dont answer it, let someone else do it that way you feel that you gave someone a lesson for not investigating enough and go on and asnwer a more "intelligent" question. Good luck to you and to all of those who are filling.

12913.gif

ONOFRE

15262.gif

MARIA

----------------------------

3/26/07 I-129F Mailed to Nebraska Service Center

3/30/07 I-129F Fowared and recived in California SC.

4/03/07 First NOA mailed...(good start)

4/04/07 $170.00 check cashed :-(

4/05/07 Touched

6/21/07 DAMIT, TOUCH ME, SLAP ME, DO SOMETHING (DAY 82!)

6/27/07 Approved!!!!!!! (email of NOA2) Not even a touch?? Who cares now!

6/29/07 "Touched" hmmm...

7/15/07 Fiancee packet arrives (gathering documents for the trip)

10/16/07 Flight to El Paso, TX and on to Juarez for interview!!!!!!!!!!

10/18/07 VISA IN HAND!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO!

01/13/08 Point of entry for my fiancee

02/02/08 Married at City Hall

02/09/09 AOS package send Express Mail

02/10/09 AOS package received and signed.

02/17/09 NOA reciepts

02/23/09 NOA about March 3, 2009 Biometrics

02/28/09 FRE!!!! :(

03/06/09 Biometrics completed

03/30/09 Responded to RFE next day air to Lee's Summit, MO.

04/25/09 AP and EAD card arrives

07/10/09 Interview letter arrives for 8/19/09

08/09/09 AP letter used to re-enter the U.S.

08/19/09 Interview completed. Results in two weeks. ( I think we got it)

08/24/09 Letter in the mail stating Interview Approved. Welcome to the United States!

Timeline
Thats ok, no hard feelings here, we're all in the same position here looking for the same thing. When I said that "taking this too serious" I meant about posting and replying questions and not about the K-1 process, of course she's worth it. Just to be too harsh to others and if its really a dumb question, then dont answer it, let someone else do it that way you feel that you gave someone a lesson for not investigating enough and go on and asnwer a more "intelligent" question. Good luck to you and to all of those who are filling.

None of us here ever used the word "dumb". Never did any of us say you were asking dumb questions. Nor did we ever call you dumb. :unsure:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.