Laurel0708

Did You Get The TLC Casting Call?

76 posts in this topic

My Husband and I would totally have done something like this, but going through CR1 makes us not valid.... but at the same time, yea, its a LOT of lack of privacy. And I feel like they always cast 1 or 2 couples as "Obvious" marriage scams (If it is true or not, I do not know...but this season the Moroccan guy and the russian bride). Where I wish they knew how much pressure and drama it really is to hold and have a relationship in another country, and deal with a new culture.

But to each his own!

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I've only seen this show a few times to satisfy my curiosity on what they were going to show. At one point, I found myself "talking to the TV" quoting processes, procedures and immigration laws.

I simply could not deal with the amount of misinformation they were spreading, starting with giving the audience a definition of a K1 as a tryout visa. Between that and the couples with, not red flags but, bright red neon signs of doomed relationships and trainwrecks.... I just could not take it.

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes, but this show hurt their chances when immigration saw the show / i am sure they also read some posts on here and make judgements before interviews

anyway i felt so sorry for this girl as her bf should have informed her since you are suppose to know all about each other and adjust to the other's culture

yes, but this show hurt their chances when immigration saw the show / i am sure they also read some posts on here and make judgements before interviews

anyway i felt so sorry for this girl as her bf should have informed her since you are suppose to know all about each other and adjust to the other's culture

That Mohammad still managed to get his 2 year conditional green card!

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He has repeatedly told her she doesn't listen. She doesn't seem to care it doesn't seem of importance to her.

Then again it could all be scripted an edited that way. Your images in their hands

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My girl is over the moon about the possibility. For me, it supercharges my desire to continue lose weight and work out. For her, it makes her more eager to gain fluency in English. She has been dragging her feet on English lessons. She finally took the placement test today. She showed me the results and she will be surprised about how much she still needs to learn.

The release is pretty comprehensive and worries me a little. It is like anything we say can be used against us in the court of public opinion. I think the positives for us out weight the negatives.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My girl is over the moon about the possibility.

Got to ask yourself why that is the case. Does she want to be a model too?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Yea this amazed me too!! Though i am kinda happy TLC is showing the aftermath of the situation now. Not all of these relationships are legit! I am surprised the new russian girl on this season was approved. Asking for a 10k allowance...cheese and rice Edited by BethyWink

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Timeline

How could it hurt their chances that way. Know they didn't get the visa but the show is taped a while ago and you wrote they saw it and then it hurt their chances it just started on tv a month ago.

My girl is over the moon about the possibility. For me, it supercharges my desire to continue lose weight and work out. For her, it makes her more eager to gain fluency in English. She has been dragging her feet on English lessons. She finally took the placement test today. She showed me the results and she will be surprised about how much she still needs to learn.

The release is pretty comprehensive and worries me a little. It is like anything we say can be used against us in the court of public opinion. I think the positives for us out weight the negatives.

Your age gap of 31 years will be the main selling point for the show ! Go for it!

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Well he was still with her when he got it and no interview so pretty "easy" it's the ROC I'm more interested to see if he gets!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Got to ask yourself why that is the case. Does she want to be a model too?

Or maybe she wants to develop a group of fanboys she can call on when she is ready to dump me. I think it is because she, unlike me, has dreamed about being on TV.

Gorgeous, but not the model type.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They always have certain types they are looking for. Ironic they wanted us .... JA man with a white female. Then I see Melanie and Devar ?

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

They always have certain types they are looking for. Ironic they wanted us .... JA man with a white female. Then I see Melanie and Devar ?

Aww man you could have been them! Lol

I haven't seen a couple remotely resembling my husband and I yet. Western European who had 2 dozen visits in a 7 year relationship. And my family met daniel at the very beginning.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

After going through the process and see the end result, I think the show is very unrealistic and to sign away your rights for $500 an episode is not worth it. They don't show the foreign spouse sitting in the house waiting for their ead combo card and being a pain in the ### in the process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.