andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, EmpressBab said:

My i-485 hasn't even changed from fingerprint fee received. I just want the EAD in hand. I know my field office is 8 months backlogged so I'm not even worried

My field office is backlog by about 4 or 5 months and I see persons with field offices 3 months behind my field office getting interview notice. I don't think the information given on the website is accurate.

PD:10/21/2016

NOA1:11/7/2016

Hardcopy NOA:11/10/2016

Biometrics Notice:11/12/2016

Biometrics App:11/22/2016

I485 Status update: As of December 5 we are ready to schedule your I485 for interview....

I130:Case Received

I765: 1/17/2017, New card is being produced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Venice1012 said:

My field office is backlog by about 4 or 5 months and I see persons with field offices 3 months behind my field office getting interview notice. I don't think the information given on the website is accurate.

They always say every case is different though. I have a friend here who had to wait 9 months from her PD to do her Interview. We'll all get there. I'm trying to learn to wait. USCIS will teach most of us patience lol 

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, EmpressBab said:

They always say every case is different though. I have a friend here who had to wait 9 months from her PD to do her Interview. We'll all get there. I'm trying to learn to wait. USCIS will teach most of us patience lol 

Lol it certainly has taught me a bit.. 

I'm not really the patient kind but I've decided not to check the website until Monday which will be my 94 days mark. I'm hoping to have good news by them because it'll just break my heart to know that I've worked so hard to gain a little discipline and it didn't pay off. :D:dancing:.

PD:10/21/2016

NOA1:11/7/2016

Hardcopy NOA:11/10/2016

Biometrics Notice:11/12/2016

Biometrics App:11/22/2016

I485 Status update: As of December 5 we are ready to schedule your I485 for interview....

I130:Case Received

I765: 1/17/2017, New card is being produced

Hi Guys,

K-1 AOS applicant here

October 17: AOS, AP & EAD received by USCIS

October 31: NOA (I felt that this was a huge gap between received and NOA compared to other timelines. I concluded USCIS received a LOT of applications but I don't know why.

November 23: Biometrics taken

I have heard nothing since. Case status for all three is received/finger print fee received.

Today: Phoned USCIS for my EAD, a service request was opened. I was given a service request number and told that it will take 15-30 days for USCIS to respond.

This is so frustrating. Does anyone have any idea why it is taking so long for October filers? In the November filers thread someone said 3 EADs have been approved. Just seems unfair how we're being treated. 

4 minutes ago, ASEIRDLO said:

Hi Guys,

K-1 AOS applicant here

October 31: NOA (I felt that this was a huge gap between received and NOA compared to other timelines. I concluded USCIS received a LOT of applications but I don't know why.

I have heard nothing since. Case status for all three is received/finger print fee received.

Today: Phoned USCIS for my EAD, a service request was opened. I was given a service request number and told that it will take 15-30 days for USCIS to respond.

This is so frustrating. Does anyone have any idea why it is taking so long for October filers? In the November filers thread someone said 3 EADs have been approved. Just seems unfair how we're being treated. 

As far as I know, there are many October filers who were processed quickly. We just don't post anymore because we don't need to.  As has been said a thousand times to a thousand people on this site, there are multiple reasons why some people's processing times are slower than others, not all of those reasons are fair. And each of us have delays at one stage or another. The wait is horrible, but try to stay positive and do what you can, when you can. 

K1 Visa Application:                                                                                                                                                        Timeline for AOS
129-F Delivered: Lewiston, TX 10/29/2015                                                                                                                 AOS paperwork (including EAD & AP) sent via Express Mail: 10/1/2016
NOA1 eNotification: 11/3/2015 (Sent to CSC - yay!)                                                                                                 AOS paperwork received by USCIS: 10/3/2016
NOA1 Hard Copy: 11/8/2015 | NOA2 eNotification: : 11/30/2015 | NOA2 Hard Copy: 12/4/2015                   NOA1 E-notification Date (email and text): 10/5/16, ~11pm Central time, one notice for each application
NVC Received: 12/10/2015 | NVC Case Assigned: 12/11/2015                                                                             Check Cashed: 10/6/16
Mailed to Embassy: 12/16/2015 (Status shows as Ready)                                                                                     NOA1 Hardcopy Date: 10/11/16
Received hardcopy Letter from NVC: 12/19/2015                                                                                                     Biometrics Letter Received: 10/28/16
Embassy Received Packet: 12/21/2015                                                                                                                      Biometrics Scheduled for: 11/9/16 (Did not try a walk-in, went on scheduled day)
Email from Embassy for Beneficiary Email: 12/24/2015                                                                                          EAD approved on: 11/16/16 (early in the day) / AP approved on: 11/16/16 (late in the day)
Replied to Embassy: 12/24/2015                                                                                                                                  AP produced+mailed on:11/18/16 | AP letters (2) received on: 11/18/16
Email from Embassy Regarding Packet 3: 12/28/15                                                                                                 EAD card produced+mailed on: 11/22/16 | EAD card received on: 11/25/16
Replied to Embassy: 12/28/15 (at night)                                                                                                                     Social Security card application date: 11/28/16 | LOST IN THE MAIL
Email from Embassy Regarding Packet 4: 12/29/15 (in the morning)                                                                    Social Security card received on: 12/27/16 (Ordered a new one at the office on 12/19/16)
Interview Date: Jan 13th @ 12:30pm - Approved!                                                                                                      Interview Waiver! (6 months and 2 weeks past the first NOA1)
CEAC status changed to admin processing: 1/14/16                                                                                                Card Ordered notice (text and online): 4/19/17
CEAC status changed to issued: 1/19/16                                                                                                                     I-485 Approval notice (text and online): 4/20/17
US travel docs website shows "out for delivery": 1/20/16                                                                                          Card Produced + WILL Mail notice 4/27/17
Called by courier regarding delivery attempt: 1/21/16                                                                                                Card Mailed notice: 5/2/2017
Passport in hand:1/22/16 (he went to their office to pick it up) | Arrival date into the US: 3/09/16                    Green Card Received: 5/5/2017 
Married: 06/04/2016
Timeline for ROC
ROC paperwork sent via Express Mail: 1/24/2019
ROC paperwork received by USCIS: 1/28/2019
NOA1 E-notification Date (email and text): 2/4/19
Check Cashed: 2/6/19
NOA1 Hardcopy Date: 2/11/19
Biometrics Letter Received: 9/20/19 (Did not need biometrics)

Biometrics Letter Received: 10/25/19 (Biometrics Request)

Biometrics Scheduled for: 11/5/19 (Did not try a walk-in, went on scheduled day) 

Biometrics Review Completed: 11/6/19 (Processing I-751) - Online notice

31 minutes ago, AlinaB said:

As far as I know, there are many October filers who were processed quickly. We just don't post anymore because we don't need to.  As has been said a thousand times to a thousand people on this site, there are multiple reasons why some people's processing times are slower than others, not all of those reasons are fair. And each of us have delays at one stage or another. The wait is horrible, but try to stay positive and do what you can, when you can. 

Hey Alina,

Thanks for your input; I understand that early October filers received responses very quickly but for applicants from around the 17th of October through to the end of October, there has been a total shift in the speed of the processing of applications. I noticed yours was done in 46 days yet applicants from the second half of October have waited almost double the amount of time of yours with still no EAD! This is a general trend. Yes every case is different but the general trend is that our cases are taking much much longer. And the general trend is that earlier cases were approved much quicker. I am yet to see a case from the second half of October that was approved as quickly as yours for example. Yet there are a lot of cases from the first half of October and earlier that were approved quickly. There's clearly a trend and a reason for this trend. We just don't know what it is. And that's frustrating.

You also try to stay positive instead of using condescending language, "As has been said a thousand times to a thousand people..." Totally unnecessarily and certainly not positive :-) Empathy goes a long way. And it's free :-) 

Thanks

18 minutes ago, ASEIRDLO said:

Hey Alina,

Thanks for your input; I understand that early October filers received responses very quickly but for applicants from around the 17th of October through to the end of October, there has been a total shift in the speed of the processing of applications. I noticed yours was done in 46 days yet applicants from the second half of October have waited almost double the amount of time of yours with still no EAD! This is a general trend. Yes every case is different but the general trend is that our cases are taking much much longer. And the general trend is that earlier cases were approved much quicker. I am yet to see a case from the second half of October that was approved as quickly as yours for example. Yet there are a lot of cases from the first half of October and earlier that were approved quickly. There's clearly a trend and a reason for this trend. We just don't know what it is. And that's frustrating.

You also try to stay positive instead of using condescending language, "As has been said a thousand times to a thousand people..." Totally unnecessarily and certainly not positive :-) Empathy goes a long way. And it's free :-) 

Thanks

My apologies if you took my reminder of a repetitive question as condescending, but we all read tone and inflection as we wish into online words. Furthermore, humans are subject to something called confirmation bias. Someone needs to run the actual numbers to get an idea on if those who applied in later October are truly experiencing longer delays or if it just appears that way to those having to suffer. You can use the statistics on the site here to get sort of an idea, but since many people don't fill in their timelines - it won't be super helpful. Anyone who wants to dig through all 85 pages can try to pull as much data as possible, and could even expand out to include data from Sept and Nov as well to build statistical power. I would even grab Sept - Nov 2015 as well. Using this, not only could you get an idea of average timelines, you may even be able to ascertain WHY those in later October have been given the short end of the deal. Perhaps the same thing occurred in 2015 - could it be due to the timing of the holidays? Should people be warned in the future to not apply from Oct 17 - Oct 31? The questions you could answer are endless. 

However, it seems a silly waste of time as it will in no way speed decision making. Better instead to do what you can, get help from who you can, and as always - stay positive. =)

K1 Visa Application:                                                                                                                                                        Timeline for AOS
129-F Delivered: Lewiston, TX 10/29/2015                                                                                                                 AOS paperwork (including EAD & AP) sent via Express Mail: 10/1/2016
NOA1 eNotification: 11/3/2015 (Sent to CSC - yay!)                                                                                                 AOS paperwork received by USCIS: 10/3/2016
NOA1 Hard Copy: 11/8/2015 | NOA2 eNotification: : 11/30/2015 | NOA2 Hard Copy: 12/4/2015                   NOA1 E-notification Date (email and text): 10/5/16, ~11pm Central time, one notice for each application
NVC Received: 12/10/2015 | NVC Case Assigned: 12/11/2015                                                                             Check Cashed: 10/6/16
Mailed to Embassy: 12/16/2015 (Status shows as Ready)                                                                                     NOA1 Hardcopy Date: 10/11/16
Received hardcopy Letter from NVC: 12/19/2015                                                                                                     Biometrics Letter Received: 10/28/16
Embassy Received Packet: 12/21/2015                                                                                                                      Biometrics Scheduled for: 11/9/16 (Did not try a walk-in, went on scheduled day)
Email from Embassy for Beneficiary Email: 12/24/2015                                                                                          EAD approved on: 11/16/16 (early in the day) / AP approved on: 11/16/16 (late in the day)
Replied to Embassy: 12/24/2015                                                                                                                                  AP produced+mailed on:11/18/16 | AP letters (2) received on: 11/18/16
Email from Embassy Regarding Packet 3: 12/28/15                                                                                                 EAD card produced+mailed on: 11/22/16 | EAD card received on: 11/25/16
Replied to Embassy: 12/28/15 (at night)                                                                                                                     Social Security card application date: 11/28/16 | LOST IN THE MAIL
Email from Embassy Regarding Packet 4: 12/29/15 (in the morning)                                                                    Social Security card received on: 12/27/16 (Ordered a new one at the office on 12/19/16)
Interview Date: Jan 13th @ 12:30pm - Approved!                                                                                                      Interview Waiver! (6 months and 2 weeks past the first NOA1)
CEAC status changed to admin processing: 1/14/16                                                                                                Card Ordered notice (text and online): 4/19/17
CEAC status changed to issued: 1/19/16                                                                                                                     I-485 Approval notice (text and online): 4/20/17
US travel docs website shows "out for delivery": 1/20/16                                                                                          Card Produced + WILL Mail notice 4/27/17
Called by courier regarding delivery attempt: 1/21/16                                                                                                Card Mailed notice: 5/2/2017
Passport in hand:1/22/16 (he went to their office to pick it up) | Arrival date into the US: 3/09/16                    Green Card Received: 5/5/2017 
Married: 06/04/2016
Timeline for ROC
ROC paperwork sent via Express Mail: 1/24/2019
ROC paperwork received by USCIS: 1/28/2019
NOA1 E-notification Date (email and text): 2/4/19
Check Cashed: 2/6/19
NOA1 Hardcopy Date: 2/11/19
Biometrics Letter Received: 9/20/19 (Did not need biometrics)

Biometrics Letter Received: 10/25/19 (Biometrics Request)

Biometrics Scheduled for: 11/5/19 (Did not try a walk-in, went on scheduled day) 

Biometrics Review Completed: 11/6/19 (Processing I-751) - Online notice

Timeline
1 hour ago, ASEIRDLO said:

Hi Guys,

K-1 AOS applicant here

Ur right. My package was received 10/14 and I didn't receive the texts and emails until 10/27. Only the early October filers like between 1-5 I've seen receive EAD early and some in that date range still have not received an EAD. I have the app and it shows. October filers have been moving significantly slower and I've seen November filers being approved for EAD as well. We really just really have to wait and be patient. You will never know what's happening with your case by just calling because the agents are just talking from a script. Hang in there! 

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

13 minutes ago, EmpressBab said:

Ur right. My package was received 10/14 and I didn't receive the texts and emails until 10/27. Only the early October filers like between 1-5 I've seen receive EAD early and some in that date range still have not received an EAD. I have the app and it shows. October filers have been moving significantly slower and I've seen November filers being approved for EAD as well. We really just really have to wait and be patient. You will never know what's happening with your case by just calling because the agents are just talking from a script. Hang in there! 

Exactly. Thank you EmpressBab! And congratulations on the EAD approval after 91 days :-) Hopefully we'll be next soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, ASEIRDLO said:

Hey Alina,

Thanks

There are so many variables for this it's difficult to say it's a late October problem.  We are a late October filer and have not heard anything about EAD/AP but have a scheduled interview in early February for my wife's Green Card.  I have not posted much here because I had no news or concerns.  Was waiting for the EAD/AP timeline to get close, but all of the sudden we have an interview.  I was sure we were going to get hit with RFEs for medical, wife's J-1 status, financial intermingling, etc.. but we coasted through while others have all kinds of problems.  

Our timeline is literally:

October 21 mailed in packet

Early November NOA

November 23 Biometrics

January 6 Interview scheduled

February 8 Interview

I know it's frustrating, but every case is different.  It just takes time, you are in the system and just have to wait for the government to slowly process everything.

17 minutes ago, AlinaB said:

My apologies if you took my reminder of a repetitive question as condescending, but we all read tone and inflection as we wish into online words. Furthermore, humans are subject to something called confirmation bias. Someone needs to run the actual numbers to get an idea on if those who applied in later October are truly experiencing longer delays or if it just appears that way to those having to suffer. You can use the statistics on the site here to get sort of an idea, but since many people don't fill in their timelines - it won't be super helpful. Anyone who wants to dig through all 85 pages can try to pull as much data as possible, and could even expand out to include data from Sept and Nov as well to build statistical power. I would even grab Sept - Nov 2015 as well. Using this, not only could you get an idea of average timelines, you may even be able to ascertain WHY those in later October have been given the short end of the deal. Perhaps the same thing occurred in 2015 - could it be due to the timing of the holidays? Should people be warned in the future to not apply from Oct 17 - Oct 31? The questions you could answer are endless. 

However, it seems a silly waste of time as it will in no way speed decision making. Better instead to do what you can, get help from who you can, and as always - stay positive. =)

Lol I love your apology IF.....BUT.....FURTHERMORE

You provide some much-needed comic relief :-)

Each to their own. Some see the trend, some don't.

Indeed your suggestions are a silly waste of time.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ltr said:

There are so many variables for this it's difficult to say it's a late October problem.  We are a late October filer and have not heard anything about EAD/AP but have a scheduled interview in early February for my wife's Green Card.  I have not posted much here because I had no news or concerns.  Was waiting for the EAD/AP timeline to get close, but all of the sudden we have an interview.  I was sure we were going to get hit with RFEs for medical, wife's J-1 status, financial intermingling, etc.. but we coasted through while others have all kinds of problems.  

Early November NOA

November 23 Biometrics

February 8 Interview

I know it's frustrating, but every case is different.  It just takes time, you are in the system and just have to wait for the government to slowly process everything.

Congrats on your interview and goodluck! Update us to know how your interview goes! 

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

16 minutes ago, ltr said:

Early November NOA

November 23 Biometrics

February 8 Interview

Indeed every case is different. A trend doesn't mean that all the cases follow the same trend. It simply means that there are enough similarities for a pattern to be noticeable. That's all I'm pointing out. Congratulations on your progress and good luck in the interview.

Edited by ASEIRDLO

32 minutes ago, ltr said:

Early November NOA

November 23 Biometrics

February 8 Interview

Yes every case is different. Just from this short conversation here between 4 people we have 4 October filers: 1 early October filer and 3 mid to late October filers.

Earlier October filers:

Alina

Quick response time between filing and NOA - less than 5 days. 

Mid to late October filers:

EmpressBab

ltr

Aseirdlo

Longer response time between filing and NOA - more than 10 days.

That's all I'm pointing out folks.

I am very aware that every case is different. I'm just also aware that are certain similarities between some cases, some, that were filed around the certain date.

Similar thing happened with K1 petitions last year. Newer petitions were routed to California Service Centre where they were processed quicker than older petitions that were in a backlog at Texas Service Centre. 

Hello, mid-Oct filer here, reached my 97th day of waiting to hear back since my biometrics were taken, no RFE's or updates of any kind. So I decided to try my luck contacting my local congressperson this afternoon and surprisingly they got back to me within a couple of hours with the following:

Our office is in receipt of your request for assistance. In order for our office to contact USCIS you will need to complete a privacy release form authorizing our office to speak on your behalf. I have mailed this form to the address you provided us with in Ann Arbor. Please complete the form and return to my attention using the self-addressed franked envelope (no stamp required). I ask that you do not list your social security number, list all USCIS receipt numbers for each of your applications. Once I receive the completed form I will contact USCIS.

If your biometrics were received on November 7th- your applications would still be pending background checks which could take up to 90 days. USCIS does not adjudicate applications until background checks are complete.  EAD and AP cards are typically adjudicated and issued within 30 days after assignment to an officer only if no additional evidence is requested. These applications are not adjudicated at the Detroit Field Office. If emergency travel should arise, USCIS Detroit could issue a one-time emergency travel document at the discretion of the officer reviewing your documents.  In regards, to the I-485 application, that will be adjudicated at the Detroit Field Office after an initial interview is scheduled, currently I believe they are reviewing cases received May 2016.

Interesting what she says about it potentially taking up to 90 days from biometrics while they do the background checks, which kind of conflicts with the general consensus of opinion on here and other forums that the expected turnaround is 90 days from USCIS receiving the application.

Also interesting that she mentions the AP and EAD's are issued within 30 days of being assigned to an officer. As far as I know, from what I read on here of other applicants experiences, the status never gets updated to "Your case is assigned to an officer". This would certainly be useful, as at least we'd get some feedback and have a rough idea of how long we have remaining to wait.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this, in case anybody else is in the same boat and is considering reaching out to their congressperson but was perhaps putting it off thinking the response would be unhelpful or might take a while.

AoS timeline
10/11/2016 sent
 I-485, I-131 and I-765 via Fedex overnight
10/13/2016 tracking reported as delivered (also the date shown as received on My USCIS website)
10/18/2016 email/txt notification of receipt of application (Notice of Action I-797 in the post)
10/28/2016 received NOA for biometrics appt
11/07/2016 biometrics appt

01/28/2017 online status for EAD updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.