andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Because it's frustrating to not being able to work or visit your family abroad. 90 days processing time means that there are 90 days on average between filing and having card in hand. You can expedite on financial hardship well before 75 days. The 75 days file request is technically not an expedite, but just a reminder to USCIS to ask them if they are processing it or to check if they have not lost sight of it.

Let's see how you feel when day 75 is appoaching and you haven't had any status updates yet. I want to bet good money on it that you will be putting in a service request yourself.

Lol woah, defense mode much eh? I never said you can't expedite before 75 days, you can always expedite. I know it's frustrating to not be able to work or visit abroad but it is what it is. We all knew from the K1 beginning what we had to suck up. I also won't be putting in a service request because I either am going to expedite on my job offer if they call this week or I just await until they approve, which next month is due to the 90-day-waiting. So it won't matter if I put in a service request or not. Plus I counted 44 working days but in total I'm on 65 somewhere including all the weekends.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everybody, this forum is really for us to encourage each other. I know it is really hard, I'm at day 67 and I've heard nothing from USCIS regarding my i-485 which has not moved from fingerprint fee received nor my i-765. I have not been working since August and it is hard especially feeling like ur just laying everything on your spouse who probably doesn't make a lot to be fully taking care of the both of u. But I'm sure that when we all filed we knew about the EAD processing time being 90 days, getting it before that is at the discretion of USCIS so really I think it's just whoever is processing your case and how fast they work. I don't believe we should promote being hostile to each other, we are all going through the same thing. Let's just share our experiences and hope for the best on all our cases. Good luck everyone! :)

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello guys I have a confusion and hoping if someone will be kind enough to clear it for me. USCIS received my case file for i485, i765 and i130 on October 17th but I received RFIE. USCIS received and acknowledged my response for RFIE on November 28th. So my question is should I start counting the 90-day mark for EAD from October 17th or November 28th ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys I have a confusion and hoping if someone will be kind enough to clear it for me. USCIS received my case file for i485, i765 and i130 on October 17th but I received RFIE. USCIS received and acknowledged my response for RFIE on November 28th. So my question is should I start counting the 90-day mark for EAD from October 17th or November 28th ??

I think it depends on what the RFIE is for but I know I read somewhere that a RFIE resets the case while a RFE pauses the case. Hope that helps

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

Filed: Timeline

From the very beginning as I am sure your RFE was for I-485, not 765 or 131

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I think it depends on what the RFIE is for but I know I read somewhere that a RFIE resets the case while a RFE pauses the case. Hope that helps

The RFIE was for to submit the W2 for recent year for my spouse and updated sponsorship proof.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Lol woah, defense mode much eh? I never said you can't expedite before 75 days, you can always expedite. I know it's frustrating to not be able to work or visit abroad but it is what it is. We all knew from the K1 beginning what we had to suck up. I also won't be putting in a service request because I either am going to expedite on my job offer if they call this week or I just await until they approve, which next month is due to the 90-day-waiting. So it won't matter if I put in a service request or not. Plus I counted 44 working days but in total I'm on 65 somewhere including all the weekends.

To each their own, if you don't want to do that you don't need to, but don't be talking down on people who are anxious, impatient or whatever. And even if you have a job offer to expedite it's no guarantee for success. I'm fine with waiting 90 days, everyone probably is because we knew that is was going to be 90 days. The frustrating part is that there is no guarantee. Even if they miss the 90 day mark, they can make you wait up to 30 days before putting in another service request and so on. I think a lot of people here are a little bit worried that the whole process is very dependent on who gets your file and how their work ethics are. Some people are better in dealing with things that are out of their control than others. I hope this helps in understanding the people who file for service requests. This forum is to help and support people who are in the same situation are have been there.

By the way it's useless to count business days, USCIS works 7/7

AOS from VWP

10/04/16: Package (I485, I130, I765, I131) sent to Chicago Lockbox via Priority USPS

10/05/16: NOA1 Package received

10/18/16: Hard copies received

10/26/16: Appointment letter for Biometrics

11/01/16: RFIE: birth certificate joint sponsor missing

11/08/16: Biometrics

11/22/16: RFIE received

12/14/16: I485 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

12/19/16: Service request for I765 (day 76)

12/23/16: Letter in mail stating that I765 is within normal processing times

01/03/17: EAD card in production (day 91) later changed to Case Approved

01/03/17: I131 AP case approved

01/06/17: Card has been mailed (day 94)

01/11/17: Card in hand :jest: (day 99)

To each their own, if you don't want to do that you don't need to, but don't be talking down on people who are anxious, impatient or whatever. And even if you have a job offer to expedite it's no guarantee for success. I'm fine with waiting 90 days, everyone probably is because we knew that is was going to be 90 days. The frustrating part is that there is no guarantee. Even if they miss the 90 day mark, they can make you wait up to 30 days before putting in another service request and so on. I think a lot of people here are a little bit worried that the whole process is very dependent on who gets your file and how their work ethics are. Some people are better in dealing with things that are out of their control than others. I hope this helps in understanding the people who file for service requests. This forum is to help and support people who are in the same situation are have been there.

By the way it's useless to count business days, USCIS works 7/7

When you are seeking something from USCIS, it is a benefit, not a guarantee. They can delay your case as much as they want, no one owes you anything.

So, putting a service request will just take time out of someone else's case, etc.

Look up the processing time frames for I-131 and I-765 - it takes roughly about the same time to process those two petitions as to respond to a service request. Not to mention that you are still within a time frame and it may piss off an IO.

I wasn't attacking anyone or saying discouraging things OR talking down. I read back what I typed and I can not remember talking people down, honestly. I don't use emoticons here so it can always sound like someone is being rude or short. I'm relaxed, just wondering why people would put in a service request if they haven't hit the 75th day yet. That's all, lol.

Edit: I'm sorry if I offended someone with asking that question.

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

I wasn't attacking anyone or saying discouraging things OR talking down. I read back what I typed and I can not remember talking people down, honestly. I don't use emoticons here so it can always sound like someone is being rude or short. I'm relaxed, just wondering why people would put in a service request if they haven't hit the 75th day yet. That's all, lol.

Edit: I'm sorry if I offended someone with asking that question.

Totally support you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

RFE was for the I485. I needed to proof US citizenship for my mother-in-law as she signed as a co-sponsor. I sent in a copy of her birth certificate. It was received by them on 11/22 and on 12/14 I got the notice that my case was ready to be scheduled for interview

Got it - my USCIS app just updated to EAD and AP being approved @ day 76. I have no idea what happens next.................................

Hang in there - you'll hear soon.

1/17/2019.........Mailed ROC package via USPS, two day shipping to Dallas, TX

1/19/2019........Package delivered

1/22/19............Case Received

1/28/2019........Received text from USCIS with case received information and receipt number

1/28/2019........Bank check was cashed 

3/4/2019..........Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

3/15/2019........Received email confirmation that a duplicate receipt was in its way

3/23/2019.........Received 18 month extension letter in the mail

7/5/2019...........Biometrics completed

3/11/2020........Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Status Online. As of 4/13 we have not received any notifications

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It can get very frustrating and anxious to read dates and your case is not progressing according to the date. It is depressing to see others with similar file dates who got progress but your case has not.

As said before we all deal with stress differently and all we can do to ease the anxiety is ask questions. Read the answers with an open mind.

I do not believe for one minute that anyone on this forum wants to belittle, disregard or disrespect anyone , we are not speaking but writing our thoughts and feelings and we all interpret what we read differently. Misunderstandings can occur.

Ladies and gents hang in there. There is no clear answers for any of us, just free advice from others who has done the process before us , here on visa journey.

We all have to have a degree of patience and faith. If we choose not too then we endure the anxiety and frustration that comes with dealing with Uscis.

How about we all pray for the men and women of the USCiS that work diligently everyday to assist us in getting our Green cards. I know, why should we? I say why not? It costs nothing and it keeps the focus of getting negative thoughts, anxiety, anger, and frustration out of our minds and hearts.

Uscis employees are only humans as we are and we gotta remember that and have some faith.

Let's keep supporting each other.Keep asking questions but have some patience and know every single case is very different not alike as we wanna believe.

Happy holidays everyone.

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One last thought.

Why stress over things we have no control over?

Take the focus of how trying this process with USCiS is and do something for someone else in the holiday spirit.

I tutored 2 students for 6 hrs free and they both passed their exam with A.

I got gift cards for my UPS and USPS mail people.

Maybe you can Buy a pair of winter gloves / scarf/ ear muffs for the mail man.

Go read to kids at the public library.

Make Ziploc bags with few items for the homeless u see on the street. Maybe just for 5 or ten people

Go help at a food shelter for the weekend.

We are so fortunate that we can get to the point to apply for a GC where many can not so let's be kind towards each other and others Out there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ours was delivered on 10/3, received 10/4. Still nothing on EAS or AP.

Anyone else with the same dates as we are? What are your statuses?

Yes I'm in the exact situation. Nothing since 10/4

Edited by Hopefully coming

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody, this forum is really for us to encourage each other. I know it is really hard, I'm at day 67 and I've heard nothing from USCIS regarding my i-485 which has not moved from fingerprint fee received nor my i-765. I have not been working since August and it is hard especially feeling like ur just laying everything on your spouse who probably doesn't make a lot to be fully taking care of the both of u. But I'm sure that when we all filed we knew about the EAD processing time being 90 days, getting it before that is at the discretion of USCIS so really I think it's just whoever is processing your case and how fast they work. I don't believe we should promote being hostile to each other, we are all going through the same thing. Let's just share our experiences and hope for the best on all our cases. Good luck everyone! :)

Ditto!

On Oct 17th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.