andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Canuck2016 said:

Her interview was scheduled for Jun 19th and her last post here was on Jun 07th not a word since.

4 hours ago, Canuck2016 said:

Her interview was scheduled for Jun 19th and her last post here was on Jun 07th not a word since.

I noticed that also. We started on VJ at the same time and dusted wanted to know she got her Gc. Hope all went well.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Interview went by quickly yesterday. We got there at 8:15... we were out by 9:40. The officer only said that everything looks good, like true bonafide wedding. That he just needed to put file together and sent it in the mail. That everything looked good so it should be fast. He took about five new pictures from the 20 we took, and copies of our ID's and his passport. Then asked if there was anything we wanted to add to the packet. So I threw in some wedding congratulations cards we received and some joint credit card statements.

I had read on here that people get home from interviews to check status and see the "card in production" message. Sad that didn't happen .... now we wait ..... again.:wacko:

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm so confused right now ...

It's been four days since our interview ... and online status have not changed 

This morning I check my Usps postal notifications and I will be receiving a letter from USCIS addressed to the petitioner. I zoomed in on the scan of the letter ... it clearly says the above petition has been approved. I can also see the date 07/31/2017.

Im guessing this is the I-130 approval ?!

But what about our AOS ?! I've heard of cases where people get green cards and their I-130 status never updating ... but not this ??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lizziecakes said:

This morning I check my Usps postal notifications and I will be receiving a letter from USCIS addressed to the petitioner. I zoomed in on the scan of the letter ... it clearly says the above petition has been approved. I can also see the date 07/31/2017.

But what about our AOS ?! I've heard of cases where people get green cards and their I-130 status never updating ... but not this ??

Breathe Breathe Breathe :)     Give it another week before panic. Waited this long so 1 more week. 

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Lizziecakes said:

130 and 485 get approved at the same time, no need to worry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lizziecakes said:

You can't trust the case status, it's very unreliable. Wait until you get the letter to see what it says. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Haven't posted in here in a while, but had a question. So as of June 30,2017 our local office (Hartford, CT) is now processing cases (i-485) as of November 13, 2016. Our case was received October 31st. Anyone else in a similar situation? It seems odd to me that the processing time is a couple weeks past the date of our case and we still haven't received a notice for an interview. What do you think we should do, besides another case inquiry? 

AOS Timeline

Married: 08/26/2016

AOS Filed: 10/27/2016

AOS Case received: 10/31/2016

NOA Received: 11/16/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 12/08/2016

RFIE response received: 01/13/2017

EAD Card in production: 03/14/2017 

Filed: Timeline
44 minutes ago, lmenko said:

Haven't posted in here in a while, but had a question. So as of June 30,2017 our local office (Hartford, CT) is now processing cases (i-485) as of November 13, 2016. Our case was received October 31st. Anyone else in a similar situation? It seems odd to me that the processing time is a couple weeks past the date of our case and we still haven't received a notice for an interview. What do you think we should do, besides another case inquiry? 

put in a service request! 

Request for initial evidences reset your clock, so you are no longer considered an October petition anymore.

Example; I got a RFIE in December, took them seven  months to approve my petition after sending in my response.

Edited by Dutchster
small typo

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

Request for initial evidences reset your clock, so you are no longer considered an October petition anymore.

Example; I got a RFIE in December, took them seven  months to approve my petition after sending in my response.

Ah, that was what I was thinking, thanks for the input. We are just about 7 months from our RFIE now so hopefully our luck will change soon

AOS Timeline

Married: 08/26/2016

AOS Filed: 10/27/2016

AOS Case received: 10/31/2016

NOA Received: 11/16/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 12/08/2016

RFIE response received: 01/13/2017

EAD Card in production: 03/14/2017 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.