andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone with local office San Antonio heard anything yet about their GC/interview?

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

38 minutes ago, thrashunreal said:

Has anyone with local office San Antonio heard anything yet about their GC/interview?

Several of us have asked this (you can search threads). The answer for my husband still is no. 

K1 Visa Application:                                                                                                                                                        Timeline for AOS
129-F Delivered: Lewiston, TX 10/29/2015                                                                                                                 AOS paperwork (including EAD & AP) sent via Express Mail: 10/1/2016
NOA1 eNotification: 11/3/2015 (Sent to CSC - yay!)                                                                                                 AOS paperwork received by USCIS: 10/3/2016
NOA1 Hard Copy: 11/8/2015 | NOA2 eNotification: : 11/30/2015 | NOA2 Hard Copy: 12/4/2015                   NOA1 E-notification Date (email and text): 10/5/16, ~11pm Central time, one notice for each application
NVC Received: 12/10/2015 | NVC Case Assigned: 12/11/2015                                                                             Check Cashed: 10/6/16
Mailed to Embassy: 12/16/2015 (Status shows as Ready)                                                                                     NOA1 Hardcopy Date: 10/11/16
Received hardcopy Letter from NVC: 12/19/2015                                                                                                     Biometrics Letter Received: 10/28/16
Embassy Received Packet: 12/21/2015                                                                                                                      Biometrics Scheduled for: 11/9/16 (Did not try a walk-in, went on scheduled day)
Email from Embassy for Beneficiary Email: 12/24/2015                                                                                          EAD approved on: 11/16/16 (early in the day) / AP approved on: 11/16/16 (late in the day)
Replied to Embassy: 12/24/2015                                                                                                                                  AP produced+mailed on:11/18/16 | AP letters (2) received on: 11/18/16
Email from Embassy Regarding Packet 3: 12/28/15                                                                                                 EAD card produced+mailed on: 11/22/16 | EAD card received on: 11/25/16
Replied to Embassy: 12/28/15 (at night)                                                                                                                     Social Security card application date: 11/28/16 | LOST IN THE MAIL
Email from Embassy Regarding Packet 4: 12/29/15 (in the morning)                                                                    Social Security card received on: 12/27/16 (Ordered a new one at the office on 12/19/16)
Interview Date: Jan 13th @ 12:30pm - Approved!                                                                                                      Interview Waiver! (6 months and 2 weeks past the first NOA1)
CEAC status changed to admin processing: 1/14/16                                                                                                Card Ordered notice (text and online): 4/19/17
CEAC status changed to issued: 1/19/16                                                                                                                     I-485 Approval notice (text and online): 4/20/17
US travel docs website shows "out for delivery": 1/20/16                                                                                          Card Produced + WILL Mail notice 4/27/17
Called by courier regarding delivery attempt: 1/21/16                                                                                                Card Mailed notice: 5/2/2017
Passport in hand:1/22/16 (he went to their office to pick it up) | Arrival date into the US: 3/09/16                    Green Card Received: 5/5/2017 
Married: 06/04/2016
Timeline for ROC
ROC paperwork sent via Express Mail: 1/24/2019
ROC paperwork received by USCIS: 1/28/2019
NOA1 E-notification Date (email and text): 2/4/19
Check Cashed: 2/6/19
NOA1 Hardcopy Date: 2/11/19
Biometrics Letter Received: 9/20/19 (Did not need biometrics)

Biometrics Letter Received: 10/25/19 (Biometrics Request)

Biometrics Scheduled for: 11/5/19 (Did not try a walk-in, went on scheduled day) 

Biometrics Review Completed: 11/6/19 (Processing I-751) - Online notice

On 4/8/2017 at 1:02 PM, Amitney said:

We sent it in over two weeks ago. Still nothing. It's a good warning because they give you a copy of the Medical Form and you can see in that copy of the Civil Surgeon missed it. I'd definitely just check that way you can bring a sealed envelope from civil surgeon to the AOS interview and save potentially longer wait. Our office is a very busy and slow going one.

Hey! Did you have to fill out a new form or just get the results?

10/28/2016: AOS Application Package Sent to Chicago (USPS)

10/31/2016: AOS Package Delivered

11/15/2016: E-Notifications received

11/18/2016: NOA received in mail

12/6/2016: Biometrics

12/7/2016: RFE for i864 received

12/14/2016: RFE received by USCIS

01/30/2016: EAD approved on USCIS website

02/04/2017: EAD received in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys, just wanted to share about my successful trip using the combo card, in case any of you who, like us, have been waiting 6 months for any news about the green card need to take an international trip.

A little background: we are adjusting from K1, got our EAD/AP in a timely manner, no word on AOS, and wanted to go back to China to celebrate our marriage with my husband's family.  The trip was about a month long.

Before going, I was nervous about whether the combo card would actually work, whether immigration would interview my husband really intensely on arrival while he is groggy after so many hours of travel, or how much we would be hassled by the airline because I had read that airlines sometimes don't know how to deal with AP passengers.  By the time we left on the trip, I wasn't too concerned about being called in for an interview while we were away because it seemed like most people were getting interview notices about a full month in advance, and especially because we had someone checking the mail for us so we could rush back and interview if need be.

Well, in our case, it was all fine!  The airline was indeed confused by the card, but immediately knew it was legitimate, just took a while to figure out how to enter it in their computer system.  They were very polite to us, and apologized for the delay.  And when we came through immigration (in Chicago), they didn't ask either of us a single question!  Just had us wait in the waiting room until somebody came out and returned his passport to us with the "PAROLED" stamp.  Good luck to everybody still waiting on AOS, and to anybody else who is traveling on AP--hope your travel goes as smoothly as ours did!

K1

Spoiler

12/18/2015- NOA 1

1/29/2016- NOA 2

2/18/2016- Letter from NVC saying they're forwarding to Guangzhou

3/4/2016- Received P3, returned it about a week later

3/22/2016- P4 email

5/12/16- Interview. Approved!

5/16/16- After a few days saying administrative processing, CEAC now says issued!

Additional snafu: my fiancé came over on his visa, but just a month later (and the day before we were going to get married) he had an emergency that necessitated him returning to China.  I contacted the Guangzhou consulate via their email system, provided the requested documents/proof, and he was granted a second interview for "reissuance."  He had to re-do the medical, redo the interview (bringing yet another copy of all of the things he had to bring the first time) and we were approved again!  He received what looked like a new visa in his passport, but the original 90 day countdown for marriage was still ticking.  He came back to the US and we got married right away!

8/22/16- Married!

AOS

9/30/16- Filed for AOS, EA, AP

10/6/16- NOA 1 for AOS, EA, and AP (USCIS case status website says case was received on October 4th)

11/9/16- Bio appointment

12/13/16- EA and AP approved!

no news... case status on website still says "fingerprint fee received..."

4/11/17- submitted online service request for case out of normal processing time (over 6 months)

5/2/17- USCIS website updated to "My card is being produced!"

5/10/17- Green Card received

ROC

3/2/19- Filed ROC

3/8/19- NOA/18mo extension received

5/7/19- Bio appointment

9/2/20- Interview scheduled for next month!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, rasaco said:

Hey guys, just wanted to share about my successful trip using the combo card, in case any of you who, like us, have been waiting 6 months for any news about the green card need to take an international trip.

A little background: we are adjusting from K1, got our EAD/AP in a timely manner, no word on AOS, and wanted to go back to China to celebrate our marriage with my husband's family.  The trip was about a month long.

I also recently traveled on AP.

Coming from Canada. No at counter airline check-in. Went straight to security and immigration. ( In Canada we clear US immigration in Canada ) The machines would not read my AP card so had to fill out form and present to immigration officer who sent me to secondary. Had a seat in secondary while officer typed in her computer and then she called me up. Wanted to know how long I left the USA and purpose of my trip. Stamped my passport and I was on my way.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, bansa said:

Hey! Did you have to fill out a new form or just get the results?

So we went to urgent care to get tested. It was quicker and insurance was take there. The civil surgeon would have charged $100 for the test. After we forwarded the negative test to civil surgeons office. They are aware of this new change so they filled the form out for us. Gave us a new form reflecting new test. My suggestion is to just call the civil surgeon's office and ask if you've completed this. They have copies of your forms. Hope this helps. RFIE's are the worst. Especially after the interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/21/2017 at 4:03 PM, Juliak said:

I'm from Boston! 

Hi Juliak, how's it going? Any word on your interview date yet? Our interview is on the 25th of April. 

N400 Timeline

05 May 2020: Application submitted online

06 May 2020: NOA received

28 Sep 2020: Biometric reuse notification

28 Oct 2020: Interview scheduled for 02 Dec 2020 (online notification)

02 Dec 2020: Interview at 9 am in Lawrence, MA (approved)

02 Dec 2020: Naturalization Oath Ceremony

***************************************************************************************

ROC (I-751) Timeline

26 Jan 2019: ROC Window opened

06 Feb 2019: ROC package sent to Lewisville, TX

08 Feb 2019: ROC package delivered 

13 Feb 2019: Received txt msg with receipt # EACxxxxxxx

14 Feb 2019: Check cashed

16 Feb 2019: Received NOA (18 month extenstion letter) from Vermont Service Center

09 Mar 2019: Biometrics appointment letter received

18 Mar 2019: Biometrics appointment

11 Mar 2020: Green Card approved

13 Mar 2020: Card was mailed to me

18 Mar 2020: Received my 10 year Green Card 😀

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys! Is there anyone from Maryland? I got my EAD and AP in December (and successfully traveled using AP in March btw), and the status case on the USCIS web-site hasn't been changed since the end of December (it says that the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview). I checked the processing time for my field office (i guess it's in Baltimore, although Washington DC is closer to me), and it shows April 2016. Seems like i gotta wait for another 6 months at this point...

Also there is a strange moment - the last update on my I-130 form was from October 7th, saying they received my form. So... It just seems odd, that I-485 Application is ready to be scheduled, and I-130 has like no updates at all. 

Filed: Timeline
21 minutes ago, Eternati said:

Hey guys! Is there anyone from Maryland? I got my EAD and AP in December (and successfully traveled using AP in March btw), and the status case on the USCIS web-site hasn't been changed since the end of December (it says that the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview). I checked the processing time for my field office (i guess it's in Baltimore, although Washington DC is closer to me), and it shows April 2016. Seems like i gotta wait for another 6 months at this point...

Also there is a strange moment - the last update on my I-130 form was from October 7th, saying they received my form. So... It just seems odd, that I-485 Application is ready to be scheduled, and I-130 has like no updates at all. 

we're in MD and from Russia as well :)

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, piff said:

we're in MD and from Russia as well :)

I-130 will be updated once you pass an interview, it will be approved, there are no actions in the meantime. I-485 sometimes gets updates such as ready to be scheduled for an interview or may not get anything until the interview is scheduled, unless there is an RFE in between.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
3 hours ago, globalcitizen79 said:

Hi Juliak, how's it going? Any word on your interview date yet? Our interview is on the 25th of April. 

Nope, nothing at all. i'm in F2A category so maybe they are waiitng till my date is current

F-1 visa/status, F2A category - child under 21 yrs old of permanent resident

AOS (i485, i131, i765) package received October 7th 2016

Biometrics appointment November 22nd but did walk-in November 16th

service request December 21st (75th day) - answer case within current processing time

January 6th service request online (91st day)

got answer on January 12th that my case is on hold because they sent me RFIE on November 3rd and I haven't answered yet...I never got any letter, no updates on website, when I was calling them no one told me that they are waiting for answer for RFIE, they kept saying my case is under review

january 26th USCIS received my answer for RFIE

March 10th EAD/AP approved 

March 17th combo card mailed

March 22nd combo card received 

6 minutes ago, Juliak said:

Nope, nothing at all. i'm in F2A category so maybe they are waiitng till my date is current

It's good to see that you have at least your EAD/AP! :D

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Yeah it was such a relief

F-1 visa/status, F2A category - child under 21 yrs old of permanent resident

AOS (i485, i131, i765) package received October 7th 2016

Biometrics appointment November 22nd but did walk-in November 16th

service request December 21st (75th day) - answer case within current processing time

January 6th service request online (91st day)

got answer on January 12th that my case is on hold because they sent me RFIE on November 3rd and I haven't answered yet...I never got any letter, no updates on website, when I was calling them no one told me that they are waiting for answer for RFIE, they kept saying my case is under review

january 26th USCIS received my answer for RFIE

March 10th EAD/AP approved 

March 17th combo card mailed

March 22nd combo card received 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Anyone has any news from someone who filed in October? It is sooo frustrating the whole process. :( since my step-daughter 's process is depending on my husband's... Definitely it is taking a lot longer than we expected 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello guys. We had our interview this morning. Were approved on the spot. The nice officer just checked our documents, asked how we met and thats it. Status changed today from case is ready for interview to-new card being produced.

We sent our aos documents on 25 of october 2016.

Wish everyone goodluck. 

6 February 2014 sent Petition

12 February NOA1 TSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.