andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, lmenko said:

There is a difference between RFIE and RFE. The confirmation by the USCIS officer was probably in regards to an RFE

There is no rhyme or reason behind USCIS madness and confusion.

I got a RFIE and it did not reset my clock. I got my EAD mid Jan after submitting RFIE 13th Dec.

7 hours ago, piff said:

no it does not reset the clock. RFE means that they got to your petition and had some questions/concerns, once the response is received, those are prioritized. Just spoke to L2 USCIS office, and he confirmed. 

You have initial request for evidence and additional. Initial (RFIE) is when your petition lacks a required document (such as tax returns or a forgotten form) Additional (RFE) is when they want to see more evidence/documents regarding your relationship. Please read my response better as where I was talking about a RFIE

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

6 hours ago, Canuck2016 said:

There is no rhyme or reason behind USCIS madness and confusion.

I got a RFIE and it did not reset my clock. I got my EAD mid Jan after submitting RFIE 13th Dec.

I was just quoting the USCIS website of course. It's truly a Russian Roulette when it comes who RFIE and the delays. One doesn't feel a thing and one does.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Just got a notification that a new card is in production for my I-485, looks like won't need an interview!!!

Finally this nightmare is over!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Mimmo75 said:

Just got a notification that a new card is in production for my I-485, looks like won't need an interview!!!

Finally this nightmare is over!

Did you get a letter with potential interview waiver?

F-1 visa/status, F2A category - child under 21 yrs old of permanent resident

AOS (i485, i131, i765) package received October 7th 2016

Biometrics appointment November 22nd but did walk-in November 16th

service request December 21st (75th day) - answer case within current processing time

January 6th service request online (91st day)

got answer on January 12th that my case is on hold because they sent me RFIE on November 3rd and I haven't answered yet...I never got any letter, no updates on website, when I was calling them no one told me that they are waiting for answer for RFIE, they kept saying my case is under review

january 26th USCIS received my answer for RFIE

March 10th EAD/AP approved 

March 17th combo card mailed

March 22nd combo card received 

17 minutes ago, Juliak said:

They haven't been sending those out in a while (at least a year). They're just skipping interviews and changing status from fingerprint fee received to approved

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Juliak said:

Nope, it just changed from fingerprint fee received to New Card Is Being Produced!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mimmo75 said:

Nope, it just changed from fingerprint fee received to New Card Is Being Produced!

What category are you?

i'm F2A (child of permanent resident) and wondering if I'm going to have an interview

F-1 visa/status, F2A category - child under 21 yrs old of permanent resident

AOS (i485, i131, i765) package received October 7th 2016

Biometrics appointment November 22nd but did walk-in November 16th

service request December 21st (75th day) - answer case within current processing time

January 6th service request online (91st day)

got answer on January 12th that my case is on hold because they sent me RFIE on November 3rd and I haven't answered yet...I never got any letter, no updates on website, when I was calling them no one told me that they are waiting for answer for RFIE, they kept saying my case is under review

january 26th USCIS received my answer for RFIE

March 10th EAD/AP approved 

March 17th combo card mailed

March 22nd combo card received 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Juliak said:
5 minutes ago, Mimmo75 said:

What category are you?

i'm F2A (child of permanent resident) and wondering if I'm going to have an interview

I'm on H-1b and this was an EB-2 process 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, megerzzz07 said:

That's awesome! Congrats! Did your case status online update or you only received a letter in the mail? 

My case status updated first and I received my letter yesterday. Thank you!!

Edited by Hopefully coming

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, lmenko said:

There is a difference between RFIE and RFE. The confirmation by the USCIS officer was probably in regards to an RFE

This is true. Happened to me. RFIE will reset completely.... cause it's initial evidence. RFE won't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I haven't been on VisaJourney in so long in order to avoid some of the stress of comparing our timeline to others :wacko: I'm happy to see most everyone's case is moving along! For those who are still in limbo... keep your heads up!

My husband and I had our green card interview yesterday and were approved! Kinda. The computer system was down so he needs to go in again today to do his fingerprints (not biometrics) but she assured us we were approved and will be getting the card in a couple weeks after the fingerprints.

The interview was pretty relaxed and felt more like a conversation than Q&A. She jotted down notes throughout. The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes - but I think she was stretching it in hopes the computer system would come back up, haha. 

We were sworn in and then she collected our IDs. She had my husband confirm our names and address. She had our AOS application with her in our file and seemed to know it inside and out. The first question she asked was if I was making the same income as when we applied. She then asked about our wedding, who attended, where, and how many people. My husband told her we brought pictures of the ceremony and reception and she asked to see them. She had him point out who was who. She also asked to see our every day pictures we brought. She recognized some of the places in our pictures and told us we picked good travel spots around our state. 

I had spent two years in my husbands country before he came here and she asked a lot of questions about that - but it seemed more our of interest than obligation of asking questions. She asked how our cultures are different, how did I get along with the community in his country, how locals reacted to our relationship. She shared she has traveled to many countries and often felt the same way I did while abroad. I think she talked so long about this to see that our marriage included both of our cultures and not just the American side.

She asked if we had any joint accounts - banking, purchases, assets. We told her we brought our joint bank account information, joint tax returns, pay stubs with automatic deposits into our joint account, our cell phones contract, housing rental agreement. She collected EVERYTHING. She didn't look at it but added it directly into our file. She complimented me on how organize I was (this just made me beam with pride, ;)). I told her I was a bit nervous that I over did it and she laughed and said it was perfect and not to worry about someone once prepared a whole formal presentation and tried to deliver it. I would suggested if you're bringing evidence to not place it in plastic sleeves (I did this even though I've read not to when sending applications by mail. I just couldn't risk my husband crinkling/ripping any paper - like he always does). It took time to take each thing out and hand it over. If you have really bad OCD, like me, I would bring your binder/file/whatever with everything organized how you like AND extra copies just paper clipped together to easily hand over. 

Overall it was a really nice interview. I felt like I stressed for the month prior for nothing. She asked everything we already knew - typical things we live daily (where we live, how often we talk to our family) none of the odd "who sleeps on what side of the bed" or "what did your wife eat for breakfast two days ago" questions. 

My best advice for anyone is try not to go into the interview sounding too rehearsed. They're looking to see if you have a marriage that flows with natural chemistry and interaction. Best of luck to everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, AMW said:

I haven't been on VisaJourney in so long in order to avoid some of the stress of comparing our timeline to others :wacko: I'm happy to see most everyone's case is moving along! For those who are still in limbo... keep your heads up!

My husband and I had our green card interview yesterday and were approved! Kinda. The computer system was down so he needs to go in again today to do his fingerprints (not biometrics) but she assured us we were approved and will be getting the card in a couple weeks after the fingerprints.

The interview was pretty relaxed and felt more like a conversation than Q&A. She jotted down notes throughout. The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes - but I think she was stretching it in hopes the computer system would come back up, haha. 

We were sworn in and then she collected our IDs. She had my husband confirm our names and address. She had our AOS application with her in our file and seemed to know it inside and out. The first question she asked was if I was making the same income as when we applied. She then asked about our wedding, who attended, where, and how many people. My husband told her we brought pictures of the ceremony and reception and she asked to see them. She had him point out who was who. She also asked to see our every day pictures we brought. She recognized some of the places in our pictures and told us we picked good travel spots around our state. 

I had spent two years in my husbands country before he came here and she asked a lot of questions about that - but it seemed more our of interest than obligation of asking questions. She asked how our cultures are different, how did I get along with the community in his country, how locals reacted to our relationship. She shared she has traveled to many countries and often felt the same way I did while abroad. I think she talked so long about this to see that our marriage included both of our cultures and not just the American side.

She asked if we had any joint accounts - banking, purchases, assets. We told her we brought our joint bank account information, joint tax returns, pay stubs with automatic deposits into our joint account, our cell phones contract, housing rental agreement. She collected EVERYTHING. She didn't look at it but added it directly into our file. She complimented me on how organize I was (this just made me beam with pride, ;)). I told her I was a bit nervous that I over did it and she laughed and said it was perfect and not to worry about someone once prepared a whole formal presentation and tried to deliver it. I would suggested if you're bringing evidence to not place it in plastic sleeves (I did this even though I've read not to when sending applications by mail. I just couldn't risk my husband crinkling/ripping any paper - like he always does). It took time to take each thing out and hand it over. If you have really bad OCD, like me, I would bring your binder/file/whatever with everything organized how you like AND extra copies just paper clipped together to easily hand over. 

Overall it was a really nice interview. I felt like I stressed for the month prior for nothing. She asked everything we already knew - typical things we live daily (where we live, how often we talk to our family) none of the odd "who sleeps on what side of the bed" or "what did your wife eat for breakfast two days ago" questions. 

My best advice for anyone is try not to go into the interview sounding too rehearsed. They're looking to see if you have a marriage that flows with natural chemistry and interaction. Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats, I really enjoyed reading your review that part about your husband wrinkling the papers made me laugh remind of my own smh men lol.

I-485

[Day 01 ] October 4 - Status "Fingerprint fee received"

[Day 36 ] November 9 - Biometric Appointment

[Day 37 ] November 10 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 41 ] November 14 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 44 ] November 17 - Mailed off Response

[Day 47 ] November 21 - Status Changed to ''Response to USCIS request for evidence was received'

[Day 57 ] December 01 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 61 ] November 05 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 68 ] December 07 - Mailed off Response

I-765

[Day 1 ] October 4 - Status "Case was received"

[Day 1/57] December 01 - Form I-765 will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the requested evidence :cry:

[Day 58] December 7 - No updates :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.