andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
6 hours ago, Canuck2016 said:

Quiet here today. Looks like all the immigration officers working at the airports and not updating any cases,

:(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, rostofer said:

Indeed, I guess that's a possibility. Are there many/any people on this thread who are still waiting for their EAD?

My EAD case was finally updated to "New Card Is Being Produced" on Sat 28th (day 103 since NOA). I'm still waiting for updates on AOS and AP, I'm hoping I will find the AP is combined with the EAD when it arrives.

No update on USCIS case tracker for my AP but EAD card arrived and is combo card. I suspect if there was a problem with your AP then that would be updated on the site.

Just cannot figure the rational behind USCIS updating the case tracker

Had a successful job interview yesterday, my congresswoman is busy with the NBC to see if all can speed up. October filers are waiting way too long.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Samoa
Timeline
On 01/27/2017 at 9:02 PM, kayflex said:

Thanks. just checked the update now. Card has been sent to my address.;)......

I just received approved letter stating card would be sent differently. How long will the card be send again?

Timeline
On 01/26/2017 at 6:21 AM, kayflex said:

Whaooo great. What kind of application is yours? Wish i have similar. Or its miracle. Lol

I just received approval letter but stated ead card will be send seperately. Do you have idea how soon?base on your experience

Timeline
1 hour ago, kayflex said:

I just received approval letter but stated ead card will be send seperately. Do you have idea how soon?base on your experience

I received card before the letter as the card was sent Priority post and the letter was sent regular mail

Timeline

Oh realy? Was the card sent via usps or diff courier service. I just received the letter no card though. I hope all is well.just curious

6 hours ago, Canuck2016 said:

No update on USCIS case tracker for my AP but EAD card arrived and is combo card. I suspect if there was a problem with your AP then that would be updated on the site.

Just cannot figure the rational behind USCIS updating the case tracker

Good point, hopefully that is the case. Although you are right, the case tracker updates do seem rather arbitrary, so not sure they can be trusted. I went into my local field office last week for an INFOPASS appointment and the officer told me he could see that my AOS was "ready to be scheduled for interview", however the case tracker online still says "On October 17, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485". So clearly there is some discrepancy or delay in updating going on between their internal system and what is available via the USCIS website.

It would be some peace of mind at least if there was an intermediate update between "On October 13, 2016, we received your Form I-765" and "Card being produced", such as "Biometrics received/processed", "Case assigned to an officer" or "Case under review". This would at least provide some feedback to people who are otherwise bound to get restless and wonder what the hold up is.

Edited by rostofer

AoS timeline
10/11/2016 sent
 I-485, I-131 and I-765 via Fedex overnight
10/13/2016 tracking reported as delivered (also the date shown as received on My USCIS website)
10/18/2016 email/txt notification of receipt of application (Notice of Action I-797 in the post)
10/28/2016 received NOA for biometrics appt
11/07/2016 biometrics appt

01/28/2017 online status for EAD updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Canuck2016 said:

I received card before the letter as the card was sent Priority post and the letter was sent regular mail

Do we request fot a piority post or they do that automatically? I see nothing yet

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Canuck2016 said:

Do we request fot a piority post or they do that automatically? I see nothing yet

Timeline
1 minute ago, kayflex said:

EAD card are sent Priority post by default. Did you sign up on USPS for MY USPS ... That way you will get notification of a tracked item heading to your address.

18 hours ago, Shaj33 said:

Still no update for me , haven't had any update since dec 07,2016 when I sent in my RFE response . I submitted a service request and was told they are running behind because of the load of application but the delay has nothing to do with my process ? Giving it until feb 15 to update , if not I'm contacting my congresswoman. Congrats on getting yours ???

Thanks Shaj33, when I went in for an Infopass appointment the officer at my local field office (Detroit) also mentioned they were experiencing backlogs (not sure if he meant specifically at the Detroit office or centrally though). He said instead of the usual 90 days it's taking them up to 120 days from the date of Biometrics. I was told this last week on 25th Jan (day 100 since NOA and day 80 for me since Biometrics). So I went away thinking I could potentially have another 40 days to wait! However I was pleasantly surprised to at least get the EAD update over the weekend. The AoS I don't mind waiting for so much, it's the ability to find work and travel that is my main concern (as I imagine applies to most people in this situation).

Edited by rostofer

AoS timeline
10/11/2016 sent
 I-485, I-131 and I-765 via Fedex overnight
10/13/2016 tracking reported as delivered (also the date shown as received on My USCIS website)
10/18/2016 email/txt notification of receipt of application (Notice of Action I-797 in the post)
10/28/2016 received NOA for biometrics appt
11/07/2016 biometrics appt

01/28/2017 online status for EAD updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

Timeline
1 hour ago, Canuck2016 said:

EAD card are sent Priority post by default. Did you sign up on USPS for MY USPS ... That way you will get notification of a tracked item heading to your address.

I don't have a tracking.

Hi guys, I had an i-485 interview today and it was smooth and successful! everything was done in about 15 minutes.

So we were called about 30 minutes later than the appointment date, and the officer first wanted to see both our ids. He asked if he could get a copy of my husband's passport (USC). He then asked for proof of relationship documents (we brought about 20 pictures, joint bank accounts, joint health/car insurance, travel confirmations from recent vacations together, and joint phone bills.)

After that he asked basic questions to me, the applicant, about my name, BOD, address, where I was born, parents name, and my husband's name and BOD. Then he went through all the yes/no questions on if I have been a spy/prostitute/terrorist/former prisoner stuff.

I have entered the US with a J-1 visa in 2015, and was under a 2 year home residency rule, but I got a waiver on that. (This time I entered with a K-1.)

He pointed out that a 2-year-rule applied to my J-1 visa, so I told him that I got a waiver, showed him the original waiver approval letter and gave him a copy.

Then he said "Everything looks good" and that the case will be under review, and the letter will be coming within a month. But after like 10 minutes my case status updated to "New card is being produced" so yay on that!! :)

Like every other applicant I prepared so many extra things haha. an IRS report, recent paystubs, employment letter, even finally updated the address on my husband's drivers license, and a sealed I-693 after getting another MMR shot and a flu shot. (In the packet I only sent a ds-3025.)

Apparently it seems like 1 MMR shot is accepted from my experience, since I didn't get an RFE, and I wasn't asked for an I-693 with a second MMR even at the interview.

So anyways I'm glad that the interview went fine. I'm sure all the October filers will get a good news any minute, and I genuinely hope that!  

AOS Packet (I-485, AP, EAD)

2016.10.11 Documents sent

2016.10.12 Documents received to Chicago lockbox

2016.10.25 NOA1 text & email / Biometrics fee received

2016.10.29 NOA1 letters in mail

2016.11.04 Biometrics Letter received & Biometrics done! (originally scheduled for 2016.11.14)

2016.12.09 I-485: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

2016.12.23 Interview scheduled to 2017.1.31

2017.1.12 EAD and AP approved (EAD status was first "New card being produced" then soon changed to "Case Approved")

2017.1.17 EAD and AP approval letter in hand 

2017.1.31 I-485 Interview & Status says "'New card being produced" :)

ROC

2018.11.03 Documents sent via USPS Priority Express

2018.11.05 Documents delivered to Texas

2018.12.11 NOA1 Extension Letter received

2019.07.12 Biometrics Letter received - appt date 07.25

Timeline
2 hours ago, Canuck2016 said:

How do i track when there is no tracking num?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.