TandD2016

I-129F October 2016 Filers (merged thread)

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well this is the best news I've heard. Very impressive.

According to your time line it took only 21 days to approve plus another 6 to get the NOA 2 to you.

Did you find out earlier in the week via Text or email or USCIS App that is was approved or is the NOA 2 hard copy letter your first knowledge?

Maybe you mentioned that in an earlier post. Sorry hard for me to keep up with everyone.

Anyway a big Congratulations to you both.

What did your better half in PI say when you told her the news that your petition was approved?

I checked my prior NOA 1 and NOA 2 and you are correct. It only says Philippines on NOA 1 so nothing to worry about.

Oh. Make a COPY of the NOA 2 and keep it in separate location. Scan it to your computer if you can. It is an important document that is extremely hard to replace and will be needed by

your fiancee in Manila during processing.

For now you get to sit for at least another 2 weeks maybe even 4 while waiting for NVC to get your file.

I would start calling them every day on day 12 or 14 to get your MLN number which is what is needed to start the rest of the process.

In the mean time go hang out at the Philippines Forum here and read the "guides" at the top of this web site regarding K-1's and Philippines.

Your heavy lifting is just about done. Now your lady gets to take over from here with your guidance.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I did get the notification via text ahead of time for the NOA2 being sent out, I've just been busy also with work and I'm also working on my BSN and haven't been keeping up immediately with the timeline and posts :) Boy I'm glad we have VisaJourney, what a help it's been!

I will scan it to my computer today then, good idea and yes she was very happy to hear the news! I got a chance to read up more and studied the next steps...really just waiting game since I can get all the documents easily enough for I-134.

So I'll send her all my info I've used so far and does she need the original copy with my wet signature of I-134, or can it be a copy?

And again, thanks Jim for your help...much appreciated

Timeline

Awesome, thanks so much!

The petitioner (fiance) will be coming here in a few weeks so I will make sure he brings ALL that with him!

You seem to know what you're talking about - any other insider tips? ;)

Only one but not really an insider tip just general rule for all going through this process.

Years ago a very good friend of mine who has since passed away once told me that most of what we worry about never even happens ( I had to edit this after reading LOL. Yes most things except Death and Taxes ) and it is very true.

Focus on the positive, think positively but at the same time due diligence just like you and nearly everyone here on this board is doing.

Read everything you send to USCIS/Embassy etc. twice then have another set of eyes look at it as well.

Have a great weekend.

You are so fortunate to have a fiance from a country that he can actually just come to USA to visit you it really does make the process easier.

Jim

Edited by JimJesDuma

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all. Received text on 11/09 for NOA2, that's 22 days after NOA1. Waiting for the hard copy. I'm excited, but still nervous that I still haven't received a correction notification about my fiance name being misspelled. Anyhow, I'm enjoying reading about everyone's progress so far.

K-1 VISA

10/14/16-1-129F application mailed to Dallas, TX

10/21/16-NOA1 via text and email

10/31/16-NOA1 hard copy received, name misspelled, contacted USCIS

11/09/16-NOA2. Received text stating case was updated. Checked USCIS website, case listed as approved

12/07/16-NVC case number received

12/08/16-CEAC status: READY

01/25/17-Medical completed

02/21/17-Interview-approved pending medical 

03/02/17-Visa issued

03/09/17-Visa in hand

05/12/17-POE-Atlanta

06/17/17-Wedding 

AOS

07/01/17-AOS, EAD, and AP application mailed to Chicago, IL via USPS

07/05/17-Packet delivered

07/19/17-3 text/email for AOS, EAD, and AP

07/24/17-NOA1 Hardcopy of AOS,EAD,AP received in mail

07/28/17-Received biometrics appointment letter

08/10/17-Biometrics appointment-completed for AOS & EAD

10/04/17-EAD/AP approved

10/10/17-Received approval letter for EAD/AP 

10/13/17-Received EAD/AP card in mail

03/12/18-Green card interview. Approved on the spot

03/17/18-Received green card in the mail.  

Timeline

Thank you Jim, theres nothing i can do for now but wait for the RFE hard copy and provide them of what else they need from us to prove our relationship.. Goodluck to all of us!

You can start gathering the info that I listed in my prior response to you. Won't hurt.

Jim

Timeline

I am worried I have an RFE on more evidence of the relationship but I do not have any message from uscis nor a hard copy I am concerned

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

We have an RFE MORE EVIDENCE OF THE RELATIONSHIP HOW LONG TIME DELAYS To approve the NOA2 ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How did you learn of the RFE from the website or USCIS phone app?
You should receive the HARD copy RFE within 5-10 days of the electronic / web notice.
Once you respond they should make a decision within 7-21 days on average but it could take longer.
Try not to worry this whole process is a waiting game.
Do what they ask and you will be fine.
Make sure your mail to your home is secure don't let it sit in the box if it is unlocked over night.
Go through all of your mail even the junk mail to insure your RFE isn't shuffled with junk mail that might just get tossed out.
Just common sense stuff here.
Hang in there buddy you will be fine.
Jim

Only one but not really an insider tip just general rule for all going through this process.

Years ago a very good friend of mine who has since passed away once told me that most of what we worry about never even happens ( I had to edit this after reading LOL. Yes most things except Death and Taxes ) and it is very true.

Focus on the positive, think positively but at the same time due diligence just like you and nearly everyone here on this board is doing.

Read everything you send to USCIS/Embassy etc. twice then have another set of eyes look at it as well.

Have a great weekend.

You are so fortunate to have a fiance from a country that he can actually just come to USA to visit you it really does make the process easier.

Jim

Thank you!

Actually, I am the foreign fianceé (South African), my U.S. fiancé (the petitioner) will be coming to visit me in a few weeks, bringing his whole family too for a little non-legal wedding celebration before I move away.

Have a great weekend!

Timeline

Thanks Jim,

I did get the notification via text ahead of time for the NOA2 being sent out, I've just been busy also with work and I'm also working on my BSN and haven't been keeping up immediately with the timeline and posts :) Boy I'm glad we have VisaJourney, what a help it's been!

I will scan it to my computer today then, good idea and yes she was very happy to hear the news! I got a chance to read up more and studied the next steps...really just waiting game since I can get all the documents easily enough for I-134.

So I'll send her all my info I've used so far and does she need the original copy with my wet signature of I-134, or can it be a copy?

And again, thanks Jim for your help...much appreciated

Oh BSN nice field of study is she in the medical field as well?

Yes VJ is invaluable. I'm not sure how they make money here I'm not seeing any ads. Not complaining though..lol

You can send a scanned copy with your signature but a wet is preferred. I would do both.

Jim, and happy to help. Many have helped me in the past here as well.

Timeline

Hey all. Received text on 11/09 for NOA2, that's 22 days after NOA1. Waiting for the hard copy. I'm excited, but still nervous that I still haven't received a correction notification about my fiance name being misspelled. Anyhow, I'm enjoying reading about everyone's progress so far.

That was incredibly fast so :dancing: congrats!

How did you notify them that the name was misspelled? Did you call them or do it through mail.

Who's fault was is (not sure if it matters) Did you type the name wrong :oops: on your form or did they key it in incorrectly :ranting: ?

If it's their fault and you can prove it then less likely to be a problem for the two of you later down the road.

Here is what I would do. If your NOA 2 has the wrong name as well then make sure you get that resolved because that paper or a photo copy of it is what the Embassy will need during the interview.

You will likely be sitting at NVC for several weeks so you have plenty of time to get it straightened out.

Let us know how it goes and if they respond to your initial request to fix it.

More than likely they approved your I-129F before they even matched up the name change request. Just speculation though.

Congrats again :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you. I discussed my issue in a previous post in this thread. The error was made on their part, someone typed in the information incorrectly. When I called USCIS, they told me to wait 30 days for a response, thus, I was shocked that they approved the application before fixing the error. I called again since the application was approved and I'm still being told I have to wait 30 days. I told the representative it's pointless to send the wrong information to NVC when I've already alerted them to the mistake, I was told it can take 60 days before NVC receive the file. So I'll just sit and wait and hope they don't continue processing with the wrong information.

That was incredibly fast so :dancing: congrats!

How did you notify them that the name was misspelled? Did you call them or do it through mail.

Who's fault was is (not sure if it matters) Did you type the name wrong :oops: on your form or did they key it in incorrectly :ranting: ?

If it's their fault and you can prove it then less likely to be a problem for the two of you later down the road.

Here is what I would do. If your NOA 2 has the wrong name as well then make sure you get that resolved because that paper or a photo copy of it is what the Embassy will need during the interview.

You will likely be sitting at NVC for several weeks so you have plenty of time to get it straightened out.

Let us know how it goes and if they respond to your initial request to fix it.

More than likely they approved your I-129F before they even matched up the name change request. Just speculation though.

Congrats again :dancing:

K-1 VISA

10/14/16-1-129F application mailed to Dallas, TX

10/21/16-NOA1 via text and email

10/31/16-NOA1 hard copy received, name misspelled, contacted USCIS

11/09/16-NOA2. Received text stating case was updated. Checked USCIS website, case listed as approved

12/07/16-NVC case number received

12/08/16-CEAC status: READY

01/25/17-Medical completed

02/21/17-Interview-approved pending medical 

03/02/17-Visa issued

03/09/17-Visa in hand

05/12/17-POE-Atlanta

06/17/17-Wedding 

AOS

07/01/17-AOS, EAD, and AP application mailed to Chicago, IL via USPS

07/05/17-Packet delivered

07/19/17-3 text/email for AOS, EAD, and AP

07/24/17-NOA1 Hardcopy of AOS,EAD,AP received in mail

07/28/17-Received biometrics appointment letter

08/10/17-Biometrics appointment-completed for AOS & EAD

10/04/17-EAD/AP approved

10/10/17-Received approval letter for EAD/AP 

10/13/17-Received EAD/AP card in mail

03/12/18-Green card interview. Approved on the spot

03/17/18-Received green card in the mail.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Any early October filers hear anything from the NVC yet? It's been a week since NOA2 so I haven't called them yet. I'm curious to know whether it's taking them 3-4 weeks to assign case numbers, as some have suggested.

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hello. My fiancé and I filed our I-129f the ending of October. Received the noa1 already but waiting on our noa2. My question is if anyone has any information about the US embassy in Qatar and their k1 process once our packet is transfered to the embassy there. Thanks in advance

Timeline

Hello. My fiancé and I filed our I-129f the ending of October. Received the noa1 already but waiting on our noa2. My question is if anyone has any information about the US embassy in Qatar and their k1 process once our packet is transfered to the embassy there. Thanks in advance

HI, I have not experience with Qatar but you may want to type "Qatar K-1" in the search button located in the upper right hand corner of this page.

Here is their website for direct access hope this leads you to the answers you are looking for or someone else here can help you.

Jim

https://qa.usembassy.gov/visas/

Timeline

Thank you. I discussed my issue in a previous post in this thread. The error was made on their part, someone typed in the information incorrectly. When I called USCIS, they told me to wait 30 days for a response, thus, I was shocked that they approved the application before fixing the error. I called again since the application was approved and I'm still being told I have to wait 30 days. I told the representative it's pointless to send the wrong information to NVC when I've already alerted them to the mistake, I was told it can take 60 days before NVC receive the file. So I'll just sit and wait and hope they don't continue processing with the wrong information.

Wow 60 days? I thing someone there is trying to get people to stop calling. I seriously doubt you will be waiting more than 30 days.

Let us know what happens. I think the folks answering the phones at USCIS have no access to actual case data or at least no ability to make any updates or changes.

Seems like they just give standard answers without researching any actual files.

Hang in there.

Jim

Timeline

It can be 5-10 days. I would not be too concerned. You will likely have it by Monday if not Saturday (No mail tomorrow 1/11 and very little USCIS activity as well do to Veteran's day Federal Holiday)

Have you been receiving any mail lately at your mailbox?

Do you have a copy of the petition that you sent in, I would make sure that the address is correct that you gave them.

You can change the address if you want but it's taking on average 30-45 days for NOA 2 so they may approve your case before they even have a chance to match your address change up with your case.

If it were me I would just leave the address unless you are in a high crime area for postal theft or something.

Having said that is is important to note that the NOA 1 hard copy is not that important but the NOA 2 Notice of approval is and your Fiancee in Manila will likely need that during the US Embassy process.

So what ever your mail situation be sure to do what ever is need to get a hard copy of the NOA 2.

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Jim

Thank you Jim, you're so helpful!

I just reviewed our documents and I don't know if this is something I should be worried about but this is the only "error" I saw on the Cover letter page,

MILITARY RD

SOUTH FEDERAL WAY, WA

For my address, it should be MILITARY RD SOUTH then FEDERAL WAY, WA but apart from this I don't see any errors with regards to the address. Would they be that finicky that this could cause a problem with the mail getting delivered on time? I actually just moved to my current apartment last August but I only set up my mailbox recently when we got the NOA1 electronic notice.

K1 VISA
10/27/16....I-129F mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lockbox - per USPS (4 days)

11/04/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to California Service Center (4 days)

12/31/2016...Received hard copy of NOA1 (Dated Dec 16) (57 days)

01/19/2017...NOA2 Approval (18 days since receipt of NOA1 hard copy)

01/24/2017...NOA2 Hard copy received (6 days)

02/04/2017...MNL Case number received via email (11 days)

02/22/2017...Case status "Ready"

03/16 - 3/24/2017...Medical appointment

03/30/2017...Interview scheduled/approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.