1,666 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hello guys, I'm an OCt 2017 I-751 filer. I'm reaching out to this thread since most of you went through this already since you all are 1 year ahead of me. Does anyone know for sure what this line means?

image.png.8602e3edaed50b630e5d2e4b571c890e.png

Ref: https://www.uscis.gov/n-400 (section: where to file)

I may have to be out of the country for work for a 1.5 months and that coincides with the initial 90 day window I can apply for N400. I live in the US and just happen to be traveling during that week. Is it saying that I cannot apply online? I could not find any other documentation elaborating more on this? I wonder if that statement goes along with the first statement about applying based on military service...Thought... anyone?

Thank you,

Dave

6 minutes ago, BECCA123 said:

Ugggh, Got approved in April and I still haven't gotten my card. After many phone calls and 2 service requests. I received the notice below. I'm confused and frustrated. 

Capture.PNG

Omgosh!! I have never heard of this happening before. Did you change anything since your approval. Ie address, get a devoice?

Wow. I'm sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated on what happens next. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BECCA123 said:

The only thing I changed was my address. I'm just lost at this point. 

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. 

It's been awhile since your approval in April and you've never gotten your green card (you should've received it by now), I hope this "we re-opened your case) means they are just doing a quick review before they send you another green card in place of "lost" one.. 

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone 

We received a response for our service request. We are September 2016 I751 filers and have also filed an N400. The service request says that both cases will be adjudicated together and it is within standard processing time. It's at least reassuring that by the end of the process my wife will become a US citizen!

On 8/2/2018 at 7:34 AM, JohnInTX said:

It is an extension of the date on the conditional green card..

So in December 2017 when my conditional Green Card + 12 months extension was about to expire I made an Infopass appointment at my local office.

There I received a paper I-551 and was told when asked to show them together.

My paper I-551 is valid until December 2018, and the IO told me in case it expires to make a new appointment to extend the date once more.

Have not seen the 18 months extension letter and in my case (December 14th 2016 + 18 months = June 15th 2018) would not be helpful as that one would have expired before I received it.

Will go to my interview in about two weeks and will see what happens.

John

Hi @JohnInTX,

I've been following your case as it is somewhat similar to mine (I got divorce though).

I got the notice that my case was transferred to NBC back in June 26 and haven't gotten any news since then (apart from the same extension letter that you also got that doesn't really apply for us who are way pass 18months of expiration date from original GC).

When/how did you requested for an update in your case? I think thats how you finally got some movement in your case and they sent you the interview appointment.

was it an e-request through the USCIS website? (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do)

As I said I received their notice of "case transferred to NBC so an interview is scheduled" in June 26, 2018

I applied for ROC November 28, 2016 so it has been 21 months

When I check in the California processing time for I751 they have "Receipt date for a case inquiry November 29, 2016) so im guessing I can do this request right now.

Thank you

Edited by AH&JH

2 hours ago, AH&JH said:

Hi @JohnInTX,

I've been following your case as it is somewhat similar to mine (I got divorce though).

I got the notice that my case was transferred to NBC back in June 26 and haven't gotten any news since then (apart from the same extension letter that you also got that doesn't really apply for us who are way pass 18months of expiration date from original GC).

When/how did you requested for an update in your case? I think thats how you finally got some movement in your case and they sent you the interview appointment.

was it an e-request through the USCIS website? (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do)

As I said I received their notice of "case transferred to NBC so an interview is scheduled" in June 26, 2018

I applied for ROC November 28, 2016 so it has been 21 months

When I check in the California processing time for I751 they have "Receipt date for a case inquiry November 29, 2016) so im guessing I can do this request right now.

Thank you

Hi, at first my letter said so an interview can be scheduled and the extension letter I never received.

I did regularly check the process times and at that time it was 17-19 months.

My case was transferred May1st and 61 days after that I started the inquiry on July 2nd I think.

You see that link for the inquiry I think only when you have an online account.

Meanwhile the timeline was updated so I received a message that it was still in the process window.

Tomorrow will be the day of my interview so have my fingers crossed.

John

6 hours ago, mangool said:

Hi everyone 

We received a response for our service request. We are September 2016 I751 filers and have also filed an N400. The service request says that both cases will be adjudicated together and it is within standard processing time. It's at least reassuring that by the end of the process my wife will become a US citizen!

We got the same response a couple weeks ago.  I guess that means we're on the N400 timetable now?

9 hours ago, BECCA123 said:

Ugggh, Got approved in April and I still haven't gotten my card. After many phone calls and 2 service requests. I received the notice below. I'm confused and frustrated. 

Capture.PNG

Don't be. You are 100% ok. Unless you have something in your case which am sure you don't since you already approved once with your conditional card and another for the permanent one. As to that note i saw this happen recently to at least 2 people and it means absolutely nothing. It might mean that they must open your file again to be able to produce new card for you. But it doesnt mean what the text shows.They are reproducing your card and thats whats important. Good news for you i have no doubt. Good luck

3 hours ago, Waiting4mygreenn said:

Don't be. You are 100% ok. Unless you have something in your case which am sure you don't since you already approved once with your conditional card and another for the permanent one. As to that note i saw this happen recently to at least 2 people and it means absolutely nothing. It might mean that they must open your file again to be able to produce new card for you. But it doesnt mean what the text shows.They are reproducing your card and thats whats important. Good news for you i have no doubt. Good luck

Thank you for your kind words. I will wait and see if they mail anything and maybe visit the local office if I don't get anything from them. 

13 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

Hi, at first my letter said so an interview can be scheduled and the extension letter I never received.

I did regularly check the process times and at that time it was 17-19 months.

My case was transferred May1st and 61 days after that I started the inquiry on July 2nd I think.

You see that link for the inquiry I think only when you have an online account.

Meanwhile the timeline was updated so I received a message that it was still in the process window.

Tomorrow will be the day of my interview so have my fingers crossed.

John

Good luck with your interview today @JohnInTX 

Let us know how it goes, crossing my fingers that you get a really nice officer :)

On 8/15/2018 at 9:03 AM, BECCA123 said:

Capture.PNG

Hey, sorry to hear you still haven't received it neither have I lol. I requested an expedite on 6/15 on my I-90 but haven't heard from them since. This is the last history update I see on my status. 

Case History

• 06/15/2018
    sign_icon.png

On June 15, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXX  was completed.

• 06/15/2018
    sign_icon.png

On June 15, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXX

• 06/14/2018
    sign_icon.png

On June 14, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

Edited by AnGeLxX

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

10 hours ago, AH&JH said:

Good luck with your interview today @JohnInTX 

Let us know how it goes, crossing my fingers that you get a really nice officer :)

Had to reschedule... to be continued in 14 days.

John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.