1,666 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Chinyou01 said:

Hi all, just another quick update. 

I just received a letter in the mail which was a notice of transfer. They transferred my case to the NBC. Does anyone have any experience with this? I haven’t applied for anything other than ROC. 

i saw someone else who got this and i think they were in line for an interview. i could be wrong though. good luck x

I-171:

October 17, 2016: Notice of Action

December 8, 2016: Biometrics

March 4, 2018: Case Moved to local office

June 4, 2018: I made inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, I recived a reply on June 11, 2018: 

"We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case. We cannot predict when we will receive the results of these security checks. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision in your case as soon as the security checks are complete."

So frustrating. Anyone else have this issue?

4 hours ago, rosytorres19 said:

Hello guys ! 

My USCIS account provided me with an update and the Tracking Number...  my GC is finally arriving on Monday. 

Do they just drop it off in the mail box or do they need a signature ? 

Thank you 

They will drop it off in your mail box without a signature. Congratulation..

No updates yet since the transfer to another office last month. But I got a notification in my N-400 application for testing and interview next month. Hopefully, they will interview me at the same time for the pending ROC . Anyone on the same boat ? I passed my N-400 application in late October  2017

My case was transferred to the NBC on May 1st. Meanwhile 56 days and counting.

Around my case number there are 16 others that were transferred to another office that has now jurisdiction and this number hasn't changed in the last month. Not sure if they were all transferred to the NBC though. Seems process has stalled once again.

My letter stated to schedule an interview.

Patiently waiting.... 

Would it help a lot if I would start an inquiry after the 60 days have expired?

John

On 6/23/2018 at 1:17 AM, Huckyfinn said:

They will drop it off in your mail box without a signature. Congratulation..

Thought they had changed that recently to be signed for.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-begin-using-more-secure-mail-delivery-service

Edited by JohnInTX
added some info

On 6/22/2018 at 6:01 AM, Chinyou01 said:

Hi all, just another quick update. 

I just received a letter in the mail which was a notice of transfer. They transferred my case to the NBC. Does anyone have any experience with this? I haven’t applied for anything other than ROC. 

Have the same, my case was transferred May 1st to NBC. Letter stated to schedule an interview.

John

On 6/15/2018 at 3:56 PM, Chinyou01 said:

Hi, after frantically looking this up on other forums it seems like a lot of people have gotten the “sent to your local office” message, yet when they made an infopass and talked to someone the person they spoke to said it was a glitch and that their case was still at CSC. Out of all the pages of people who got this message, nobody got an interview so I’m crossing my fingers that mine is also a part of this glitch. When I search my case # with EAC the date changes to 03/30 that it was sent to my local office, but with WAC it says 06/14. Who knows what they’re doing over there....I’m just ready for this to be over with.

The received by local office is most likely a wrong statement, it comes down more or less that at the center where you filed you case was taken out of a dusty storage and they started working on your case again.

My local office notice was Feb 26 2018

March 29 2018 RFE, April 9 2018 Answer to RFE received and May 1st transferred to NBC.

No action since than...

John

33 minutes ago, JohnInTX said:

The received by local office is most likely a wrong statement, it comes down more or less that at the center where you filed you case was taken out of a dusty storage and they started working on your case again.

March 29 2018 RFE, April 9 2018 Answer to RFE received and May 1st transferred to NBC.

No action since than...

John

John,

After you replied to the REF they then transferred your case for an interview? Is that the normal process? Did you file an N400? I have a ref in the mail. So I expect an interview after I reply to the ref?

10 hours ago, Val2014 said:

John,

After you replied to the REF they then transferred your case for an interview? Is that the normal process? Did you file an N400? I have a ref in the mail. So I expect an interview after I reply to the ref?

Yes indeed, they transferred to the NBC after my RFE answer was received.

Maybe the evidence was not convincing enough and is that the reason they transferred it.

Others have been transferred too to the NBC but not everyone has had the letter stating to schedule an interview.

Don't know if this is a normal process.

I didn't file for the N400 yet as I thought I first had to have the GC. So was kind of in the assumption that renewal if GC after 2 years and than 3 more for N400.

Read in this forum I could have done it sooner. So far haven't filed yet too.

John

1 hour ago, JohnInTX said:

Maybe the evidence was not convincing enough and is that the reason they transferred it.

Others have been transferred too to the NBC but not everyone has had the letter stating to schedule an interview.

I didn't file for the N400 yet as I thought I first had to have the GC. So was kind of in the assumption that renewal if GC after 2 years and than 3 more for N400.

John

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. So you actually got a physical letter?

What information did you sent do you mind if i ask. And also what information did they ask for.

This process is  never ending!

13 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

No action since than...

John

Oh no...I hope I don’t have an interview. I’m an October 2016 filer. When am I able to inquire about it being past normal processing times?

2 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

John

My letter also says it as transferred to schedule an interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.