1,666 posts in this topic

yeah i got one of those a while back when it was supposed to be a glitch in the system. I am not sure about recently so it may have happened again to other folks. good luck! you should not have long to wait now! keep us updated. And i would for sure call up about the other case you were sent!

Edited by fred123
made a mistake

2 hours ago, Chinyou01 said:

Hi, after frantically looking this up on other forums it seems like a lot of people have gotten the “sent to your local office” message, yet when they made an infopass and talked to someone the person they spoke to said it was a glitch and that their case was still at CSC. Out of all the pages of people who got this message, nobody got an interview so I’m crossing my fingers that mine is also a part of this glitch. When I search my case # with EAC the date changes to 03/30 that it was sent to my local office, but with WAC it says 06/14. Who knows what they’re doing over there....I’m just ready for this to be over with.

yeah i got one of those a while back when it was supposed to be a glitch in the system. I am not sure about recently so it may have happened again to other folks. good luck! you should not have long to wait now! keep us updated. And i would for sure call up about the other case you were sent!

Hi, today I just had the email from Uscis, they says "
On 04/28/2018 we approved your Form I-751 and sent an Approval Notice to the most recent address we have on file. The U.S. Postal Service has not returned your Approval Notice to this office.  Your card was not completed due to system glitch.  However, we have recently sent your card for completion.  Please allow up to 30 days to receive the card at the current mailing address on file" . I hope I can get the GC soon. I have been waiting for the GC 2 months after I had the approval letter.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:43 AM, appz said:

Hi All,

I also got my case approved email On June 5th. Below is my timeline.

Initial filing - Oct 24th 2016

Bio metrics -  Dec 8th 2016

RFE Email - April 11th 2018.

RFE Letter Received - April 16th 2018.

Reply Sent - May 15th 2018

Status Update to RFE Received - May 21st 2018

Case Approved Email - June 5th 2018

Waiting for the approval letter and physical card.

I am so glad it is over after after 20 Months of waiting. All you guys have been really helpful in these tough times. Good luck to everyone still waiting for updates, I hope you get approvals soon.

Appz

Hi Appz,

at what point of the process did you change your petition for divorce waiver?

I file ROC jointly in nov 2016,

then in oct 2017 sent a letter to USCIS notifying I was in divorce proceedings.

I received an RFE May 23rd, the system updated to RFE response received on June 4.

In the RFE they requested my divorce decree and said "if you would like to amend to divorce waiver sign below"). I decided to go to a lawyer and he sent the divorce decree and a letter explaining that my divorce happened 5 months after the 2 year conditional period. (I didn't sign to amend to divorce waiver because of that). 

Today June 16, I received an email update with "we are still reviewing your case and there are not updates at this time"

image.thumb.png.d8ae44cb845d3eab0acfcc643952355b.png

We are so frustrated. We got an approval notice in the mail dated 4/6/18 but still no card. We have put in a service request but that will take another month for a response. 

We'd like to file a N-400 but do we have to wait for the physical green card if the case was approved?

Click "Show" to see my timeline.

Petitioner and Beneficiary both live temporarily in France, no DCF

USCIS
04/18/14: I-130 sent via Chronopost
04/21/14: NOA1
05/01/14: NOA2

NVC
05/12/14: NVC received case
06/04/14: Case number assigned (wrong embassy); received IIN
06/12/14: Case number reassigned to correct embassy, same IIN
06/13/14: Received DS-261 email and AOS invoice; completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee
06/18/14: AOS fee appears as "Paid" in the portal
06/26/14: AOS package sent via FedEx
06/30/14: AOS package delivered to NVC
07/07/14: AOS package scanned in
07/18/14: Received IV fee invoice; paid IV fee.
07/21/14: Sent IV package
07/21/14: IV Fee shows as paid
07/21/14: Submitted DS-260
07/23/14: IV packaged delivered to NVC
07/25/14: IV package scanned in
08/21/14: Received false checklist for IV documents -- AOS approved!
09/16/14: AOS fee changed from "Paid" to "N/A" -- CASE COMPLETE!
09/23/14: Received Case Complete email from NVC
10/06/14: Received Interview Date
10/07/14: Received interview letter via email
11/04/14: Medical
11/12/14: INTERVIEW! Approved! :dancing:

12 hours ago, TM713 said:

We are so frustrated. We got an approval notice in the mail dated 4/6/18 but still no card. We have put in a service request but that will take another month for a response. 

We'd like to file a N-400 but do we have to wait for the physical green card if the case was approved?

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I believe you need a physical copy of your GC with the conditions lifted to apply for N-400. I would suggest calling the service number to see if the approval notice will suffice for the time being to put in the application for the N-400 ( i doubt that but doesn't hurt to ask). I do know and have seen on the application, where they ask for front and back copies of your GC.

On your GC not reaching you as of today, i suggest you file an I-90(Form to Replace Green card) indicate in the reason for replacement as admin error or card failed to deliver. Between the service request and I-90 whichever one you get a quicker response, the better.

I had a DOB error on my card. I put in a service request and also filed I-90. The service request yielded a quicker response (i got a new card) in my case, so i had to rescind my I-90 application. I didn't want to take a chance so i did both. Didn't hurt anything so why not ^_^

Edited by Bebe1

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
On 6/16/2018 at 5:45 PM, AH&JH said:

Hi Appz,

at what point of the process did you change your petition for divorce waiver?

I file ROC jointly in nov 2016,

then in oct 2017 sent a letter to USCIS notifying I was in divorce proceedings.

I received an RFE May 23rd, the system updated to RFE response received on June 4.

In the RFE they requested my divorce decree and said "if you would like to amend to divorce waiver sign below"). I decided to go to a lawyer and he sent the divorce decree and a letter explaining that my divorce happened 5 months after the 2 year conditional period. (I didn't sign to amend to divorce waiver because of that). 

Today June 16, I received an email update with "we are still reviewing your case and there are not updates at this time"

image.thumb.png.d8ae44cb845d3eab0acfcc643952355b.png

My application was a divorce wavier from initial filing. I filed for ROC after my divorce was finalized, it all happened in the first 2 years.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, TM713 said:

I think you can go ahead and file for your N400. Many people file N400 even with the i751 pending. After you sent the paperwork intially, the processing will take months and you should get your GC by then.

50 minutes ago, Bebe1 said:

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I believe you need a physical copy of your GC with the conditions lifted to apply for N-400. I would suggest calling the service number to see if the approval notice will suffice for the time being to put in the application for the N-400 ( i doubt that but doesn't hurt to ask). I do know and have seen on the application, where they ask for front and back copies of your GC.

On your GC not reaching you as of today, i suggest you file an I-90(Form to Replace Green card) indicate in the reason for replacement as admin error or card failed to deliver. Between the service request and I-90 whichever one you get a quicker response, the better.

I had a DOB error on my card. I put in a service request and also filed I-90. The service request yielded a quicker response (i got a new card) in my case, so i had to rescind my I-90 application. I didn't want to take a chance so i did both. Didn't hurt anything so why not ^_^

I also applied n400 while waiting the physical GC. I am still waiting for the GC. Can I ask you a question? Did they give you the tracking of USPS when they sent you the GC? They gave me the tracking number when they sent to me 2years GC.Thank you so much.

20 minutes ago, Huckyfinn said:

I also applied n400 while waiting the physical GC. I am still waiting for the GC. Can I ask you a question? Did they give you the tracking of USPS when they sent you the GC? They gave me the tracking number when they sent to me 2years GC.Thank you so much.

Oh good to know! I guess you can apply without the 10 year GC. :thumbs:

Yes they gave me a tracking #. I was able to track my GC location at all times.

8 minutes ago, Bebe1 said:

Oh good to know! I guess you can apply without the 10 year GC. :thumbs:

Yes they gave me a tracking #. I was able to track my GC location at all times.

Oh thank you for  your information. I've been waiting for the GC 2 months ago, and I applied n400 on May 5th. Now I think I will wait their tracking number.thank you a lot

Finally I just gotten my GC on hand. It took 2 and half months after I got the approval letter. Thank you everyone and I hope you guy will the the GC soon.

1 hour ago, Huckyfinn said:

Finally I just gotten my GC on hand. It took 2 and half months after I got the approval letter. Thank you everyone and I hope you guy will the the GC soon.

That's awesome! Congratulations! Did you do a service request? Or I-90? It has been 2 month and 10 days for me now. I did a service request and they said I should get a reply with 45 days.

8 hours ago, BECCA123 said:

That's awesome! Congratulations! Did you do a service request? Or I-90? It has been 2 month and 10 days for me now. I did a service request and they said I should get a reply with 45 days.

I made the request by online and 2 weeks later they gave the tracking number to me by email and text. I think you will get their respond sooner than they said.

Hi all, just another quick update. 

I just received a letter in the mail which was a notice of transfer. They transferred my case to the NBC. Does anyone have any experience with this? I haven’t applied for anything other than ROC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.