dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2016

811 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

According to this, the bar codes at the bottom are only used on the high volume forms (presumably the technology needed to read them is very expensive so not cost-effective for forms like I-864EZ, which is not used anywhere near as much as I-864).

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-updates/uscis-form-improvements-initiative

So no problem of not having bar code in this form ?

No problem at all.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Just made an appointment for the local office.. I'm not going to allow this to get out of control..

(L) We got married on February 06, 2016 (L)

Our USCIS Timeline :star:
File I-130: February 12, 2016
NOA 1: February 16, 2016(Nebraska Service Center)
NOA 2- September 29,2016 :no: ( Was sent to local office for review) :thumbs:

Case Sent to NVC:
The NVC Timeline :dance:
Case received: October 13,2016
Case and IIN#: October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261:October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261 Reviewed over the phone: October 26, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: October 27, 2016
AOS Fee Paid: October 27, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: October 29, 2016
IV Fee Paid: October 29, 2016
DS-260 Completed November 3, 2016
Sent AOS & IV Packets: October 27, 2016
AOS & IV Packet Received November 2,2016
Scan Date: November 3,2016
Checklist: No

Supervisor review: No
Case Complete: December 16, 2016 :dancing:
Interview Date: February 15, 2016 (One Year from my 1st  NOA)
Visa :dancing: Approved:
Visa In Hand:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I came home to a i-797 in the mail and it says the above petition has been approved the person this petition is for will be notified separately when a decision is reached on his or her pending adjustment of status application

This doesn't say anything about sending it to the National visa center

Wait is the beneficiary within the US and you're adjusting their status???

Timeline

Nope...This whole process is getting crazier by the day..I may do an infopass a go back to the local office..

Just saw this post after I responded to the other. Ohhhh WOW so you're not doing Adjustment of status, but yet you received an approval for an AOS and when you called USCIS earlier they said your case was sent/ about to be sent to NRC. OP I really feel bad for you, please make an info pass asap. This is a whirlwind of confusion!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just made an appointment for the local office.. I'm not going to allow this to get out of control..

Good!!! Make them do their jobs!!! These people are affecting our lives....

Best wishes!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Good for you! They are being completely ridiculous and we pay a lot of money for them to do a good job.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Good for you! They are being completely ridiculous and we pay a lot of money for them to do a good job.

Exactly ...I'm going to get to the bottom of this.. I will open the office tomorrow..

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Wait is the beneficiary within the US and you're adjusting their status???

Nope hubby isn't in the US had never seen the soil of America... Yet they are adjusting his status.. The people are $&+?% ridiculous..

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Just saw this post after I responded to the other. Ohhhh WOW so you're not doing Adjustment of status, but yet you received an approval for an AOS and when you called USCIS earlier they said your case was sent/ about to be sent to NRC. OP I really feel bad for you, please make an info pass asap. This is a whirlwind of confusion!!!

Confusion is an understatement.. when you think about it these just don't care.. I am thankful to the most high that I am catching this foolishness early in the game.. Hundreds of dollars paid to them to F%&$ up..

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Timeline

Nope hubby isn't in the US had never seen the soil of America... Yet they are adjusting his status.. The people are $&+?% ridiculous..

I am so UPSET about this entire foolishness it doesn't even make any sense at all. Please keep us posted because I am intrigued to know what's going on here. When this is all resolved you should DEMAND that your case be expedited.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Confusion is an understatement.. when you think about it these just don't care.. I am thankful to the most high that I am catching this foolishness early in the game.. Hundreds of dollars paid to them to F%&$ up..

This process is difficult and painful enough WITHOUT their sloppiness. My wish for you is a quick correction of this problem...and a speedy completion.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Exactly, this entire process is extremely costly, I could understand misplacing a doc, but a mistake like this makes no sense!!!

So it seems our approval went to the NRC instead of the NVC. 8 weeks and 4 days for them to realise and have just updated our status to say they are sending to NVC today!

Please if your status has not changed from approved to sent DO NOT WAIT past 2 weeks - we kept being given the 6-8 weeks spiel and it had left USCIS just wrong destination :(

Fingers crossed that someone takes pity on us and gets it into the system before 2 weeks now!

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.