dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2016

811 posts in this topic

I was hoping since mines was coming from the local office it would have reached sooner than leaving from the service center..

My thoughts are the service center piles a few weeks worth and send it to NVC guess they figure shipping cost work out better that way.

(L) We got married on February 06, 2016 (L)

Our USCIS Timeline :star:
File I-130: February 12, 2016
NOA 1: February 16, 2016(Nebraska Service Center)
NOA 2- September 29,2016 :no: ( Was sent to local office for review) :thumbs:

Case Sent to NVC:
The NVC Timeline :dance:
Case received: October 13,2016
Case and IIN#: October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261:October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261 Reviewed over the phone: October 26, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: October 27, 2016
AOS Fee Paid: October 27, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: October 29, 2016
IV Fee Paid: October 29, 2016
DS-260 Completed November 3, 2016
Sent AOS & IV Packets: October 27, 2016
AOS & IV Packet Received November 2,2016
Scan Date: November 3,2016
Checklist: No

Supervisor review: No
Case Complete: December 16, 2016 :dancing:
Interview Date: February 15, 2016 (One Year from my 1st  NOA)
Visa :dancing: Approved:
Visa In Hand:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so tired of this!! Last night they gave me the other script... "If your case is not completed by next Tuesday you can request a supervisor review"... but for what??!! to wait 6 more weeks?! this is ridiculous... :cry: :cry: :cry:

1st scan July 15!! 2nd scan Aug 26.. (attorney fault...did not told us they needed 3 different police certificates...my fault for not asking i guess?!)

Just venting here...I know you guys understand!

Hi ,

How and at which stage do we submit the police certificate? Thank you

I just don't see the logic of approving it and then holding onto it for so long.

Me either! We got our approval on 9/16 and I'm so tired of waiting for it to get to NVC already! I was so excited over the approval. I thought this would be the part of the process that would go quicker as we have more control over it, but darn it! They have to get it before we can do our parts.

I had high hopes of having my hubby here by Christmas, but there's no way in the world that's going to happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

It only says approved on Sept. 19th and no update since then. My NOA2 hard copy said my file was sent to NVC but that is probably some BS line they give you.

Our case was approved on 8 Sept.....status was updated to "sent" on 3 October......it seems they send them in batches.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just don't see the logic of approving it and then holding onto it for so long.

Same. I called USCIS as to why my petition hasn't been sent to NVC even though it was approved. That rep gave me the "it takes 5 months for I130 to process." BS

12/16/2015 Married

USCIS

06/15/2016 Priority mailed I-130

06/17/2016 Was delivered

06/22/2016 NOA1 via text and email

​06/27/2016 NOA1 Hardcopy received

08/11/2016 NOA2 Hardcopy (Approved!)

NVC

10/06/2016 Case received

10/19/2016 Case & Invoice number assigned

10/20/2016 Filled out DS-261

10/23/2016 Paid AOS fee

10/28/2016 IV Invoice

10/31/2016 Paid IV fee

11/10/2016 DS-260 Complete

11/16/2016 AOS & IV Packets sent

11/17/2016 NVC received AOS & IV packets

11/18/2016 Scan date

The whole process is a nightmare, I just called USCIS again was told the my file was not sent to the record center nor the national visa center.. It went to another service center but he can't confirm it went to Nebraska.. What the heck!!! 3 Different stories in the past 4 days....I give up I'm not going to stress over it anymore.. I just plan a trip to see Hubby next month.. USCIS is full of$#!+. They don't care they have already received the fees .

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Timeline

The whole process is a nightmare, I just called USCIS again was told the my file was not sent to the record center nor the national visa center.. It went to another service center but he can't confirm it went to Nebraska.. What the heck!!! 3 Different stories in the past 4 days....I give up I'm not going to stress over it anymore.. I just plan a trip to see Hubby next month.. USCIS is full of$#!+. They don't care they have already received the fees .

OMG!! Such incompetence!!! Time for a letter to a Congressperson . This is absolutely unbelievable.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At this point you need to get your senator's office involved asap.

At this point you need to get your senator's office involved asap.

I reached out to the Heads of USCIS when my case was approaching the 6 month mark next thing you know My file is being sent to the local office for review .. Trust me I am not trying to step on anymore toes .. Before the lose my file all together .. ( would not want to start this process all over again)

I was told wait 5 days.. When I logged on earlier this is what I saw ..

This was from today

As of October 6, 2016, your request for us to review an administrative error on your case, referral number WKD*********MSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

This was from earlier this week

On October 4, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WK************OKL, was assigned to an officer for response.

On October 5, 2016, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD*********OKL.

On October 5, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD***********OKL, was completed.

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Timeline

I reached out to the Heads of USCIS when my case was approaching the 6 month mark next thing you know My file is being sent to the local office for review .. Trust me I am not trying to step on anymore toes .. Before the lose my file all together .. ( would not want to start this process all over again)

I was told wait 5 days.. When I logged on earlier this is what I saw ..

This was from today

As of October 6, 2016, your request for us to review an administrative error on your case, referral number WKD*********MSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

This was from earlier this week

On October 4, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WK************OKL, was assigned to an officer for response.

On October 5, 2016, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD*********OKL.

On October 5, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD***********OKL, was completed.

Hopefully, they will put your case on the right path, and expedite it......

Hopefully, they will put your case on the right path, and expedite it......

I truly hope so !!! I have faith that its on the to NVC.. and every thing will be within the normal processing time :clock: .. ( fingers and toes crossed) :reading:

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey. i paid fees for green card few days ago. when i tried to check the status with my receipt number it shows me some error. is it common or something went wrong? i dont need anymore troubles on the case now.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you received your case number today just wait for little bit before you fill out choice of agent. Once you receive welcome email from NVC your AOS fees will be unlocked. You should receive an email withing 48 hours.

Hi Harry13. I have got the AOS bill and have paid it and done choice of agent and called agent to review. The IV bill has not showed up yet. I see in your timeline that you went ahead and sent the AOS and IV package even before you paid the IV bill is that accurate ? I have all my docs ready so if that's the case I can mail it today while I wait for IV to unlock ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.