dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2016

811 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just got email from NVC that the embassy refused my expedite request, althought I have seen many approved expedite requests. However I mentioned same reasons and more reasons than others included and their request accepted... I am really feel sad ? but at least now I know that US Embassy in Egypt approve expedite requests very very very rare. Anyway I must still keep positive because that's the only option now... Anyway is there anyone from Egypt knows how long normally the avarage it takes from case complete to get interview appointment in Egypt!!!????

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Potomac Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage (if applicable): 2016-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2016-07-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-07-25

I-130 NOA2 Approved : 2016-08-26

NVC Received : 2016-09-07

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-09-20
Submit DS-261 : 2016-09-20
Pay AOS Bill : 2016-09-20
Receive IV Bill : 2016-09-23
Pay IV Bill : 2016-09-24
Send AOS Package : 2016-09-26
Send IV Package : 2016-09-26
ٍSubmit DS-260: 2016-09-27
Scan Date: 2016-09-28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just got email from NVC that the embassy refused my expedite request, althought I have seen many approved expedite requests. However I mentioned same reasons and more reasons than others included and their request accepted... I am really feel sad ? but at least now I know that US Embassy in Egypt approve expedite requests very very very rare. Anyway I must still keep positive because that's the only option now... Anyway is there anyone from Egypt knows how long normally the avarage it takes from case complete to get interview appointment in Egypt!!!????

When did you send your expedited request?

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Today I ve got a cheklist email from NVC!even my case was complet last Friday!

Here's the email:

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions on the attached pages. The instructions will ask you to either:  Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview.  Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet. Clearly write your case number XXxXXXXX on the upper right-hand corner of every document you send. After you email or mail the requested information, allow us 30 days to review your response. When we complete our review, we will send you information about the next processing step.

Is there anyone who had similar experiance?

Edited by Simosimosimosimo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Here's the email:

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions on the attached pages. The instructions will ask you to either:  Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview.  Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet. Clearly write your case number XXxXXXXX on the upper right-hand corner of every document you send. After you email or mail the requested information, allow us 30 days to review your response. When we complete our review, we will send you information about the next processing step.

Does the attached ask you to send missing docs to NVC or bring it to the ebassy?

It could be a checklist, case complete checklist or a false checklist.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Here's the email:

Did you call nvc? Maybe is a mistake ??

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Here's the email:

If they told you your case is completed you would have to call and verify that. Maybe is an error. I have read about it (cases completed and checklists) but I am not an expert.

Timeline

Oh ok. THANKS

Does the attached ask you to send missing docs to NVC or bring it to the ebassy?

It could be a checklist, case complete checklist or a false checklist.

They said either one

Did you call nvc? Maybe is a mistake ??

If they told you your case is completed you would have to call and verify that. Maybe is an error. I have read about it (cases completed and checklists) but I am not an expert.

Oh ok. THANKS Edited by Simosimosimosimo

Still no case complete...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

No case complete either and over 6 week period.

The lady that I talked to told me she will send the case to supervisor review....and...it can take up to 6 weeks. :ranting:

Still waiting for a miracle here. :(

patiently waiting in nvc since July 15!!! :( :( :(

So sorry to hear this, Kiki! I am in the same boat right now; however, I have only been pending with them since 8/9 or so...

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130: October 12, 2015
NOA1 hardcopy received: October 15, 2015

***Countless USCIS phone calls, congressional inquiries, and Ombudsman's Office inquiries later****
NOA2 approval: July 14, 2016
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: August 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 11, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 11, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 12, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 12, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 13, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 13, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 13, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 14, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 15, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets: August 15, 2016
Scan date: August 17, 2016
CC: October 11, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 13, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: October 12, 2016

Case "in transit": October 14, 2016

Case "ready": October 19, 2016

Interview Process:

Interview letter received via email: October 13, 2016

Medical (Tunisia): November 2, 2016

NEW Police Clearance: November 16, 2016

Interview Date: November 17, 2016

Interview Decision: APPROVED November 17, 2016!!!!!!!!!

Visa pick up: November 23, 2016

Entered US on: mid December 2016

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Finally Case Complete!

I saw 3 N/A this morning then I called to confirm, the agent said yes my case was complet today.

So 3 N/As in your CEAC = case complete?? I just noticed mine today as well is like this. I will call tomorrow. Our first scan date was 8/17

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130: October 12, 2015
NOA1 hardcopy received: October 15, 2015

***Countless USCIS phone calls, congressional inquiries, and Ombudsman's Office inquiries later****
NOA2 approval: July 14, 2016
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: August 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 11, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 11, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 12, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 12, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 13, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 13, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 13, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 14, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 15, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets: August 15, 2016
Scan date: August 17, 2016
CC: October 11, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 13, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: October 12, 2016

Case "in transit": October 14, 2016

Case "ready": October 19, 2016

Interview Process:

Interview letter received via email: October 13, 2016

Medical (Tunisia): November 2, 2016

NEW Police Clearance: November 16, 2016

Interview Date: November 17, 2016

Interview Decision: APPROVED November 17, 2016!!!!!!!!!

Visa pick up: November 23, 2016

Entered US on: mid December 2016

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations to those got CC!!! Do you guys actually call NVC for any update while you are still on your 3rd week or so? Praying for us who still needs to wait..

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Our petition was approved August 4, October 3 they send to NVC and October 12 NVC just confirmed received (69 days in limbo) - so now to wait the 2 weeks to get numbers etc :)

However, I found out that the batch that ours was done by, although we were approved August 4, that person put everything in a pile and didn't send anything to NVC until all of May 6 files were approved or rejected! I tell you it would have been kinder to not update us and let us think they were still working on it. I get that whoever was being fair to everyone's that arrived on that day BUT argh!!!! Calling Tier 2 they told us it got sent to wrong department - so I think someone else suggested Tier 2 waste of time?

Onwards and upwards and hit me with your best and quickest solutions to help me get back some of the lost 69 days please?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Timeline

So 3 N/As in your CEAC = case complete?? I just noticed mine today as well is like this. I will call tomorrow. Our first scan date was 8/17

Good for you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.