dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2016

441 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Her experience was painless. I had her take copies of both packages I submitted (USCIS I-130 & NVC), wedding album, and all her original required documents. Although they did not ask for anything more than the required documents, it is nice to have extra documents just in case. They asked basic questions nothing complicated.

• What city/state are you planning to migrate?
  • What does your husband do?
  • Who is in his family?
  • How did you guys meet?
  • How long did you guys see each other?

After these brief questions, the officer said "Congratulations, your visa has been approved". It seems the couples who have a harder time are the ones who had a previous marriage, a significant age gap between the husband/wife, and/or have previously applied for other types of visas around the time of the marriage/engagement. If none of those apply to your relationship, you can expect a similar experience. I wish you the best to you and your wife. I am sure she will do fine. Good Luck!

Thank you for sharing her experience. I am also hoping that everyone here goes through this smoothly. I am really glad that the interview was painless for her and she will be her soon.

Congratulations!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you! It is a great feeling to know now I can now see her. This forum community is great tool for us. Helps to ease any anxiety and also was able to avoid paying thousands for a lawyer. Good luck everyone!

Thank you for sharing her experience. I am also hoping that everyone here goes through this smoothly. I am really glad that the interview was painless for her and she will be her soon.

Congratulations!!

2/10/16 - Mailed out package
2/11/16 - Picked up at 3:30 PM at Chicago Lockbox
2/23/16 - Received notification of acceptance via SMS at 4:40 PM

2/23/16 - NOA1

5/13/16 - NOA2

7/19/16 - Sent out NVC package

7/21/16 - Scan Date

8/19/16 - Case Complete

8/26/16 - Interview Scheduled *Oct 3rd @ Mumbai Consulate*

10/3/16 - Interview Completed *** VISA APPROVED! **

**Awaiting printed VISA**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I didn't went with my husband and they never asked if I was there. Although every case differs.It's pretty normal for men to date older women in Jamaica. I don't see where that would be considered a "red flag" stop stressing yourself. You did all that you can do at this point. Just send him the additional evidence he need and everything will be fine.

Thx. Guess it was more so worrying about whether we get a shady CO. But as my husband says, we can't control other people. They may try to delay but that's about all they can do because we have more than enough evidence to show the relationship is real (just wasn't front loaded). Thank you again!

Timeline

Checking in. Interview this month!!! So nervous, only because I've heard so many bad things about Kingston but lately there have been some good news and reviews. Medical is next week. The results prob won't be back in time for his interview, as they are requiring additional testing which takes an extra week to come back but still hoping my husband can be here in time for Thanksgiving and to celebrate our anniversary! Fingers crossed and prayers up!??

Don't worry too much Kingston isn't bad at all. My interview was easy so easy.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

Thx. Guess it was more so worrying about whether we get a shady CO. But as my husband says, we can't control other people. They may try to delay but that's about all they can do because we have more than enough evidence to show the relationship is real (just wasn't front loaded). Thank you again!

You will be fine, don't worry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone! It's a quiet time now, just waiting for the interview date in 2 weeks.

Congratulations to all the APPROVALS and CCs. It's always great to be done with one more step in the process.

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Quick question: Could anyone who had POE in Miami share their experience? I have heard it is not too bad.

Met in high school 14-Feb-2008 (L)

Married: 20-Oct-2011

Petitioned: 09-Nov-2015

Petition Approved: 24-Mar-2016

Sent IV package: 26-May-2016

Case Complete at NVC: 27-Jun-2016 (30 days)

Interview Date Assigned: 31-Aug-2016

Appointment Letter Received: 04-Sep-2016

Interview Date: 19-Oct-2016

Interview Result: PENDING B-):rolleyes: hoping for the best

Congratulations from a fellow February filer!

Thank you JFH I hope you get your CC soon. I can not believe how the processing times vary from the centers! Good luck!

My husband got approved on October 3rd. Should get his visa tomorrow or Thursday. Where do you check for the Green Card or does it just come to the address we provieded at the interview?

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Oh wow. Were there any redflags that you can think of? Could it be something in your husband's pass that they found out that wasn't disclosed prior?

No red flags.

They emailed me back today stating that the consular was not convinced of the bona-fide of our relationship but the thing is that the consular never asked for any documents that my husband brought that could have proofed the bona-fide of our relationship. The consular asked my husband 4 questions how did we meet, when did we meet, when did we get married and what I do on my off days. Yes the time we met was the first time ever meeting, and we got married 3 days later but we had been talking for about 3 months before that and I knew from talking to him from day one that he was my soulmate. And at that time I was also a full time student and so that was the only time I had to visit him and we decided to get married because I knew I wasn't going to be able to visit him again because of the fact that I was a broke college student. I wanted to have him close to me so I went ahead and filed for him the following month after visiting him. Is it a crime to fall for someone at any time frame even if its quick to some people and decide to get married and file paper work so that we can be togther? I just don't understand these consulars.

I sent them an email today in response to their email basically stating that the consular never asked for documents to proof bona-fide of our relationship. And funny thing is that in their email it stated that the consular reviewed the evidence presented but he/she wasn't convinced and that's simply not true. Waiting to hear their reply which I am praying for will say they will review the case again with the requested documents to proof bona-fide of our relationship. Pray for us guys. I have faith though that it will all work out. This is just another hurdle that we will soon cross.

Timeline

No red flags.

They emailed me back today stating that the consular was not convinced of the bona-fide of our relationship but the thing is that the consular never asked for any documents that my husband brought that could have proofed the bona-fide of our relationship. The consular asked my husband 4 questions how did we meet, when did we meet, when did we get married and what I do on my off days. Yes the time we met was the first time ever meeting, and we got married 3 days later but we had been talking for about 3 months before that and I knew from talking to him from day one that he was my soulmate. And at that time I was also a full time student and so that was the only time I had to visit him and we decided to get married because I knew I wasn't going to be able to visit him again because of the fact that I was a broke college student. I wanted to have him close to me so I went ahead and filed for him the following month after visiting him. Is it a crime to fall for someone at any time frame even if its quick to some people and decide to get married and file paper work so that we can be togther? I just don't understand these consulars.

I sent them an email today in response to their email basically stating that the consular never asked for documents to proof bona-fide of our relationship. And funny thing is that in their email it stated that the consular reviewed the evidence presented but he/she wasn't convinced and that's simply not true. Waiting to hear their reply which I am praying for will say they will review the case again with the requested documents to proof bona-fide of our relationship. Pray for us guys. I have faith though that it will all work out. This is just another hurdle that we will soon cross.

Honestly the red flag could be the marriage on the first time meeting each other and only knowing each other for 3 months prior to marriage. You and your husband know that your marriage is real. However the CO has to be the one that's convince its indeed bona-fide. That one red flag could have been the reason for the denial. I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers.

Guys,

If anyone is looking for a place to stay in when planing to visit US consulate in Montreal, Canada, I advise you to check this place on Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/15069762

This guy is renting his place for $49 CAD/night... it is very neat, and clean.. and it is a walking distance of 25 mins from US consulate and 20 mins from the Panel physician in Montreal. Also if you are coming by Greyhound from a different province, the bus station is literally two minutes from this place, and you can see it from the window of your room.

I highly recommend it... Spread the word, and help all Canadians immigrating to US!

Best of luck.

Edited by Saved

Honestly the red flag could be the marriage on the first time meeting each other and only knowing each other for 3 months prior to marriage. You and your husband know that your marriage is real. However the CO has to be the one that's convince its indeed bona-fide. That one red flag could have been the reason for the denial. I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers.

Thanx MrsBurgz. I understand that could be the red flag but the fact that the consular did not ask for proof is what we are confused about. So hopefully they will reconsider and have my husband come back with whatever proof they request.

Question, what other documents could I send to my husband when they do review the case again? He has Boss Revolution phone calls from October of last year, western union receipts, I was going to send him whatsapp chats but it was just alot to put together but I will this time once they give him a date to review the documents. He has our wedding pictures as well as a few casual pictures we took when I went to visit him. If anyone on here can give me more ideas as to what they submitted to proof bona-fide of relationship I will appreciate that.

Timeline

Thanx MrsBurgz. I understand that could be the red flag but the fact that the consular did not ask for proof is what we are confused about. So hopefully they will reconsider and have my husband come back with whatever proof they request.

Question, what other documents could I send to my husband when they do review the case again? He has Boss Revolution phone calls from October of last year, western union receipts, I was going to send him whatsapp chats but it was just alot to put together but I will this time once they give him a date to review the documents. He has our wedding pictures as well as a few casual pictures we took when I went to visit him. If anyone on here can give me more ideas as to what they submitted to proof bona-fide of relationship I will appreciate that.

Do you guys have anything joint? Like a bank account

Timeline

Do you have anything jointly? Is he on your life insurance as a beneficiary? Was any of the items you listed above sent in prior?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.