• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Lawyers................................... :angry:

If the guy (If I understood you correctly)....is trying to tell you that because it's been 5 years since you left, that the 2 year HRR doesn't matter anymore, ......................I'd start to be REAL skeptical about this guy. He sounds like he has no clue....................

Anyways.........I would think you have these 4 options...

1) Delay sending everything to the NVC (don't they give us like a year to respond?......maybe that's just for a CR-1...but I thought it was that long even for a k-1? ) No one says that you now have to send everything to the NVC so quickly. Just go slow, when you send things to the NVC....to drag out the process.

2) Let the visa process normally, if you don't want to delay at this point. Then, if you feel your interview is too early when you get the actual date, and are worried, contact the consulate and postpone the interview until a date with which you are comfortable.

3) With this scenerio, you still allow the visa to process.....BUT......call the consulate. One thing I have heard from a call I made to our own embassy a while back, because I had the same concern about our visa processing too soon...(the RFE we got sure put an end to that :hehe: ) , is that the person I spoke to at the embassy said they would "hold" the visa if they felt more time needed to be served. I specifically asked her if they would just flat out deny it, and she said no. She said the worst case scenerio, my wife could attend the interview, and they might tell her to wait until her time was served. You should SPECIFICALLY ask your consulate the very same question. It is possible that not all consulates/embassies etc...have the same policy.

I also don't know how long exactly they'd be willing to "hold" the visa. I would imagine if someone were REALLY early (say...had a year or more left), they'd deny the visa, rather than hold it for a such a long period of time.

4) Don't do anything different. Cross your fingers real hard ;) , and hope that when you get your interview at the consulate, they will not "nit pick" about the remaining 4 months time you have left, and will just go ahead and grant you the visa. I HAVE heard of several cases where this has happened(and yes...EVEN with that amount of time left to be served)..........but I would NOT count on it. It all depends on who interviews you. Probably a few other circumstances as well.

Personally...I would first try option #3. If the consulate is willing to hold the visa, you could at least attend your interview with no (or not as much, anyhow) worries. Worst they will do is hold it.....but not flat out deny.

Good luck. :thumbs:

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
Well, if u gonna get married when the leaves are changing in New England that would be very romantic :) just not sure when it's happening...in Oct. or Nov. The only time i was in the fall in the states was 2001....Georgia...wicked hot :))))

I know you won't see this till tomorrow (hopefullly you check this thread). Sorry I missed the conversation. But I just read this reply and wanted to let you know that typically the peak foliage weekend is right around Columbus day. Of course it can vary every year by a week (almost neve early though). I remember this because my birthay is October 11 (same weekend as Columbus day) and I almost always have peak foliage to look at.

But remember, there is nothing more inconsistant in the world than the weather in Maine. So plan/don't plan accordingly.

The days are usually still fairly warm that time of year, most likely can get away with a short sleeve/strapless gown, but the evenings can get chilly.

It's a beautiful time of year. I hope it works out for you!

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
LENKA, POZDRAVLYAU!!!!! :dance:

It's about time you got your NOA2 :thumbs:

Sorry, don't know the answer to your problem :(

Pasiba zayka...v lyubom sluchae...znaesh vot zakon podlosti...kogda nu ochen hochesh ne prihodish...kogda nadeeshcya chto ne sluchitcya, sluchaetcya...:) Ya bila by takoy schastlivoy esli bi uznala pozavchera....no etot Home Residence Requirement menya ubivaet...posmotrim k chemu eto vse :) but hey...we got it the same day..how awesome is that ? ;)

I have to tell you, your video made me cry, how beautiful. Good Luck to you and your fiance.

Bobbie

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Lawyers................................... :angry:

If the guy (If I understood you correctly)....is trying to tell you that because it's been 5 years since you left, that the 2 year HRR doesn't matter anymore, ......................I'd start to be REAL skeptical about this guy. He sounds like he has no clue....................

Anyways.........I would think you have these 4 options...

1) Delay sending everything to the NVC (don't they give us like a year to respond?......maybe that's just for a CR-1...but I thought it was that long even for a k-1? ) No one says that you now have to send everything to the NVC so quickly. Just go slow, when you send things to the NVC....to drag out the process.

2) Let the visa process normally, if you don't want to delay at this point. Then, if you feel your interview is too early when you get the actual date, and are worried, contact the consulate and postpone the interview until a date with which you are comfortable.

3) With this scenerio, you still allow the visa to process.....BUT......call the consulate. One thing I have heard from a call I made to our own embassy a while back, because I had the same concern about our visa processing too soon...(the RFE we got sure put an end to that :hehe: ) , is that the person I spoke to at the embassy said they would "hold" the visa if they felt more time needed to be served. I specifically asked her if they would just flat out deny it, and she said no. She said the worst case scenerio, my wife could attend the interview, and they might tell her to wait until her time was served. You should SPECIFICALLY ask your consulate the very same question. It is possible that not all consulates/embassies etc...have the same policy.

I also don't know how long exactly they'd be willing to "hold" the visa. I would imagine if someone were REALLY early (say...had a year or more left), they'd deny the visa, rather than hold it for a such a long period of time.

4) Don't do anything different. Cross your fingers real hard ;) , and hope that when you get your interview at the consulate, they will not "nit pick" about the remaining 4 months time you have left, and will just go ahead and grant you the visa. I HAVE heard of several cases where this has happened(and yes...EVEN with that amount of time left to be served)..........but I would NOT count on it. It all depends on who interviews you. Probably a few other circumstances as well.

Personally...I would first try option #3. If the consulate is willing to hold the visa, you could at least attend your interview with no (or not as much, anyhow) worries. Worst they will do is hold it.....but not flat out deny.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Lol :) I like the way you're thinking...Bullet points :) I'm the same way...

Speaking of out lawyer. Well..I never trusted the guy. Mikey and I are split about our opinions. He's sticking to the Lawyer's opinion, I'm stiucking to what people on VJ are telling me....I sort of like the "been there, done that" principle

Anyways to keep it short.

1) I like the option 1,2 and 3 but I am not really willing to risk 4 unless there's only 1 month left or so...where they wouldn't really create problems

2) I called the embassy today but the only thing i've heard over and over again was an answering machine that didnt really give me an option to talk to an agent. I did read on their website that for non-imigrant visa information you have to pay at a Romanian bank and then you get a PIN and can actually talk to a person (the problem is tha ti am not in Romania right now and not even close to it). Another thing that i will try doing is having mikey pay the service with a Credit Card, to get a PIN so we could find out mor information

3) Mike said he'd call the USCIS and see what information they have on HRR and if they know what out options are

4) The lawyer said he's gonna research the issue and give us his advice (though i like yours better than ANY advice he's giving us)

Thank you very much for the time you spent on advising me. I will make sure I will keep everyone posted in order to prevent anyone from being in my situation or advise further :)

You live, you learn

:dance: Congrats El ! No more daydreaming about NOA2

awww...Thank you :) Yeah my site didnt show a move from Feb. 22nd 'till today...March 28th :) so yeah...i agree with the people now...touches dont mean anything :) Thank you hun...hope you're gonna have an easy way yourself :)

Hugz ya

Removal of conditions...

I have to tell you, your video made me cry, how beautiful. Good Luck to you and your fiance.

Bobbie

Thank you very much. I made that video with all of my love for him. He's my sunshine and the reason I wake up every morning :)

Good luck to you and your fiance as well :)

Everything will be ok...'till the end :)

Removal of conditions...

Kinzaza,

OMG!

I just read through the post from yesterday. I am so sorry you had to find all this out, but at least you found it out while you can still do something about it.

I think the worst part about this is that it will delay you from entering into the states. :(

However, From what it seems to me, if you need to still wait out the 4 months, you should be able to do that with an extension on your NOA2.

I wish I had some sage advvice for you, but I hadn't even heard of HRR until I read you thread from yesterday.

Good Luck Sweetie!

I know you two will get it figured out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sue

and I almost forgot...Congratulations on the NOA2!!!!!!!!!1

Feel free to let go of your anxiety in order to celebrate your approval!

Sue

hey there..

Sorry with so many posts I tend to overlook some. I just noticed it today.

The HRR deal...well, what can i do really? I will try to just find out what my concrete 100% sure options are and choose one which looks best :) Everything is going to be alright one way or another. Mike and I have been dealing with a long-distance relationship for the past 3 years. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger as they say...so another half a year will only add to the value of our relationship :) Plus I will get to Maine in fall...for the first time and have a very colorful wedding....I might not be able to still have a BBQ campling wedding I was dreaming of all my life but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

God I love Maine. I feel so comfortable there. I feel like it's my home and it completes me and makes me so happy. I miss it so bad...The trees and everything. Mikey's parents own a campground and our appartment is located right there...and it's all so beautiful around...and the air is clean and the birds are singing...even the mosquitoes are not that annoying just because I love it there so bad...and then the ocean...the most beautiful thing ever...aaaaaaah...It's ok...soon enough I will be enjoying all that with my honey and his family :)

Ok...well...on a less romantic not...I gotta go and Study for my Auditing Exam ...according to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles...lol

Thank you for ur warm words :)

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Kinzaza:

Congratulations on your NOA2....

You have got very good advice from MPGGPM that I am glad you follow. I'm wondering if you can contact the consulate via email. That is the only way the US Embassy in Thailand has available for contact. No calls. period.

Despite all the bumps, I believe you'll get through them fine.

I wish you the best.

Ladywhite (F)

Below is one the responses I received a while back from a member here. I am not sure if it helps, but I feel like sharing it with you. My point is this should be manageable with the consulate:

"...I was subject to the foreign residency requirement which was to end, back then, 7 month later. During those 7 months, we got our petition approved in 28 days but the K1 visa appointment was on the same day I was done with the rule (the consular officers selected that day on purpose as they knew that I would be eligible to receive the visa). So it means that I could have got the visa 5 months earlier but I wasn't eligible! I don't know if it was necessary or not but we included every possible info about the 2 year rule(Certificate of eligibility, Record of Departure from the US) in our application for the petition. "

Maybe, you would just have to explain your situation to a consulate office and ask for your interview to be scheduled on the day your HRR is up. I have heard that if the consulate schedules the interview after the valid date of NOA2, it means your NOA2 has been extended automatically by the consulate. But in the cases I have heard, their interview dates were like several days after. I am not sure if it is still be the case if your interview is like months after the NOA2 expires. But, if the consulate schedules it, it should mean they have full knowledge of the expiration of NOA2.

Just a thought.

Again, Good Luck.

(F)(F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

I'm sorry you're not happy about your NOA2 -- I know a lot of people who would be happy to have theirs!

Hope you can get it all sorted out.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations and best Prayers for the rest of your journey.

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Kinzaza:

Congratulations on your NOA2....

You have got very good advice from MPGGPM that I am glad you follow. I'm wondering if you can contact the consulate via email. That is the only way the US Embassy in Thailand has available for contact. No calls. period.

Despite all the bumps, I believe you'll get through them fine.

I wish you the best.

Ladywhite (F)

Below is one the responses I received a while back from a member here. I am not sure if it helps, but I feel like sharing it with you. My point is this should be manageable with the consulate:

"...I was subject to the foreign residency requirement which was to end, back then, 7 month later. During those 7 months, we got our petition approved in 28 days but the K1 visa appointment was on the same day I was done with the rule (the consular officers selected that day on purpose as they knew that I would be eligible to receive the visa). So it means that I could have got the visa 5 months earlier but I wasn't eligible! I don't know if it was necessary or not but we included every possible info about the 2 year rule(Certificate of eligibility, Record of Departure from the US) in our application for the petition. "

Maybe, you would just have to explain your situation to a consulate office and ask for your interview to be scheduled on the day your HRR is up. I have heard that if the consulate schedules the interview after the valid date of NOA2, it means your NOA2 has been extended automatically by the consulate. But in the cases I have heard, their interview dates were like several days after. I am not sure if it is still be the case if your interview is like months after the NOA2 expires. But, if the consulate schedules it, it should mean they have full knowledge of the expiration of NOA2.

Just a thought.

Again, Good Luck.

(F)(F)

First of all thank you very much for being there for me. VJ is definately the place where I get most of the support and most valuable advice. As I already mentioned I trust you guys so much better than the lawyer we have because people that went through this know exaclty what it's all about. I am sure that everything is done for the best and that 'till the end everything is going to be fine. When I told my future mother-in-law that we might have to have the wedding in the Fall rather than summer, she said she'll take me any season :)

About the consulate. What I am thinking to do, is what MPGGPM adviced me and that is slow down the process as much as possible first...That is not immediately send the documents to the NVC. By the time the embassy will receive them, it will probably be May and that is when I am going to Moldova. The process itself with the packages and until they will set an interview date will take around...mm...let's say two months...When I get the interview date I will just postpone it for later unless it's already set for when my HRR is expiring (as in the case of the guy you shared with me). So far this is the most reasonable path I'm seeing. We still need to confirm every step of the way but the situation seems pretty clear. Plus I will probably apply for an internship in Moldova since we have the offices of the BIG 4 accounting firms in the capital. It will gain me some work experience :) and enrich my resume...of course if I will be accepted.

The thing that is totally killing me in this situation is the long time I'm not going to see Mike. The only thing that is soothing it is the thought that since we went through pretty much all my college having a long-distance relationship, we can do it for a little longer....for the last time....

My mom-in-law says that good things take time. Maybe I should start listening to her :)

Thank you so very much. I cant even tell you how greatful I am to meet people that care about someone else's pain.

Removal of conditions...

I'm sorry you're not happy about your NOA2 -- I know a lot of people who would be happy to have theirs!

Hope you can get it all sorted out.

I am happy about being approved...very happy because that pretty much means that i'm eligible to marry the man of my dreams. I'm just lost at the moment...that's all

Congratulations and best Prayers for the rest of your journey.

Rob and Melinda

Thank you very much. I wish you the very very very same :)

Removal of conditions...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.