smitherton

N-400 September 2016 Filers

1,076 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, okramango said:

Yes, our status changed to "In line for oath ceremony" or something lack that, five days after the interview. We received the oath letter in the mail a week after the status change, and the oath ceremony was one month after the interview.

thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, AA100 said:

Hey,

So you did you FP on October 24th? When did your status change from FP to in line for interview? And still no interview date?

On Nov09th

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 1/23/2017 at 7:49 PM, oc_citizen_2016 said:

I had my interview today. 

I had an employment based green card. I had left that company around 6 years back and then applied for citizenship.

He wanted to know if I had my old company's W2. I did not carry it with me, so he looked at my tax returns.

I had taken all 5 year tax returns (3 transcripts + 2 of my own) and he took all of them.

Questions:

1. What did the declaration of independence do? (He wanted all 3 answers).

2. How many justices? 

3. Whom do senators represent? 

4. Name one branch of government. 

5.  If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

6.  What does the President’s Cabinet do?

Good luck to all.

Congratulations! :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 hours ago, AA100 said:

I just spoke with L-2 officer and the officer said that my background I not cleared yet. He also clarified that FP is part of the background check. Not sure what's taking so long :(.

When USCIS sent your fingerprint, they also sent your name [asking your name and other name used, e.g. maiden name, alias name, nick name, and such] along to FBI. FBI conduct your fingerprint check, name check, and background check. Fingerprint check always take about 24 hours to be cleared unless it gets hit if that applicant has a record. For name check, they run all your name listed on the application through their universal database. If the name doesn't get hit, it's cleared, which can take about 1-3 days. However, if the applicant has common name and his name get hit, they will have to do name check further manually. For this part, it can take 1 week to 1 year, as some applicants on another website were stuck in name check for a long while. 

Good luck and I hope you will hear back from USCIS soon.

Timeline
On 1/23/2017 at 11:02 PM, Arierref said:

Hello Dallas peeps.

This afternoon I received a status update. As of today January 23rd my status changed from "case is in line for an interview" to "Interview Was Scheduled". Don't know the interview date yet, still waiting for the letter in the mailbox.

I was in line for an interview since October 20th, FP on Oct 13th, applied for naturalization on September 1st.

Hope everyone from Dallas start to have the interview scheduled =)))

When should I expect to receive the letter with the date of my interview? Based on average, any guess on when is going to be my interview?

See ya =)

u said that u get a notification by noon, around what time i used to get my notifications after 8p, not important thing i know

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So after refreshing my page several times yesterday and today. I can safely say my status has been changed. 

Case Is In Line For An Interview

"On January 23, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization ,"

I dont know what it means as it regards to how soon I will be scheduled for an interview or when i will receive my letter. This was only and I received no email or text update on this only saw the status change when i logged into USCIS. A bit relieved to see some movement with the Hartford office because I saw everyone with at least an inline update while I seemed stuck. 

Can someone add me please. Also my receipt number starts with NBC**

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

Timeline
13 hours ago, neeqochan said:

So after refreshing my page several times yesterday and today. I can safely say my status has been changed. 

Case Is In Line For An Interview

"On January 23, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization ,"

I dont know what it means as it regards to how soon I will be scheduled for an interview or when i will receive my letter. This was only and I received no email or text update on this only saw the status change when i logged into USCIS. A bit relieved to see some movement with the Hartford office because I saw everyone with at least an inline update while I seemed stuck. 

Can someone add me please. Also my receipt number starts with NBC**

Wooow.. congratulations 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
23 hours ago, Marmoura said:

u said that u get a notification by noon, around what time i used to get my notifications after 8p, not important thing i know

I saw the new ststus around 2pm.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Arierref said:

I saw the new ststus around 2pm.

I noticed that u get ur FP done 11 days ahead of me, and ur inline 11 days ahead of me either . Should I expect my new status for interview scheduling by Feb04th??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

For those who have done the oath ceremony and are applying for passports, here is the 2017 thread for passport applications

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/621270-2017-us-passport-card-application-tracker/

Husband's Naturalization Journey: (NBC number)

9/2/16: N-400 mailed to Dallas office via UPS Ground
9/6/16: Arrived to office per UPS tracking
9/14/16: NOA1 received in mail (dated 9/6/16)
9/21/16: Biometrics notification received in mail
10/6/16: Biometrics completed
11/10/16: Notification for interview received in mail
12/15/16: Interview ("Recommended for approval")
12/20/16: In line for oath ceremony (online status)
12/27/16: Received oath ceremony letter in mail
1/17/17: Oath ceremony
Hubby is now a US citizen! :) 133 days from NOA date to Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/29/2017 at 2:18 PM, okramango said:

For those who have done the oath ceremony and are applying for passports, here is the 2017 thread for passport applications

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/621270-2017-us-passport-card-application-tracker/

thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

i just received SMS update 22:35pm checked my uscis account and here it is,

the long waited: 'Case Is In Line For An Interview'

since I did the biometrics, my status remained "Scheduled for Fingerprints...

and I did the FP on 10/11/16 and no update till today.

i am so excited ? 

we are moving Dallas, stay strong and good news will come.

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, Vicky358 said:

Hello everyone,

i just received SMS update 22:35pm checked my uscis account and here it is,

the long waited: 'Case Is In Line For An Interview'

since I did the biometrics, my status remained "Scheduled for Fingerprints...

and I did the FP on 10/11/16 and no update till today.

i am so excited ? 

we are moving Dallas, stay strong and good news will come.

Nice- some hope for Dallas-filers. Tomorrow will be 2 months since i did my FP. Was just thinking if you still get to keep your PD ?  like if some one was INLINE before you but has a PD after you. Do you get to interview before them ?  Was just curious.

Thanks,

Edited by L0bster00
None

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
15 minutes ago, L0bster00 said:

Nice- some hope for Dallas-filers. Tomorrow will be 2 months since i did my FP. Was just thinking if you still get to keep your PD ?  like if some one was INLINE before you but has a PD after you. Do you get to interview before them ?  Was just curious.

Thanks,

I really can't say, the Processing time may differ.

my PD is 9/19/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.