smitherton

N-400 September 2016 Filers

1,076 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I know we all get a break from looking up our statuses (even though I did) and checking our mailboxes (ThAT I didn't) but still, thinking of all of you and wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving. (and if you don't celebrate, still wishing you a good day and lucky you for not having to cook an entire day LOL)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I know we all get a break from looking up our statuses (even though I did) and checking our mailboxes (ThAT I didn't) but still, thinking of all of you and wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving. (and if you don't celebrate, still wishing you a good day and lucky you for not having to cook an entire day LOL)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here!

Timeline

So I called USCIS again today and was forwarded to a Tier 2 officer. A charming, extremely helpful lad might I add!

Anyway turns out the reason my receipt number wasn't updating anymore is because between my NOA1 and biometrics letter AND my background check clearing and case being forwarded to the local office, someone made a typo on my case number and switched the last 2 digits. And low and behold, when typing in my NEW number, it shows that I'm in line for my interview. Seriously, it's not complicated enough, now I got two numbers to keep track off LOL

Timeline

So I called USCIS again today and was forwarded to a Tier 2 officer. A charming, extremely helpful lad might I add!

Anyway turns out the reason my receipt number wasn't updating anymore is because between my NOA1 and biometrics letter AND my background check clearing and case being forwarded to the local office, someone made a typo on my case number and switched the last 2 digits. And low and behold, when typing in my NEW number, it shows that I'm in line for my interview. Seriously, it's not complicated enough, now I got two numbers to keep track off LOL

Congratulations! I'm super happy for you! There's never a dull moment dealing with USCIS. My first interview letter arrived last Monday with wrong alien numbers. Turned out that they sent me 3 interview letters with the last one is the correct one!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thats awesome news!

I called and on both occasions I was being told your case will process in 5 Months so not until Jan/Feb.

They were both so blunt I dont think I will call back.

I am happy to know everyone is moving forward! I will try to be patient.

Can someone update the list please.

Edited by neeqochan

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

Timeline

Thats awesome news!

I called and on both occasions I was being told your case will process in 5 Months so not until Jan/Feb.

My first time calling was like that so I know what you mean, not all of them have the same bedside manner for sure!

I would try again. The lad today sure seemed very helpful and the waiting time was 1 minute! I am thinking a lot of folks think they are closed today.

And prettypass2000, that's right, NEVER a dull moment LOL

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thats awesome news!

I am having the same issue. I called three times and was forwarded to an L2 officer. They called me back. I got the same answer all the time. "Nothing seems wrong with your application and it is in process. It will take 5-6 months for the whole process.". I gave up on calling and decided to just wait and see.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi All,

Any updates for any of you especially for the folks in Dallas.

Good morning,

I am from Dallas, and nothing new here. I just check my case status, and it's still the old "Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled" I did the FP on 10/11/16. Now, waiting and hoping for the best ??

Good luck to you

Good morning,

I am from Dallas, and nothing new here. I just check my case status, and it's still the old "Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled" I did the FP on 10/11/16. Now, waiting and hoping for the best ??

Good luck to you

vicky358 have you try to call uscis ? maybe you case is not updating on the website.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

vicky358 have you try to call uscis ? maybe you case is not updating on the website.

Yeah, I think that's what happen. The website doesn't show the updates. I was thinking to call but I read that a lot of people here in the forum complain about calling and receiving unhelpful info... so I decided not to bother my mind with worries and just wait to receive the interview letter. I believe that Dallas office is very busy but i am an optimistic person and hope for the best. Did you call to ask for yourself?

Yeah, I think that's what happen. The website doesn't show the updates. I was thinking to call but I read that a lot of people here in the forum complain about calling and receiving unhelpful info... so I decided not to bother my mind with worries and just wait to receive the interview letter. I believe that Dallas office is very busy but i am an optimistic person and hope for the best. Did you call to ask for yourself?

my has been inline for interview since October 27. and my FO is now processing application from April 2016 so i have a long wait for my interview date still.

Timeline

Well I told the folks at church to say a little prayer because I'd really like to be a citizen soon (read: Under Obama administration, yep, I said it!) and logged in today and my status changed to Interview Scheduled!!! Super excited to get that letter in the mail!!!

Timeline

Well I told the folks at church to say a little prayer because I'd really like to be a citizen soon (read: Under Obama administration, yep, I said it!) and logged in today and my status changed to Interview Scheduled!!! Super excited to get that letter in the mail!!!

Congratulations! Christmas miracle happens! :) So happy for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.