smitherton

N-400 September 2016 Filers

1,076 posts in this topic

If the USCIS page is correct, my field office is processing March 2016..... :crying:

i hope they are not correct.

you should will be receiving the interview later sometime next week since you when online for interview on oct 25. when i call uscis they told me i will get the interview letter 30 days after i got my FP done. but again that is only assuming the uscis processing time is not correct.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Maribetances,

The lawyer on Avvo website said you most likely get your interviews in 60-90 days after fingerprint is done unless your field offices are one of busiest ones or you are stuck in the background check.

He's probably right. I saw someone who is just 1 number after mine already got interview scheduled as of 2 weeks ago. Mine will be on 12/21

Maribetances,

The lawyer on Avvo website said you most likely get your interviews in 60-90 days after fingerprint is done unless your field offices are one of busiest ones or you are stuck in the background check.

He's probably right. I saw someone who is just 1 number after mine already got interview scheduled as of 2 weeks ago. Mine will be on 12/21

when i call uscis last week they told me that the interview will be schedule 30 days after the FP is done if the field office is not to busy. some be people here already got the interview letter before the 30 days after the FP.

maybe my field office wont be that busy and i can have my interview sometime in JAN 2017

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Looks I am in inline since 10/13....my field office Santa Ana is really busy!

I am wondering when should I start calling USCUS....maybe wait till end of this month.

Looks I am in inline since 10/13....my field office Santa Ana is really busy!

I am wondering when should I start calling USCUS....maybe wait till end of this month.

if i was you i will call today so see what they say.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

how can I check that? or where?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Select your local field office to see processing dates.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

These dates and processing times posted, is it from the date your case was received by uscis? Right now my office says 5 months, it changed from March 26 on September 30. What exactly does this mean?

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

These dates and processing times posted, is it from the date your case was received by uscis? Right now my office says 5 months, it changed from March 26 on September 30. What exactly does this mean?

If your office says "5 months" it means that on average, from the time of the first receipt date till the time of oath, the N-400 procedure takes 5 months. It also means (and that is based on what a level 2 officer told me last week) that if the case gets "stuck" somewhere, they wont look into it until those 5 months have passed.

So say you send the package on 9/1 and they received it on 9/3 and then sent NOA 1 dated 9/6 then your case should be done and completed by February 6th.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If your office says "5 months" it means that on average, from the time of the first receipt date till the time of oath, the N-400 procedure takes 5 months. It also means (and that is based on what a level 2 officer told me last week) that if the case gets "stuck" somewhere, they wont look into it until those 5 months have passed.

So say you send the package on 9/1 and they received it on 9/3 and then sent NOA 1 dated 9/6 then your case should be done and completed by February 6th.

Oh thanks for the clarification

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

Filed: Timeline

hello,

can anybody suggest if this is Ok to call and check status in the following situation:

GC date: 12/10/2011

sent forms 09/20/2016

check cached: 09/27/2016

FP: 10/20/2016

and no news anymore ... site shows:

"On October 3, 2016, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hello,

can anybody suggest if this is Ok to call and check status in the following situation:

sent forms 09/20/2016

"On October 3, 2016, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for"

Hi, you can call and/or register on USCIS site and follow your case status there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

hello,

sent forms 09/20/2016

We have a somewhat similar time line and I had my FP done on 10/20 too and have the same "fingerprints scheduled" so hence why I called being a bit worried, and well turns out my background cleared on the 25th and been in line since (as mentioned above) and wouldn't have known unless I called. They said my status just isn't getting updated anymore, wondering if same is true for you!

Call and ask for Level 2 officer!

Let us know!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got the interview letter today but they put wrong alien numbers. :cry::cry: However, after I contacted them back, they let me know that it's their mistake and there are 2 more letters coming to my address. The last one is the correct one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.