smitherton

N-400 September 2016 Filers

1,076 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline
7 hours ago, neeqochan said:

I had my interview today, I PASSED!

Oath Ceremony scheduled for June 2nd, I was hoping for a closer location to where i live but the lady told me that I will have to take that date because thats the slot they were given. Oh well 

My appointment was at 11, I did not get called in until 12 noon

The interview itself took about 30-45 mins i lost track. This takes me to around 1PM When they Officer told me to sign my pictures and a receipt and then said he is recommending me for Approval, his supervisor will look over my file to ensure there were no issues.

I was directed back into the waiting area, then the Supervisor came and called me to ask a questions on my form and then he said wait to be seated. My Immigration officer came back to get me to ask the same question and thank God for being organized I brought taxes, new job letter, my brief affiliation with the Military etc. So when they called me back in I just whipped out my papers and then they said ok lets walk you back. 

At this time our parking was up, I asked the lady at the window if I could go move my car because my four hour parking was up and she said take your time. I move to the front of the building parked, waiting to go through security and when i walked in she called me right over to the window my letter was ready and waiting. I happily paid that $2 parking. Then i walked out smiling.

Best of luck to everyone on this long LONG LONG road, but we will get there eventually. 

Congrats @neeqochan! :jest:

I did my interview on March 18 but it looks like I will not get to do oath until June 13.

We're almost there!

Timeline
2 hours ago, tyler22 said:

I filed N-400 on September but I'm still waiting for the interview. Anyone have idea?

It's probably nothing but you should call and ask to speak to a Level 2 officer.

Here is the number to call :  1 (800) 375-5283

When you speak to the first person tell them it's been more than 3 months and insist on speaking to a Level 2.

I did and they were very friendly and actually gave me useful information that wasn't on the website (the first level doesn't know anything beyond what's on the web).

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 3/18/2017 at 4:26 PM, pieguy said:

Atlantic)

If if any one can update my status to interview scheduled jun14th Texas service center will be nice . Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
19 hours ago, pieguy said:

It's probably nothing but you should call and ask to speak to a Level 2 officer.

Here is the number to call :  1 (800) 375-5283

When you speak to the first person tell them it's been more than 3 months and insist on speaking to a Level 2.

I did and they were very friendly and actually gave me useful information that wasn't on the website (the first level doesn't know anything beyond what's on the web).

Good luck!

Okay, thanks. I will call them on Monday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/8/2017 at 5:46 PM, AA100 said:

Hey Dallas Peeps,

Any updates? My status is still 'Biometrics was scheduled.....' :(

Hey, I'm an August Dallas IOE filer (PD 8/15) and still waiting for interview to be scheduled.  I had been tracking all the July Dallas filers on here and based on their schedule (they've all had their interviews already), i should have had my interview about now, so not sure if there has been a slowdown in Dallas.  Seems like one of the slower offices in the country.  Hang tight!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 5/10/2017 at 4:29 PM, pieguy said:

Yes, it's good to have a concrete date!

How is yours going again? I forgot who has which date!

Mine is this Saturday :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 5/16/2017 at 1:29 AM, pieguy said:

"Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

First change in 3 weeks. Hopefully should get it before end of month. Getting closer!

Congrats!

On 5/16/2017 at 10:40 PM, Marmoura said:

Interview Notice received by mail yesterday 05/15 - interview was scheduled on 05/10 for Jun14th .. 

Good luck to you!

Timeline

So just a few minutes ago I FINALLY received my oath notice in the postal mail! 

June 13.

EXACTLY TWO MONTHS to the day after my interview.

:jest:B-):):P:D

Edited by pieguy

Timeline

Question: I will travel outside the US between now and the oath ceremony (big work trip, couldn't cancel even if I wanted to).

Does anyone know how this will affect the process on the ceremony day?

Edited by pieguy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, pieguy said:

So just a few minutes ago I FINALLY received my oath notice in the postal mail! 

June 13.

EXACTLY TWO MONTHS to the day after my interview.

:jest:B-):):P:D

Congrats I become US citizen on Tuesday the best feeling ever 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.