dave68

G325a Ukraine Fiance signature??

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just got all documents from my fiance in Ukraine. Ready to send I-129F out. Fiance`s signature looks like her last name, or initials, or combination. She says ukrainians do not do full name like americans. IT MATCHES HER PASSPORT SIGNATURE PERFECTLY. Anybody know anything about this??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your signature can be anything you want it to be.... some people use their whole first name, middle name, and last name, while others just use a first initial and last name, and some just use a scribble of sorts.

If her signature matches her passport, I wouldn't worry about it.

Good luck for a speedy approval.

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

as long as signature matches her important documents/ id's it will be fine, i even have my initials and signature the same, no problem. your fiance is fine dave. good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Just got all documents from my fiance in Ukraine. Ready to send I-129F out. Fiance`s signature looks like her last name, or initials, or combination. She says ukrainians do not do full name like americans. IT MATCHES HER PASSPORT SIGNATURE PERFECTLY. Anybody know anything about this??

YES!!!! Russians/ukrainian do not sign first and full name like americans do....it's just bunch of god knows what it is, crylics or whatever you call them :P

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My signature is a rather abstract squiggle that bears little rational relationship to any of the letters of my name. It seems to work just fine! If they match - all the better - I think you'll be okay :)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Its better to have her sign her full name and even her Patriarchal name which will become her middle name in the USA. I believe it begins to matter more for SS number and other things later on. I agree with the poster that said she should sign as is recorded in her INLT passport (and not her propiska).

This is how we did it and had no problems. However, a good rule of thumb is to sign what best represents you, But if it bears little resemblance to her true name it could be questioned by the adjudicating officer.

Remember, she is coming to the US and things should be done in close accordance as not everyone handling the documents understands how things are done in Ukraine.

Best regards,

John

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Its better to have her sign her full name and even her Patriarchal name which will become her middle name in the USA. I believe it begins to matter more for SS number and other things later on. I agree with the poster that said she should sign as is recorded in her INLT passport (and not her propiska).

This is how we did it and had no problems. However, a good rule of thumb is to sign what best represents you, But if it bears little resemblance to her true name it could be questioned by the adjudicating officer.

Remember, she is coming to the US and things should be done in close accordance as not everyone handling the documents understands how things are done in Ukraine.

Best regards,

John

Jomo's signature is more printed then cursive. No issues with it at all.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I am from Bulgaria and my signature is combination from my first and last nam,e and NO you will not see eastern europeans signing full name:)

But it was fine for the American Authorities when I was in the US last two summers so I guess it should be ok now too.

And IT IS my signature so I cannot do anything else but sign the way I do usually.

I think it is not a good idea to have your finace sign the forms with a signature different from the one in her passport and everywhere else...

Good Luck! :)

2007-03-26 I 129F Package sent

2007-03-29 NOA1 issued

2007-04-03 "touched"

2007-04-07 "touched" (Saturday)

2007-04-10 NOA!!!!!!!!Yoo-hooo

2007-04-11 "touched"

2007-04-19 consulate received

2007-04-24 Package 3 received

2007-05-21 Interview - Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007-05-23 Visa received

2007-08-28 JFK entry

2007-09-08 Married:)

2007-09-12 Sent AOS application

2007-09-14 AOS Received in Chicago

2007-09-24 NOA1 for GC, EAD, AP

2007-11-09 Biometrics app.

2007-11-XX EAD and AP received

2007-12-20 Transfered to CSC

2008-01-06 "touched"

2008-01-07 "touched"

2008-01-08 "touched"

2008-02-08 'touched"

2008-02-10 "touched"

2008-02-14 Card pruduction ordered :)

2008-02-15 "touched"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I went through that with my first fiancee. She used what she called her "sign" and said it was what was in her passport. We got through the K-1 process with it ok but the lady who signed her up for Social Security had a fit and absolutely would not accept it.

My current fiancee tried to do the same and use her "sign" and I made her print her name. It looks more like what we would call a signature. I have a feeling they see a lot of that and you will be ok.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I guess I will have to have her Americanize her signature in the USA when she arives, lol.

Why? Her signature is her signature.... If you look at mine you would have no idea what I wrote but it is how I sign everything.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I guess I will have to have her Americanize her signature in the USA when she arives, lol.

Why? Her signature is her signature.... If you look at mine you would have no idea what I wrote but it is how I sign everything.

Lol! I thought it was just me and my wife that grappled with this. She is also from Ukraine and made her "signature"...I looked at it and was like whoa...wth is that? I finally convinced her to sign one set of G325As the way she normally signs things, then had her do another version where she spelled out her entire name. It was sort of strange for her though...in her words it was "un-natural" to change the way she had always signed her name. After thinking about it for a while,. I ended up using the spelled out version. Besides, her original signature that she did had her old last name even though she took my name when we married.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lol! I thought it was just me and my wife that grappled with this. She is also from Ukraine and made her "signature"...I looked at it and was like whoa...wth is that? I finally convinced her to sign one set of G325As the way she normally signs things, then had her do another version where she spelled out her entire name. It was sort of strange for her though...in her words it was "un-natural" to change the way she had always signed her name. After thinking about it for a while,. I ended up using the spelled out version. Besides, her original signature that she did had her old last name even though she took my name when we married.

I did the same thing with Susanna and brought both versions back home to file. I first asked a American/Ukrainian couple how they did it or which one to use and they told me to use the spelled out one or risk having troubles later on. She also told me to use her patriarchal name as the middle name even though I argued that it wasn't really her middle name that’s what they wanted to see. But as I posted all turned out well and the petition was approved no questions asked.

John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.