dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2016

527 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Yes!!!! We got a case complete! The lady on the phone said that interviews are assigned over a 2 week period and she gave the dates August 29th to "like" September 12th.

Thank God, I was about to fax my letter to my congresswoman and 2 senators about the delay.

Good luck to everyone else....this is such an emotional roller coaster. Today I was so upset thinking about another 6 weeks but I guess prayers are answered and miracles do happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just checked and see 3 N/As!!!! Calling right now. My scan date was July 18th as well and I also requested a supervisor review on Monday or Tuesday of this week. On hold right now....hope to hear that we have a CC in a few minutes.

Congratulations. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys! I got CC today! :D I emailed them yesterday and when I checked online today I had 3 N/As! I called and confirmed as well! So happy <3

I recommend emailing them if they are not looking at your case. Worked for me!

Congratulations. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys! I got CC today! :D I emailed them yesterday and when I checked online today I had 3 N/As! I called and confirmed as well! So happy <3

Hey! Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you check the NVC site under reciprocity https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/MX.html

for your country to see if you need to? Also is your case# starting with CDJ or MEP? Did lawyer filing EP or it's MEP?

Thank you Dwheels76. My husband called today and they said that Mexico doesn't need it. Thank you for your replied.

Timeline

Are you the immigrating person? If yes then you will be included in the household and your wife and her parents have to fill out those forms as they are coming from them.

To check the requirement you include yourself and the people already living in that household.

But here is my question, if your wife is filing just for you alone then her income should be enough. Check the i864p form (which is the income requirement). However if she is sponsoring other people migrating with you then she can combine her parents income.

Yes I am the immigrating person. Yeah her parents will be filling out to support the income requirement.

The scenario you told that if she is just sponsoring me (that is true in my case) but she started working in last september itself so the last year income would not be enough to sponsor me alone.

The other thing if i am included in the household then the total members are (myself, my wife , her parents and two siblings) who all live in the same household. So we should be considering the income requirement as per 125% poverty guidelines for 6 people right ? Or we just need to be including me and my wife as household and check the income requirement of only 2 people household.

Please let me know how should we approach this thing.

Thanks.

Hey all Sept. filers!

I am mailing the AOS and !V packages next week. Quick question about the actual package.

Did you all follow this step from the wiki "I suggest putting each package in a separate manila envelope (and clearly mark it and write "AOS" or "IV" on each one), then putting both manila envelopes inside one shipping envelope."

NVC website says "you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC."

I'm just curious as to what others have done and if it matters?

Thanks!

CR-1 Visa Journey

18/03/16 ............I-130 sent
21/03/16 ............I-130 delivered
21/03/16.............NOA1 (Nebraska)

24/03/16.............Cash Checked
30/03/16............ NOA1 Hard Copy
21/07/16.............NOA2!!!!

NVC

09/08/16.............NVC received file

26/08/16.............Case number, IIN and DS-261 submitted

30/08/16.............Paid AOS Bill

04/09/16.............Paid IV Bill
07/09/16.............Sent AOS & IV package
09/09/16.............Delivered package to NVC
12/09/16.............NVC Scan
28/10/16.............Checklist - Birth Certificate
21/11/16.............Second scan date
23/01/17.............Case complete!!!
03/02/17.............Interview date from NVC 16 March
04/02/17.............Email IV received 
05/04/17.............Entered USA

ROC
09/01/19.............Sent I-751
10/01/19.............Delivered I-751 
14/01/19.............Credit Card Charged $680

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi!! That's a great new!! Congratulations! What address did you email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Hey all Sept. filers!

I am mailing the AOS and !V packages next week. Quick question about the actual package.

Did you all follow this step from the wiki "I suggest putting each package in a separate manila envelope (and clearly mark it and write "AOS" or "IV" on each one), then putting both manila envelopes inside one shipping envelope."

NVC website says "you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC."

I'm just curious as to what others have done and if it matters?

Thanks!

Do what it says on the NVC website. They need to update the wiki; Saylin is aware. There are a couple of other differences you may have noticed--photos are no longer required at this stage, and there is just one cover sheet/checkoff page for both the AOS and IV packages.

12/14 Met at work in Rwanda

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

5/06/16 NVC received case

5/20/16 Case number assigned

5/23/16 Email from NVC with case number

5/23/16 Choice of Agent filled out, AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/31/16 Called NVC, reviewed I-261 over the phone

6/02/16 IV bill invoiced and paid

7/28/16 Finally! All police clearances and birth certificate received; mailed IV and AOS; filed I-260

8/04/16 Official scan date (tracking shows "delivered" the day before)

8/15/16 Visiting my husband! 10 days

9/01/16 Received checklist in error, claiming our application was on hold because of a waiver application we never filed

9/02/16 Sent for supervisor review, six week timeframe given

9/13/16 Sent for "document review", whatever that is, told the timeframe is now indefinite

9/20/16 Contacted US Representative Adam Smith's office for assistance (WA)

9/26/16 3 N/As and Case Complete!

11/14/16 Interview: approved pending medical! (Vaccines hadn't been available)

11/19/16 Visa received in passport

12/09/16 POE Seattle

03/06/17 Green card received (address changed after POE, no problem)

5/2017 Our baby is due

Yes I am the immigrating person. Yeah her parents will be filling out to support the income requirement.

The scenario you told that if she is just sponsoring me (that is true in my case) but she started working in last september itself so the last year income would not be enough to sponsor me alone.

The other thing if i am included in the household then the total members are (myself, my wife , her parents and two siblings) who all live in the same household. So we should be considering the income requirement as per 125% poverty guidelines for 6 people right ? Or we just need to be including me and my wife as household and check the income requirement of only 2 people household.

Please let me know how should we approach this thing.

Thanks.

Okay so I will tell you this much that I know have worked for me. My brother got his job this year and less than 6 months ago. I submitted his current income from his new job. They look for current job and they look at one year salary so if ur wife started in september and if her income is above the poverty line and she can support u then she should just do i864ez. What she would have to do in that case would be write a letter explaining why her 2015 income and current income are different. She would have to say something like how she got new job hence her income is different from her 2015 income. In addition to the letter she would have to either send her paystub from each month (one from each month would do) or produce a offering letter from the company.

That should do it. She just have to explain why her 2015 income on tax returns or transcript are different. I hope she filed her taxes in the last 3 years.

As for ur question about household yes, if her parents are including their 2 kids plus her and then u then yes 6. The form is easy to fill because it automatically counts the number.

I just got 3 N/As and I will call to confirm Tuesday about my case complete. It only took me a month for this. I will write a separate note on what I did that helped me get the 3n/as so quickly.

Timeline

Okay so I will tell you this much that I know have worked for me. My brother got his job this year and less than 6 months ago. I submitted his current income from his new job. They look for current job and they look at one year salary so if ur wife started in september and if her income is above the poverty line and she can support u then she should just do i864ez. What she would have to do in that case would be write a letter explaining why her 2015 income and current income are different. She would have to say something like how she got new job hence her income is different from her 2015 income. In addition to the letter she would have to either send her paystub from each month (one from each month would do) or produce a offering letter from the company.

That should do it. She just have to explain why her 2015 income on tax returns or transcript are different. I hope she filed her taxes in the last 3 years.

As for ur question about household yes, if her parents are including their 2 kids plus her and then u then yes 6. The form is easy to fill because it automatically counts the number.

I just got 3 N/As and I will call to confirm Tuesday about my case complete. It only took me a month for this. I will write a separate note on what I did that helped me get the 3n/as so quickly.

Thanks for your advice on the filing.As per you said that my wife can only file with her own income but the requirement for 2 people in household is $20025 which she didnt make in year 2015 as per their need. And for the current year too she doesnot fulfill the requirement of that income. So i will have to file with co-sponsors as her parents and that will include 2 siblings as dependent too so household size for filing would be 6 people and requirement for that is $40725. Which their income will jointly fulfill it. So i will file i-864 for my wife and i-864 for her dad and then i-864a for her mom as per what i understood from various posts i have read here. Please correct me if i am wrong here.

Btw congrats on you getting the case complete soon and completing your journey at NVC soon. I hope you the bst for everyone out here waiting and praying for them too.

The details about how you proceded with it will definitely help me as well as others who are this stage. Thanks for the advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.