dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2016

527 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys !! I am about to start my journey to NVC soon and i am trying to get myself prepared for all the documents to be sent in the AOS and IV package. I wanted to know if we have to attach a police certificate(PCC) in this package itseld or is it just required at interview stage.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Guys !! I am about to start my journey to NVC soon and i am trying to get myself prepared for all the documents to be sent in the AOS and IV package. I wanted to know if we have to attach a police certificate(PCC) in this package itseld or is it just required at interview stage.

Thanks.

Copy sent to NVC original for the interview.

Timeline

Copy sent to NVC original for the interview.

Thanks for the reply. Actually I recently renewed my passport and did a police certificate for it as well. So i read somewhere that i can collect that from the passport office in that case. Is that true ? Can i do that ?

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. Actually I recently renewed my passport and did a police certificate for it as well. So i read somewhere that i can collect that from the passport office in that case. Is that true ? Can i do that ?

As long as its the official police report for your country that should be fine. How long ago did you obtain that report?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Should I get an update from USCIS whenever my package is sent to the NVC? I got my NOA-2 on August 31, but haven't seen any updates since then. At what point should I touch base with USCIS, if at all?

(L) Married: April 23, 2016 (L)

CR-1 Timeline

Spoiler

USCIS Timeline
2016-04-30     Filed I-130
2016-05-02     Received NOA1
2016-08-31     Received NOA2
2016-09-27     Case sent to the NVC (151 days at USCIS)

NVC Timeline
2016-10-03     NVC Received Case
2016-10-14     Received Welcome Letter and Case Number via Email
2016-10-14     AOS Fee Invoiced, Paid AOS Fee
2016-10-14     Submitted Choice of Agent (DS-261)
2016-10-22     IV Fee Invoiced, Paid IV Fee
2016-10-25     Emailed AOS Package
2016-10-26     Submitted IV Application (DS-260)
2016-10-27     Scan Date
2016-12-07     Received Checklist via Phone, Emailed Checklist Documents
2016-12-08     Case Entered Supervisor Review
2016-12-13     Case Complete Received via Phone
2016-12-15     Interview Date Received via Phone
2016-12-16     Received Interview Letter via Email (Packet 4)
2016-12-16     Case sent to Embassy (75 days at NVC)

Montreal Embassy Timeline
2016-12-19     Embassy Received Case
2017-01-03     Medical
2017-01-26     Interview! (272 days from filing date)
2017-01-26     Interview Results - Approved!
2017-01-27     Visa Issued
2017-01-30     Visa Received

USA Timeline
2017-02-09     POE

2017-02-21     Received SSN
0000-00-00     Received Green Card

Timeline

Should I get an update from USCIS whenever my package is sent to the NVC? I got my NOA-2 on August 31, but haven't seen any updates since then. At what point should I touch base with USCIS, if at all?

When your status on USCIS.GOV shows "Sent to department of state" that should be an indication that your file is on its way to NVC. However USCIS doesn't always update their system.

Timeline

As long as its the official police report for your country that should be fine. How long ago did you obtain that report?

Yeah it is the official police report and it was just issued first week of september.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Has anybody problems with NVC website? When I try to check my case number I got this message: "Application Error You have encountered an application error. Please try again later." Is this something that happen mostly or what? Bests :)

Timeline

Has anybody problems with NVC website? When I try to check my case number I got this message: "Application Error You have encountered an application error. Please try again later." Is this something that happen mostly or what? Bests :)

System maintenance

Working again for me now. Was hopeful that it meant they are working on my case and I would see three N/As but no such luck...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My second scan date was 12th of July. After 6 weeks has passed I talked to NVC and they transfered me to a Supervisor who told that my case will be transfered to "Verification Department" to see why it hasn't been reviewed within the time frame. This process will take up to 6 weeks as the supervisor said. Tomorrow I countdawn to 4 weeks of waiting and still my AOS says "Paid". Did somebody else go through this process to tell me if they take the full 6 weeks or around 30 days mostly?

And another question is, if I don't receive any answer till 4th of October (that's my deadline of 6 weeks) what are the next steps to take?

Thanks and good luck to all :)

Does anybody have an answer about this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.