dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2016

527 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

SCAN Date 15. August

CC Date 9. September

25 days is very good, since I got the 30 days email first and on the phone they told me 4-6 weeks. So I was expecting it to be longer till CC. :)

p.s.: since I am EB1 I am EXEMPT from Affidavit of Support and it never changed to N/A.

Edited by goblin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

which form do i fill out for aos for sponsor beuase i have low inconme if i want to use a house hold memeber like my dad what form do i need to fill out

I-864 for you, even if you make zero income. Your dad is only your household member if you claim for him on your taxes. Household member doesn't just mean living at the same address. Your dad will be a joint sponsor and will need his own I-864.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

thanks trhen with is i-864a for

That would for your dad's wife if he is combining income with her to reach the required amount. If your dad does not have a wife and/or earns enough to act as joint sponsor by himself, no I-864A is needed.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

So we have called and emailed both NVC and USCIS - not yet received by NVC and USCIS can't explain where documents currently are :(

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

That would for your dad's wife if he is combining income with her to reach the required amount. If your dad does not have a wife and/or earns enough to act as joint sponsor by himself, no I-864A is needed.

Actually that is not true. I864a is a contract between main sponsor and a household member.

If your dad is going to be the sole person, who is residing with u then he needs to file i864a since u will be using his income.

Here is expert from i864a from instructions:

" Who May Be Considered a Household Member for Purposes of Form I-864A? For purposes of this contract, a household member is: 1. A U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or U.S. national relative who has the same principal residence as the sponsor and is related to the sponsor as a spouse, adult child, parent, or sibling; 2. A U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or U.S. national relative or other person whom the sponsor has lawfully claimed as a dependent on the sponsors most recent Federal income tax return even if that person does not live at the same residence as the sponsor; or 3. The intending immigrant, in certain circumstances. (See the How Can the Intending Immigrant Be Considered a Household Member section of these Instructions.)"

It can be any of the three. Also here is another helpful site on this.

http://www.usimmigrationlawyers.com/resources/immigration-law/adjustment-status/what-are-requirements-for-household-member-sign-

I used my brother to help me so I did i864a with him. My case passed and I am waiting for an interview now.

Actually that is not true. I864a is a contract between main sponsor and a household member.

If your dad is going to be the sole person, who is residing with u then he needs to file i864a since u will be using his income.

Here is expert from i864a from instructions:

" Who May Be Considered a Household Member for Purposes of Form I-864A? For purposes of this contract, a household member is: 1. A U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or U.S. national relative who has the same principal residence as the sponsor and is related to the sponsor as a spouse, adult child, parent, or sibling; 2. A U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or U.S. national relative or other person whom the sponsor has lawfully claimed as a dependent on the sponsors most recent Federal income tax return even if that person does not live at the same residence as the sponsor; or 3. The intending immigrant, in certain circumstances. (See the How Can the Intending Immigrant Be Considered a Household Member section of these Instructions.)"

It can be any of the three. Also here is another helpful site on this.

http://www.usimmigrationlawyers.com/resources/immigration-law/adjustment-status/what-are-requirements-for-household-member-sign-

I used my brother to help me so I did i864a with him. My case passed and I am waiting for an interview now.

After reading this stuff about the i864a, I am now really confused and worried whether we have our paperwork right. We're going to be sending it off today.

My husband lives with his parents. As he doesn't make enough, his father will act as joint sponsor. Because they live together, his dad has filled out an i864-A. Does he need to do his own i864 as well??? :unsure:

...~Timeline~...

Married - December 29th 2015

~USCIS~

I-130 Sent - March 11th 2016

NOA1 - Nebraska - March 17th 2016

NOA2 - July 19th 2016

~NVC~
NVC Welcome Letter Received - August 19th 2016

Scan Date - September 19th 2016

Supervisor Review - November 1st 2016

CASE COMPLETE! - November 4th 2016

~Interview Process~

P4 E-mail Received - November 10th 2016

Medical - December 2nd 2016

Interview - December 19th 2016 - APPROVED!!!
Visa in Hand - December 23rd 2016!
POE - January 15th 2017
(L) 

After reading this stuff about the i864a, I am now really confused and worried whether we have our paperwork right. We're going to be sending it off today.

My husband lives with his parents. As he doesn't make enough, his father will act as joint sponsor. Because they live together, his dad has filled out an i864-A. Does he need to do his own i864 as well??? :unsure:

If ur husband is the sponsor then he has to do i864 regardless of if he is making enough or not.

Quoting myself...Just called NVC to check and they said his dad only needed to do the i864a!

...~Timeline~...

Married - December 29th 2015

~USCIS~

I-130 Sent - March 11th 2016

NOA1 - Nebraska - March 17th 2016

NOA2 - July 19th 2016

~NVC~
NVC Welcome Letter Received - August 19th 2016

Scan Date - September 19th 2016

Supervisor Review - November 1st 2016

CASE COMPLETE! - November 4th 2016

~Interview Process~

P4 E-mail Received - November 10th 2016

Medical - December 2nd 2016

Interview - December 19th 2016 - APPROVED!!!
Visa in Hand - December 23rd 2016!
POE - January 15th 2017
(L) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

So we have called and emailed both NVC and USCIS - not yet received by NVC and USCIS can't explain where documents currently are :(

Hi Mandb, I called NVC just now and they guy confirmed that they received our case yesterday. Did you receive any email or SMS from USCIS that they already forwarded your case to NVC? We got an email last week that they just forwarded our case September 8 though we were approved August 9 so from then we've been calling the NVC everyday since Monday.

Edited by chrmar

I'm a newbie, but we just sent our I-130 in. I guess I join the ranks of those who are waiting!

Married: September 12, 2015

I-130 sent to Chicago: September 12, 2016

NOA email received: September 19, 2016

Application sent to Nebraska Service Center

Application transferred to Potomac Service Center: February 9th, 2017

I-130 Approved: March 20th, 2017

Case Sent to NVC: April 5th, 2017

Case Received at NVC: April 11th, 2017

Case # and IID Received: April 11th, 2017

DS-261 Complete: April 12th, 2017

AOS Paid: April 15th, 2017

IV Paid: April 18th, 2017

DS 260 Complete: May 2, 2017

Sent in AOS & IV package: May 29, 2017

Scan Date: May 31, 2017

Checklist: August 8, 2017

Checklist package received by NVC: August 28, 2017

Expedite Requested: August 31, 2017

Expedite Approved: September 14, 2017

Case Complete: September 14, 2017

Case sent to Embassy: September 18, 2017

Interview Scheduled: October 5, 2017

Interview Date: October 17, 2017

I'm a newbie, but we just sent our I-130 in. I guess I join the ranks of those who are waiting!

This thread is for people who are in the NVC stage which is the stage after the I-130 is approved. By all means stick around and pick up some hints and tips on this part of the processs in readiness but you might also went to join the September I-130 thread for specific information about your current stage in the process.

Good luck on your visa journey. Hope it's quick and smooth!

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.