dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2016

827 posts in this topic

Even I am trying to find out how to track green card. I know you can use this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and use case number from your green card fee receipt which starts with IOE**********

Not sure if there is any other way to dertmine how long it would take to get a green card in hand. They usually say 120 days, but few have received theirs within 50-65 days.

I have been trying that link but it keep saying (error) ?

Have you received your SSN card ?

`

CR-1

PETITION FILED I-130 : DECEMBER 09 2015

I-130 APPROVED : APRIL 18 2016

NVC RECEIVED PETITION : MAY 16 2016

PAID AOS : MAY 20 2016

IV FEES : MAY 25 2016

SENT PACKAGES TO NVC : MAY 25 2016

CASE COMPLETE : JUNE 27 2016

MEDICAL APPOINTMENT :AUGUST 15 2016

INTERVIEW DATE / VISA APPROVED : AUGUST 26 2016 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

VISAS IN HAND, GREEN CARD FEES PAID :SEPTEMBER 06-2016
PORT OF ENTRY :ORLANDO INTL AIRPORT: SEPTEMBER-09-2016
GREEN CARD RECEIVED :OCTOBER 28TH 2016 (CR-1) 48 days
FILING REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 12 JUNE 2018

Since I have been living abroad and right now do not have a job offer, and we are planning to move 3 weeks after my husband gets his visa. If I do not have a job when moved to US would I be able to get medical insurance at least for our girls since my husband has a joint sponsor?

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Filed: Timeline

interview is done. questions were easy but still under administrative processing. they need me to submit a I864a of my dad and mom.

I sent My I864 together with my dad's I864 and my moms I864a to the nvc last may 2016.

From what I understand before I needed to fill up the I864 if i am the sponsor and another I864 for my father if he is my joint sponsor. I864a for my mother because she is part of father's household because they filed taxes together.

The lady from the releasing window told me that my dad needed to fill up the I864a not the I864 because we live in the same household even when we don't file our taxes together...???

if i only knewww... i hope the AP won't be that long...anyone went through Ap before? and how long did it take?

Since I have been living abroad and right now do not have a job offer, and we are planning to move 3 weeks after my husband gets his visa. If I do not have a job when moved to US would I be able to get medical insurance at least for our girls since my husband has a joint sponsor?

Are your girls us citizen or green card holder? There are health care laws. Everyone living legally has to get health insurance. They may be able to get some under medicare.

interview is done. questions were easy but still under administrative processing. they need me to submit a I864a of my dad and mom.

I sent My I864 together with my dad's I864 and my moms I864a to the nvc last may 2016.

From what I understand before I needed to fill up the I864 if i am the sponsor and another I864 for my father if he is my joint sponsor. I864a for my mother because she is part of father's household because they filed taxes together.

The lady from the releasing window told me that my dad needed to fill up the I864a not the I864 because we live in the same household even when we don't file our taxes together...???

if i only knewww... i hope the AP won't be that long...anyone went through Ap before? and how long did it take?

According to the fine print on i864a instructions your family members living in the same household have to file i874a. Anyone who lives on the same house address must file i864a from what I understood.

AP means you are approved. If they kept the passport it is approved.

Filed: Timeline

According to the fine print on i864a instructions your family members living in the same household have to file i874a. Anyone who lives on the same house address must file i864a from what I understood.

AP means you are approved. If they kept the passport it is approved.

I understood wrong about the Aos form ??

yea they kept the passport.

Yes I received it this Friday. We had to go to SSN office though.

Awesome that's great , I'm still waiting on mines

`

CR-1

PETITION FILED I-130 : DECEMBER 09 2015

I-130 APPROVED : APRIL 18 2016

NVC RECEIVED PETITION : MAY 16 2016

PAID AOS : MAY 20 2016

IV FEES : MAY 25 2016

SENT PACKAGES TO NVC : MAY 25 2016

CASE COMPLETE : JUNE 27 2016

MEDICAL APPOINTMENT :AUGUST 15 2016

INTERVIEW DATE / VISA APPROVED : AUGUST 26 2016 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

VISAS IN HAND, GREEN CARD FEES PAID :SEPTEMBER 06-2016
PORT OF ENTRY :ORLANDO INTL AIRPORT: SEPTEMBER-09-2016
GREEN CARD RECEIVED :OCTOBER 28TH 2016 (CR-1) 48 days
FILING REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 12 JUNE 2018

congrats to everyone.......''''''''''' :dancing::dancing::dancing:

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

AP can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on how quickly they review the new documents you sent it. Hopefully you guys will get approved soon! So both your parents will be joint sponsors? Only my father filled out an i-864A because it's only his income that we'll be using; because my parents file their taxes jointly, he gave his 1099 and W2 in addition to the tax transcript to show his part of the income.

According to the i-864A instructions:

"Form I-864A may only be used when a sponsor’s income and assets do not meet the income requirements of Form I-864 and the qualifying household member chooses to combine his or her resources with the income and/or assets of a sponsor to meet the requirements.

If you provide a photocopy of your tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every FormW-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these Forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint Federal income tax return with your spouse."

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

AP can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on how quickly they review the new documents you sent it. Hopefully you guys will get approved soon! So both your parents will be joint sponsors? Only my father filled out an i-864A because it's only his income that we'll be using; because my parents file their taxes jointly, he gave his 1099 and W2 in addition to the tax transcript to show his part of the income.

According to the i-864A instructions:

"Form I-864A may only be used when a sponsor’s income and assets do not meet the income requirements of Form I-864 and the qualifying household member chooses to combine his or her resources with the income and/or assets of a sponsor to meet the requirements.

If you provide a photocopy of your tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every FormW-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these Forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint Federal income tax return with your spouse."

I believe it is i864a for both your parents, only if they are filling separately (i think). do a bit of research on google to find the right answer. My advice would be to spend time making sure that your documents are right and correct rather than hurrying through it.

Also I believe you do not need to send the tax returns that you filed in addition to tax transcripts that you get from IRS unless you made amendments to your taxes. your tax transcripts should be good.

I believe it is i864a for both your parents, only if they are filling separately (i think). do a bit of research on google to find the right answer. My advice would be to spend time making sure that your documents are right and correct rather than hurrying through it.

Also I believe you do not need to send the tax returns that you filed in addition to tax transcripts that you get from IRS unless you made amendments to your taxes. your tax transcripts should be good.

Actually, I did do some research and that is what I found ;) My father had to send his W2 and 1099 because he and my mother file jointly, and those forms show which part of the income is his (basically providing evidence of how much he actually contributes to the household income). That is also written in the instructions of the i-864A (as I quoted earlier).

My husband hasn't had his interview yet (he had to undergo the sputum exam so we're still waiting on the culture results) so I can't really say what I did is the correct way; though my research seems to back me up a little bit hehe. I think we can all agree that all these forms (especially the Affidavit of Support) are super confusing lol.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Are your girls us citizen or green card holder? There are health care laws. Everyone living legally has to get health insurance. They may be able to get some under medicare.

My girls and I are USC and we have been abroad with my husband, they are born abroad but have USC. His interview in October 3rd but if I do not get a job offer by then or little later I was thinking to move anyway. And then get at least the girls on some kind of insurance till I find a job with benefits.

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Actually, I did do some research and that is what I found ;) My father had to send his W2 and 1099 because he and my mother file jointly, and those forms show which part of the income is his (basically providing evidence of how much he actually contributes to the household income). That is also written in the instructions of the i-864A (as I quoted earlier).

My husband hasn't had his interview yet (he had to undergo the sputum exam so we're still waiting on the culture results) so I can't really say what I did is the correct way; though my research seems to back me up a little bit hehe. I think we can all agree that all these forms (especially the Affidavit of Support) are super confusing lol.

well did your search say to send both the tax returns and tax transcripts? because as far as I saw on uscis tax transcripts is enough because it is already filed and it is easier to send rather than finding tax returns at home.

Believe me, I had the hardest time making sure that I was sending the right documents and right information with AOS. it took me month and a half to put together my AOS and even then I was so confused and nervous. But it worked because my case was complete in less than a month and then interview scheduled. now just waiting for medical review.

on a side note: does anyone know that if the embassy doesn't lose our AOS forms, do we have to provide them with originals or copies? I am with my husband waiting for his interview but I had my brother do i864a and he is back home. I was thinking of preparing in advance before going to the interview.

My girls and I are USC and we have been abroad with my husband, they are born abroad but have USC. His interview in October 3rd but if I do not get a job offer by then or little later I was thinking to move anyway. And then get at least the girls on some kind of insurance till I find a job with benefits.

So yes you and your family will have to apply for healthcare as it is mandatory now under Obamacare. it is helpful and hurtful at the same time. I would suggest applying in person than online. online system sucks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.