dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2016

827 posts in this topic

Hey DWHEELS....long time. Although I still follow, I aam now a silent observer. I hope that you are you're husband are enjoying being reunited.

Anyways, I wanted to tell you that I figured out a way to track the greencard..once you are to that point. The instructions were helpful but after the point of payment it got a little muddled for me. With the assistance and explanation of another VJ'er this is how it works.

Once you pay the fee, you will be issued a invoice number. (Example - IOE*******). Print a copy of that and retain it for your records. After POE, log into USCIS and begin checking, using the IOE** number under case status. If the card is not yet in production you will receive an error message; something to the effect of incorrect receipt number. Don't lyrics dismayed...keep trying. Once you get the message that the card is in production, you can then add it to your "my cases" and sign up for email and text notifications--similar to the way done with USCIS receipt number tracking.

Hope this makes sense and someone finds it useful.

My husband POE was 3 Aug 16. The greencard fee was paid same day (as he was mid-air).

Checked the case status Monday (9/12), and saw that it was in production. I added the case to "my cases". Later that evening I received and update that the greencard had been mailed.

Finally, I want to say again to you and everyone that I have become acquainted with here...thank you so much for this site, for the support and the advice. We managed to get through this process in a lighting fast pace with only 1 hiccup...and that occurred early on and prior to me becoming a member. Once we rec'd the RFE at the USCIS stage, I became a member and with the reading the information here and guidance from you and others...we had not 1 issue after.

Thank you!!!

Thank you so so much for this information! I've been logging in with IOE****** case number since August 7th (my husband's POE). Now it gives me hope that your husband GC is on the way and his POE was just 4 days earlier. We paid the fee on Aug 5. We'll keep checking and hopefully there will be 'in production' status, instead of that error message. Please keep us posted on the date GC arrives :) THANK YOU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I just received my visa in the mail! The entire package. I don't dare take the envelope for POE out of the envelope it was in on its way to me, I'm so afraid of damaging it. So silly :rofl:

Don't sweat it. You were approved. The status changes to AP in the time between leaving the CO's desk and the time your visa is printed and put into your passport. You'll be fine!

Sukie in NY

Thanks for your nice words, Sukie! It was indeed approved and my passport is here with me now, along with the visa inside.

I got in a big trouble. My interview is in 6 days and i just git a call from embassy that they can't proceed my case as i have a visitor status in canada. What do i do now?

Oh no! I hope it will get figured out soon!

hey guys wanted to ask
once the visa is approved how do you get it do they ask you or how does that work

I just got mine, it was sent via certified mail. But some have to come pick it up, so it really depends.

yeheh. Going home tonight ✈️✈️✈️. currently waiting for my flight.

Safe flight on your way home!

Approved!!!
Approved!!!

Yes! Congratulations! :dancing::dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First of all, I wanna give all the glory to Almighty God that made this happen, then to the vj website and the members, you guys are wonderfully helpful. To all that are still looking forward to starting this process, I wish you happy waiting. And to all the uscis approved cases, welcome to the NVC journey. To all the case complete and those waiting for interview, I wish you guys the best of luck..... its worth the wait. HAWAII here I come

Fatokun Olamide Yusuf

Approved!!!

Approved!!!

congrats wow what was asked of you :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

just finished medical now,have been given a CD to give out at the port of entry,interview 13 days from today...pray for me

ohh me to interview in 12 days

hey guys congrats to all approvals and medicals well 11 days to my interview I am praying for all of us and please pray for me thanks guys :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::secret:

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

thanks alot I have a quick question for everyone for our pictures for the interview can they be in binder thanks

• ******NVC*****

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

congratulation for approved people, mine one in coming after two days ,its 18th, i am praying for all of us, please keep praying so that we can be very sooner with our soul maths for the rest of the life

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

thanks alot I have a quick question for everyone for our pictures for the interview can they be in binder thanks

They usually don't accept 3-ring binders, as you have to hand over your paperwork through those slots like you sometimes see in a bank. You can use a big binder clip or paper clip to hold the pages together, or slide them into a manila envelope or plastic sleeve.

They might not even look at or ask for your pictures anyway.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

They usually don't accept 3-ring binders, as you have to hand over your paperwork through those slots like you sometimes see in a bank. You can use a big binder clip or paper clip to hold the pages together, or slide them into a manila envelope or plastic sleeve.

They might not even look at or ask for your pictures anyway.

Sukie in NY

oh really what about a photo album

or even a rubber band around them would that be ok

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.