dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2016

827 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions. I have been following this thread for a while and don't know if there is a different thread I should post these questions in, but I know a few people here might have the Answers...

My mom's case was approved, she already had her interview, already entered in the US, has been here since August 28th.

We got her Social Security Number in the mail on Friday September 9th.

My questions are:

1. Regarding the Social Security Number Card. Her name was not complete. For example, if her name was to be:

JENNIFFER_NATALLIE

JOHNSON_WILLIAMS

Her name actually appears as:

JENNIFFER_NATALL

JOHNSON_WILLIAMS

Her middle name is missing the last two letters. Has anyone else had this happen? I researched online and saw something about there being a limited amount of characters available in the card. However, what I found was that there were 26 available characters (including spaces) PER LINE. My mom's actual name + space + middle name is 18 characters long. Her actual last names are lastname1 + space + lastname2 are 16 characters long and they were not cut off. Does anyone know what this is all about?

2. Green Card Status. How do I track it?. I logged in with my same account that I used to log in to USCIS when I initially applied for the I-130 to track that then, then I entered the USCIS Receipt number that I got when I paid the $165 Green Card Fee online (it was a receipt number that began with IOE letters), and nothing comes up when I check that receipt number. Is it too early to check? how else can I check? Am I logging in with the wrong information? I payed it on Payment Date: Jul 11, 2016

3. Regarding OBAMACARE. I know my mom is required by law, like everyone else living legally in the US, to be insured, otherwise she will get a penalty when she does her taxes next year. The question is... when does she need to sign up? If I don't have the physical green card yet, can I sign up? I tried to signup on HealthCare.gov, but it said it couldn't find her information (i used her social security number which we just got last friday). If she is required to sign up by law, is there a grace period for people who just got here? like how long after you arrived until you have to signup before you get penalized?

Is there a better thread where I should post this, for people who are already in the states and have similar issues on what to do next and how to do it?

Thank you for your help if any :)

MW

1. You need to get back to the SS office and correct immediately.
  2. Until the card goes to production there's nothing you will see. Once you get notification of card in production then things move pretty quick. Usually less than 2 weeks green card arrives. We paid July 18th and received green card in 46 days.
  3. Get a job first its not that big a deal. We don't have insurance and really I could careless. N one is required by aw to get healthcare if not working.

You can also post in the general discussion forum if you want more answers.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got in a big trouble. My interview is in 6 days and i just git a call from embassy that they can't proceed my case as i have a visitor status in canada. What do i do now?

I got in a big trouble. My interview is in 6 days and i just git a call from embassy that they can't proceed my case as i have a visitor status in canada. What do i do now?

Oh no! So you're not a Canadian citizen? How is it that no one has caught this until now? :huh:

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Timeline

Oh no! So you're not a Canadian citizen? How is it that no one has caught this until now? :huh:

The nvc said its okay. And all of a sudden i received a call. But the lady on the phone called me again and asks for few documents and said she will contact me again by end of the day or tomorrow. So lets see what happens. Please pray for me guys

hey guys wanted to ask

once the visa is approved how do you get it do they ask you or how does that work

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

The nvc said its okay. And all of a sudden i received a call. But the lady on the phone called me again and asks for few documents and said she will contact me again by end of the day or tomorrow. So lets see what happens. Please pray for me guys

How inconvenient that they notify you about this less than a week before your interview... anyway, I hope everything works out for you! :)

hey guys wanted to ask

once the visa is approved how do you get it do they ask you or how does that work

I'm not sure if there's anything specific for your embassy, but usually they ask where you would want your visa to be sent.

Perhaps this link can help you: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ba/niv/information/courier

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

• You need to get back to the SS office and correct immediately.
  • Until the card goes to production there's nothing you will see. Once you get notification of card in production then things move pretty quick. Usually less than 2 weeks green card arrives. We paid July 18th and received green card in 46 days.
  • Get a job first its not that big a deal. We don't have insurance and really I could careless. N one is required by aw to get healthcare if not working.
You can also post in the general discussion forum if you want more answers.

Hi dwheels76

I am in the same boat regarding hubby's green card arrival. SSN arrived in 6 days. Green card fees paid and unable to track with IOE case status number. POE was August 7th. You said you guys received it in 46 days,so I assume it should happen soon for us too. When do I get that notification that the GC is in production? And how did you get it, via email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey DWHEELS....long time. Although I still follow, I aam now a silent observer. I hope that you are you're husband are enjoying being reunited.

Anyways, I wanted to tell you that I figured out a way to track the greencard..once you are to that point. The instructions were helpful but after the point of payment it got a little muddled for me. With the assistance and explanation of another VJ'er this is how it works.

Once you pay the fee, you will be issued a invoice number. (Example - IOE*******). Print a copy of that and retain it for your records. After POE, log into USCIS and begin checking, using the IOE** number under case status. If the card is not yet in production you will receive an error message; something to the effect of incorrect receipt number. Don't lyrics dismayed...keep trying. Once you get the message that the card is in production, you can then add it to your "my cases" and sign up for email and text notifications--similar to the way done with USCIS receipt number tracking.

Hope this makes sense and someone finds it useful.

My husband POE was 3 Aug 16. The greencard fee was paid same day (as he was mid-air).

Checked the case status Monday (9/12), and saw that it was in production. I added the case to "my cases". Later that evening I received and update that the greencard had been mailed.

Finally, I want to say again to you and everyone that I have become acquainted with here...thank you so much for this site, for the support and the advice. We managed to get through this process in a lighting fast pace with only 1 hiccup...and that occurred early on and prior to me becoming a member. Once we rec'd the RFE at the USCIS stage, I became a member and with the reading the information here and guidance from you and others...we had not 1 issue after.

Thank you!!!

Timeline

Hey DWHEELS....long time. Although I still follow, I aam now a silent observer. I hope that you are you're husband are enjoying being reunited.

Anyways, I wanted to tell you that I figured out a way to track the greencard..once you are to that point. The instructions were helpful but after the point of payment it got a little muddled for me. With the assistance and explanation of another VJ'er this is how it works.

Once you pay the fee, you will be issued a invoice number. (Example - IOE*******). Print a copy of that and retain it for your records. After POE, log into USCIS and begin checking, using the IOE** number under case status. If the card is not yet in production you will receive an error message; something to the effect of incorrect receipt number. Don't get dismayed...keep trying. Once you get the message that the card is in production, you can then add it to your "my cases" and sign up for email and text notifications--similar to the way done with USCIS receipt number tracking.

***Until the card is in production, you will get the error message

Hope this makes sense and someone finds it useful.

My husband POE was 3 Aug 16. The greencard fee was paid same day (as he was mid-air).

Checked the case status Monday (9/12), and saw that it was in production. I added the case to "my cases". Later that evening I received and update that the greencard had been mailed.

Finally, I want to say again to you and everyone that I have become acquainted with here...thank you so much for this site, for the support and the advice. We managed to get through this process in a lighting fast pace with only 1 hiccup...and that occurred early on and prior to me becoming a member. Once we rec'd the RFE at the USCIS stage, I became a member and with the reading the information here and guidance from you and others...we had not 1 issue after.

Thank you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Krutarth, in order to interview in Canada, you must have a status as a legal resident of Canada. This could be proved with a Canadian birth certificate, a Canadian passport, or a working or student visa for Canada. You must have something stronger than a visitor visa.

Perhaps you have an unusual situation?

If you truly are on a visitor's visa, you will not be allowed to interview in Canada. You will have to be interviewed in the country of your passport, or the country of your residency.

I hope this can be easily resolved.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Krutarth, in order to interview in Canada, you must have a status as a legal resident of Canada. This could be proved with a Canadian birth certificate, a Canadian passport, or a working or student visa for Canada. You must have something stronger than a visitor visa.

Perhaps you have an unusual situation?

If you truly are on a visitor's visa, you will not be allowed to interview in Canada. You will have to be interviewed in the country of your passport, or the country of your residency.

I hope this can be easily resolved.

Sukie in NY

Thank you so much for the information. They called me again and will let me know the results by tomorrow and hopefully they will allow me to finish everything in Canada as i live here too long

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

few hours to my interview...... i wish myself and every other persons having their interview today the best. let's go get it

Fatokun Olamide Yusuf

few hours to my interview...... i wish myself and every other persons having their interview today the best. let's go get it

Good luck! Sending positive vibes & prayers your way!

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hope to wake up here in the US tomorrow to find that many of you were approved at your interviews! Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well they have been saying 6 weeks. I sure wouldn't ask for a supervisor review. Just hang on I am sure its coming soon. Go over to the NV filers thread see if there's others like you waiting after checklist.

its already there.

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.